What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

I think its cheaper than alcohol. an eigth of top shelf one hit weed lasts along time. Good beer is expensive. Good liquor is very pricey. I save money by smoking weed. Good drink is too expensive and it doesnt last long. Its cheaper in the long run too. Healthwise. Far cheaper.

You hit the nail on the head. I $aved alot after I quit liquor!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i noticed the quality and prices are changin out by me im surprized by some of them cali numbers dispen are payin out there i must of been one lucky muthafuka but as of late the nug out here from cali is still on the cheap end of the stick but the quality aint what it used to be... the 2-3g lbs went from dank where i couldto rank over night and never went back.... glad i grow my own heady... but i dont think the dank i was gettin would ever be called topshelf even some of the og and others ......maybe...but for the most part just good indoor.... my homegrown is topshelf stash though.... and thats what i prefer to smoke most of the time.... but the good ol days are long gone,,,

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I pay income and sales taxes on everything I do, costs me $16k a year thankyouverymuch.

Also, note that indoor prices have already climbed back to pre-flood prices amongst my circles, good ins are moving well at $27-28 each locally.

ODTreez

Ahhh ODT....sounds like you got it all figured out. If so....come and get it...homeboy. Point A to point B....there are a few details to figure out in-between. Once you do...let me know...i'll be sittin' here on my front porch waiting for ya. Nothing is ever as easy as it seems my friend.

Transportation is a profession out here....it's no joke. There are so many naive fools that just pack up the trunk and go on there way....soon to be popped in Kansas..Oklahoma..Nebraska..take your pick. Interstate highways through the Plains and Midwest are poaching grounds for Troopers. I have known countless peeps that this has happened to....and the domino effect from it can be devastating to them and their entire crew.

Wholesale....that's what were talking about...correct? These kind of ops have tractor trailers that are already on established routes that are loaded with cargo. When the true gangsters come into town they can dictate the wholesale prices because they come with cash and clear out crops. I will gladly get cashed out on my entire rip and take a couple points less, so that I don't have to deal with the bullshit and get to my next run. Sittin' on cash is better than sittin' on grass....if you ask me.

Focus on what you do and do it well.

Well said my friend. Im not saying its (transportation) an easy task by any means. Its the toughest part of the game, harder than growing and easily harder than flipping. Im just saying that for those growers that hate lowering their prices by a couple points when the market is flooded, there is always the opportunity to add ATLEAST 5 points per pack WHOLESALE and find a ballsy motherfucker to make the trip east.

I've known people that moved their entire crops east for 10+ years and never let it hit the west coast market. They made so much money so quickly they didnt know what to do with it. The only reason im refering to them in past tense is because they couldnt manage to resist the greed that comes with increased profits. Each trip lead to setting up another grow...but anyway thats not important.

Its like the stock market, the higher risk, the higher yield you can expect. but yea, for most people, its not worth losing 10 years of your life to make 20% more money a year.

so its $100 a quarter from a dispensary in the USA? that was the blackmarket price when I was last down there....

its $50 blackmarket in BC, maybe $60 if really good....

how is $100 for a quarter from a grower that is legal, the same as a underground grower, or a black market? isn't the prices of weed justified by the risk/reward idea?

I dont understand why weed is so expensive just across the border considering cali has WAY better medical laws and legal growers everywhere.

100 a quarter no matter how "dank" is a rip off IMO... even more so in a green state with all members of the deal being "legal".

i think everyone who smokes weed should grow some of their own and give some extras to family or friends who cant grow, thats what i do... eventually everyone will grow or have a close connection to some weed.

usually people dont mind paying good money for good stuff, regardless of what that stuff may be, but I feel $50 a quarter, and 180-200 a 0 is fair for some good weed. and thats what i have paid or sold for since 94

S

stickey fingers

i heart DANK

i heart DANK

if you got DANK i got $$$ some things are priceless
i am considering a second job to keep more of my stash :)
i think the real reason behind all of the drama is some
people just dont know how to grow !!!
RIP DR JAY

KillerDemo

i live in the central valley and i know its flooded...it aint everyday homies selling 90 dollar zips of good outdoor purp

Rainmaker

He's talking OD...that sounds about right. There's still a ton of good OD that the old timers are just starting to dig up....as well as black boxes coming down next month. With the decline in prices...the major outdoor farmers are damn near hitting it year round. Way up in the cuts I saw 4ft. bushes in late January in a 40 x 80 greenhouse w/ 40K of supplemental lighting. Balls to the wall.....

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Yeah, and its not Headband or OG Kush, or Sour Diesel. Lots of the bulk outdoor was grown with chemical ferts. Im hearing complaints about weed from even good clones giving people headaches etc. Chemical ferts are far cheaper.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
Maybe the title of this thread should be; beasters takes over cali ... the economy is hurting people in Cali, people on the street who where once connoisseurs are now trying to get the highest for the least amount of $ or growing there own.

indoor bunk just aint guna fly or stand out in a flooded market ... if you want your shit to go; (not talking clubs(they buy for profit margin only)) it has to be AAA type herb (Good outdoor just gets passed as indoor nowadays) ... if your shit has any issues like pm or bugs might as well hash it or drop it to beasters prices or hope you have an exporter.

memphis man

nah man im just plugged in...packs of outdoor purp for 1400...thats how i know its flooded in the central valley...

so your tellin me your plugged up so good that your bangin out 90 oz on a p you gave 1400 for to only make a 40 dollar profit? WOW:tiphat: your the man

KillerDemo

so your tellin me your plugged up so good that your bangin out 90 oz on a p you gave 1400 for to only make a 40 dollar profit? WOW:tiphat: your the man

where did u get 40 dollars profit on a P??? i dont get your logic

i can get em for 90 and they go for 200-240 EASY with this smell and bag appeal...check your math

MjBuddah

its unfortunate, but its the green rush. theres a recession right now, and a lot of unemployed people have chose to grow pot to get by...a year ago....i was getting, 2,800 a pound....now i cant even get 2100 pound....market is flooded. its that simple.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
flooded with

flooded with

flooded with weed. a bunch of so-so weed.

The good news is: Its not flooded with premium OG Kush, GDP, Sour Diesel, Haze.
Thats your cutting edge. Grow the best there is :dance013:

turbolaser4528

Veteran
flooded with weed. a bunch of so-so weed.

The good news is: Its not flooded with premium OG Kush, GDP, Sour Diesel, Haze.
Thats your cutting edge. Grow the best there is :dance013:

ok, but some great growers on here are saying there barely getting 3k, more like 25-2800 a #.

I guess it depends on who you know?