What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cuts

Mudraya

Now with legalization...is it/will it be possible as an out of state person to procure them from a reputable establishment such as Allstar for instance? Thanks

Skip

Veteran
Good question! AFAIK, as long as you're not a minor you should be able to purchase cannabis products even as an out-of-state resident. That's how it is in Colorado. Whether this includes cuts/clones I'm not sure. The only one to say no to you is the person selling it, as it doesn't make sense they'll let you buy pot but not a cut.

On second thought, legally all sales need to be accounted for and taxed, right? But a cut would be something harder to keep track of, no?

I don't think there's any provision in the law that would cover exactly that.

But I doubt there'd be a problem since you are allowed to possess up to an ounce in transit, and I don't think they specified alive or not.

The only thing non-residents can't do is setup a marijuana business. You have to reside in CA for at least a year I think.

big_nims

No. Legalization is only on the state level. Its still illegal on the federal level. Purchasing, or shipping any cannabis plants, plant matter, concentrates etc... across state lines is still illegal. Not to say that it isn't being done everyday:)

Mudraya

All good points. I guess the other question would be, if going/claiming to be going to a neighboring legal state would change the answer by an employee? For instance, I went to CO right after legalization, and they were more than happy to sell flowers, but said no to seeds.

Skip

Veteran
No. Legalization is only on the state level. Its still illegal on the federal level. Purchasing, or shipping any cannabis plants, plant matter, concentrates etc... across state lines is still illegal. Not to say that it isn't being done everyday:)
Well the Feds only monitor International borders. And some states do allow people who come from other states to purchase cannabis products, and if you're legal to carry in both states, then nobody is going to harass you at the border. For instance there should be no problem going from CA to OR. since both now have legal recreational, so long as you are within the weight limit (one ounce in CA). You don't even need a Dr. recommendation.

However, if you travel thru a state that is not cannabis friendly like Kansas, you are definitely at risk. And of course shipping across state borders is still a no-no.