What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$45 a gram for freakin wax. What did we win?

MCGold

As an oHIoan I have no idea on cost of living and rent for a disp., but I cannot imagine price of hash is ever going to get below what you are currently paying on the legal side. Black market may be cheaper, but then you have no clue what was used in their products. From the price you listed it is about the same as it is here in oHIo as far as med. dispensaries are concerned. Some is way higher, but on average it is similar.

Considering your States population and number of growers and dispensaries y'all should be way cheaper than what we have, but somehow are just about the same. I bet with research I would find that it's pretty much the same in all the "legal" States pricewise.

Here it's $50 an eighth for immature bud, $40 half gram of shatter, $40 gram of wax, edibles are a ripoff.

Then on top of that pay 20% in taxes (state sales tax, state cannabis tax, local town tax). One place here has no onsite parking and you have to take a shuttle back and forth, consuming an hour of your time.

And they can only afford to pay $60K to a full time manager to run the dispensary with an underpaid, constantly rotating staff.

Result: average statewide rec dispensary transactions are less than $40 of product and black market remains at $200 per transaction.

People aren't being dumb at least. Mostly going for the edibles which are decent and ignoring the flower cause they know it's garbage.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Last April 20th at the National Cannabis Festival in D.C. I saw live rosin for $120 a gram!

I talked to a couple of locals and they said that was normal price.

On black market in Virginia I can get wax/shatter/snap and pull for $35-50 a gram (when it's around)
But I know VERY few people. I'm sure the young kids can get it even cheaper.

Homegrown legal here, one thing the state got right. Although there were a lot of dispensary companies actively campaigned against it. If there are 2 adults over 21 on your property, you can have up to 12 plants. Can keep everything you grow, no limit on yield. There are purchase and public possession limits, you can "gift" up to an oz to anyone you want if they are over 21.

Corporate consolidation has started here, and the cannabis control commission is already airing their concerns about it. 2 local companies were just acquired by national brands, more to follow. And we barely have any adult use dispensaries available right now. Law went active over 2 years ago and supply is still a total and complete joke.

So I just keep growing. I can legally extract using ethanol, there is a law regarding solvents and flash points so technically home BHO isn't legal.