What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
--what do you think the price would be if grows sucking more than 20KwH/daily could not be profitable?

I for one would seek the treasure elsewhere.

--what do you think the price would be if there's rolling blackouts this summer?.....say east coast and west coast..
If it's a supply inhibitor the price probably won't trend down. Raising the price doesn't command distribution, it seeks it. Wouldn't be a stretch to suggest your scenario increases prices.

--how many growers can provide their own supplements(everything you add to plants during the grow)...and power for lights?(no gennies..)
I venture only up to the blackout possibility. Cost management and grower ingenuity will in part dictate margins.

with all thats going on...economic fuckery/escalating u.s. "democracy" spreading/global radiation release/climate+solar activity.....plus many other issues......id say quit worrying where the prices will go.......id say figure out a way to keep the lights on for 3-5 days w/o having juice....(or gas)
I don't look forward to the trends of the last 3 decades. IMO, it'll get worse before it gets better. We might have been better off if the top suffered similar losses as the middle and lower class. Who gives a flip if my low risk, long-term investments recover quickly when retirement poses even more expensive living standards?

I don't consider myself a class warrior but the top has had their pillow fluffed more than enough.:) IMO, trends need to lean more toward consumers ability to absorb the cost of living. That includes the less than mega-grower.

Last edited:

Tela

so its ok for the mega wealthy corporations to get billion dollar tax breaks but not ok for a middle class grower to save a few grand by signing up for care??

doesnt make sense...i dont see how a grower using CARE is the same as someone skimming credit cards...no where close.

also...what are you commercial warehouse guys paying per 1k in your area....i heard a friend of freind got a warehouse with care but i cant find any info on it...says care is only for qualified households on the website.

OK maybe not credit card scams. but essentially if you make more than 36k annually and you are on CARE, you are a thief. plain and simple.

go hit up the food stamp office and mediCAL while you are at it. bro.

its ok. big corporations dont pay taxes. lol

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
thingshappening, Justification implies measurable accuracy. Morality implies religion. Ethics might be a more accurate term and judgement isn't necessarily justification.

How does one reflect moral judgement on ethical standards?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
not so much...
one can have morals without gawd ;)

Yes religion isn't a necessary component of morality and ethics. One may be highly moral and ethical while at the same time having NO RELIGIOUS affiliation or belief in a higher power.

We all have internal moral compasses, some of the least moral and ethical people I know proudly claim their religious faith.

:joint:

I agree some strains will get more money per unit than others and I think that's the way it should be.I think we need more hazes and haze crosses,I mean that's the herb that fetches top dollar in the damn shouldn't really be different here. It takes forever and yields poorly but the quality and positive mood enhancing effect make it worth so much more IMHO.I am going to give up some yield and focus on nice organic quality Haze influenced (new to Cali)genetics and see if I can get prices back in the high 3's to 4 where they belong.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
not so much...
one can have morals without gawd ;)

Until the Moral Majority said no in the '70s. Rather than embrace a word hijacked by religious intolerance, ethics became a catch phrase for non-religious guidelines or less than.

Morality has two principal meanings:

• In its "descriptive" sense, morality refers to personal or cultural values, codes of conduct or social mores that distinguish between right and wrong in the human society. Describing morality in this way is not making a claim about what is objectively right or wrong, but only referring to what is considered right or wrong by an individual or some group of people (such as a religion). This sense of the term is addressed by descriptive ethics.
  • In its "normative" sense, morality refers directly to what is right and wrong, regardless of what specific individuals think. It could be defined as the conduct of the ideal "moral" person in a certain situation. This usage of the term is characterized by "definitive" statements such as "That act is immoral" rather than descriptive ones such as "Many believe that act is immoral." It is often challenged by moral nihilism, which rejects the existence of any moral truths,[5] and supported by moral realism, which supports the existence of moral truths. The normative usage of the term "morality" is addressed by normative ethics.
Referencingthe word ethics is a way to escape the potential of religious context w/o having to specify.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I agree some strains will get more money per unit than others and I think that's the way it should be.I think we need more hazes and haze crosses,I mean that's the herb that fetches top dollar in the damn shouldn't really be different here. It takes forever and yields poorly but the quality and positive mood enhancing effect make it worth so much more IMHO.I am going to give up some yield and focus on nice organic quality Haze influenced (new to Cali)genetics and see if I can get prices back in the high 3's to 4 where they belong.

I applaud your effort and hope that eventually there is a wide enough market to appreciate all different styles, strains, and qualities. Unfortunately as it stands now there aren't many categories, prohibition is furthering this problem, and top dollar is what the market sets.

You may spend twice as long to achieve the same yield with your haze compared to a cali kush. If so you'll need to receive TWICE what the kush can fetch to keep even. That is where the rub comes in, the universe, the market is just not willing to pay top shelf kush X 2 for ANYTHING.

Also I think that Adam is filed with hazes because that is what they started with, if Iranian / Afgani kush made it there first it would be the popular selection.

The real truth is the only way to guarantee you get top price is have top quality. As many have said.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Until the Moral Majority said no in the '70s. Rather than embrace a word hijacked by religious intolerance, ethics became a catch phrase for non-religious guidelines or less than.

Referencingthe word ethics is a way to escape the potential of religious context w/o having to specify.

Fuck the "Moral Majority" and groups that hijack words. For example some money is "illegitimate" and needs to be "laundered" because it was earned by a cannabis cultivator. These church going types are the ones that make up imaginary crimes out of activities the participants have no complaint with. These moral fucks are locking up millions, a special level of hell is reserved for this "Moral Majority."

My moral compass is my own and the US Gvt line is no where near dead north.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Fuck the "Moral Majority" and groups that hijack words. For example some money is "illegitimate" and needs to be "laundered" because it was earned by a cannabis cultivator. These church going types are the ones that make up imaginary crimes out of activities the participants have no complaint with. These moral fucks are locking up millions, a special level of hell is reserved for this "Moral Majority."

My moral compass is my own and the US Gvt line is no where near dead north.

I agree, I think. Maybe hijack was the wrong way to put it. But the movement so placed an emphasis on morals that ethics was embraced as spiritually free expression of principles or lack of.

Conversely, ethics isn't necessarily government associated, even though the term is popular with elected officials. As a civilian in the true sense, ethics applies to my principles where as an agnostic, morals don't. IMO, morals represents one and a higher inspiration. Agnostics may lack recognition of a higher inspiration and ethics may apply exclusively.

It's one of the reasons that folks whom embrace both morals and ethics separate the two.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I agree, I think. Maybe hijack was the wrong way to put it. But the movement so placed an emphasis on morals that ethics was embraced as spiritually free expression of principles or lack of.

It's one of the reasons that folks whom embrace both ethics and morals separate the two.

No hijacking was the correct term, not only do they want to tell us how to live they want to tell us what words mean, George Orwell 1984 style.

I didn't get that memo I don't cede the English language to these fucks, so I claim to be MORAL even though I drink, gamble, swear, and use a SHIT load of cannabis (but only in church).

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Uncut? :chin: Is that a Jewish reference?:D More like a circumcised penis up the proverbial shaft. GE (and others I'm sure) staffs lawyers and accountants that are former Treasury and IRS officials. They pour over the bills they wrote that were voted into law. Then they find their own loopholes to jump through.

Six months ago, I heard cable tv reporting that 35% of former US [now global] corporations pay no US taxes. The other night a reported said 65%. I'd lay odds that 100% of the global entities formerly and currently based in the US pay no federal taxes. The only major player boasting jobs is WalMart and I bet they don't pay jack to local, state or fed.

thanks for the link

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Income tax is IMMORAL it discourages productivity. Thomas Jefferson said it was an assualt and violation of free association (see first amendment).

If you want to tax shit tax it. Tax the keg of beer. Tax the oz of cannabis. Tax the gallon of gas. Tax the bushel of wheat.

But why for gods sakes is it important to penalize the productive producers of beer in favor of the shit heads who could produce to standard?

Not complaining about raising money just asking why we should collect from the producers and subsidies the failures?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart employs 7 or 8 figures. IMO, they should still pay their fair share. It would be pennies on the crap they sell yet help fill deficit coffers.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
There should be no us v them, they paying. If tax on every piece of shit they sold was taxed (or not in the case of food or other exceptions) then all would be good.

The game of not making taxable income but making money is the problem, not the players.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Income tax is IMMORAL it discourages productivity. Thomas Jefferson said it was an assualt and violation of free association (see first amendment).

If you want to tax shit tax it. Tax the keg of beer. Tax the oz of cannabis. Tax the gallon of gas. Tax the bushel of wheat.

But why for gods sakes is it important to penalize the productive producers of beer in favor of the shit heads who could produce to standard?

Not complaining about raising money just asking why we should collect from the producers and subsidies the failures?

I think TJ would have had a hard time building schools, roads, bridges, sewers and everything that keep us from living and acting like the Flintstones. Besides, I think Jefferson was talking about lining the pockets of the king. He's rolled in his grave immeasurably by the second attempt of corporate welfare... with the first one causing a great depression. Depression 2.0 will be too big to fail.

I think subsidies are intended to support that which we can't effectively plan. Big Ag, big oil and pretty much all giant subs started as smaller operations. Without subsidies, Cali could overgrow it's effective market. I'm no economist and make no personal assumptions over weed subsidies but the theory could apply if and when we're there.

I think big oil posts enough sustained profits in the last decade to be weaned from the dole. I'm not so sure about farmers. Grow too much of one thing and market chaos wrecks elements of the ability to continue.

At some point, capitalism inevitably says, "I ain't doing that for less than _____. Government turns to the taxpayer to help these industries working for us. Too much swing in the last 30 years has many of em working against us.

Freedom's a great thing except for the peeps that would (IMO) exploit it and the rest of us.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I think TJ would have had a hard time building schools, roads, bridges, sewers and everything that keep us from living and acting like the Flintstones. Besides, I think Jefferson was talking about lining the pockets of the king. He's rolled in his grave immeasurably by the second attempt of corporate welfare... with the first one causing a great depression. Depression 2.0 will be too big to fail.

I think subsidies are intended to support that which we can't effectively plan. Big Ag, big oil and pretty much all giant subs started as smaller operations. Without subsidies, Cali could overgrow it's effective market. I'm no economist and make no personal assumptions over weed subsidies but the theory could apply if and when we're there.

I think big oil posts enough sustained profits in the last decade to be weaned from the dole. I'm not so sure about farmers. Grow too much of one thing and market chaos wrecks elements of the ability to continue.

At some point, capitalism inevitably says, "I ain't doing that for less than _____. Government turns to the taxpayer to help these industries working for us. Too much swing in the last 30 years has many of em working against us.

Freedom's a great thing except for the peeps that would (IMO) exploit it and the rest of us.

Not true dude, Jefferson was stating that AN INCOME tax is a violation of FREE ASSOCIATION (the US Constitution's 1st amendment). Because Jefferson was correct a constitutional amendment was required for us to get FUCKED with an INCOME TAX. The income tax didn't come to being until 1913. America was far from a road-less shit hole at that time. America's had invented the automobile, had an industrial revolution, and fielded an army and navy large enough to cross the pond and fight the Gerrie's "Over There." Far from Flintstones land.

I am 100% with you on removing ALL welfare: corporate, religious, agricultural, and individual. It is much harder to exploit the FREE when NO ONE is ENTITLED to anything, except the results of their own efforts. If you are obligated to the government or the king are you truly free?

Government is the problem not the solution.

Latest posts

Latest posts