What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Uh yeah, we are the community / internet site of those in the know, of course shit is changing fast, that is what we are talking about :D

:joint:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I think most people forgot that pot shouldn't be sold in the first place.it should be free. I mean after all it is a weed. Left to it's own devices it would grow wild outdoors. The only reason pot went up to 6k a pound is that it was made illegal. Now that it the political tide is turning and new laws are being written the prices are heading back down to earth. Pot will never be $4 a pound but that is closer to the real value than 6k.

theres a pretty big difference between wild weed growing on the side of the freeway compared to high quality indoor grown bud....costs of production are totally different.

sure...your outdoor mega crop airy schwag will be around for 100 bucks an LB or the other "magic fairy" prices.....but good top shelf indoor...that barely covers its production costs.

also...in a legalized market, there will be MORE regulation. only facilities with proper sterilization, etc are gonna be able to sell their buds legally. and you better bet the governments gonna wanna their cut...so i honestly see buds still selling for 200-250 an OZ its just gonna be a larger cut for the state...and just because its legal doesnt mean you can grow on the side of the freeway.....theres most likely gonna be restrictions on where you can grow as well, just like currently under 215..

all the regulations and taxes should keep prices from totally bottoming out....but id imagine in a legal market with storefronts and everything...an OZ of top shelf high grade marijuana is gonna be around 150-250 an OZ with about 50-60 bucks going to the gov..

theres gonna be tons of weed around for your lowball prices, there already is..find a shitty grower and lowball him. you can get ounces of low grade indoor fuckery for 100 bucks in SF!! but its nothing i would smoke! same with your outdoor guerilla weed...

G

Growdsix

i wouldnt wipe my ass with a $5 gram.

here is that 5 dollar gram ass wipe..and they dont take donations for more than an oz a week per member. cali connection tahoe x pre98 bubba

attachment.php

Thanks for all your negitive love here...

in lake forest california..a coop caps at 35 an 1/8....louiee 13th..tahoe..chocolate chunk..purple erkle larry og..so...thats the 1/8 price..the oz are 250.

I dont go there anymore since finding the 5 a g coop..I used to go to the farmers market in riverside that 42024 talked about...they take 25 percent from everything off the top....GO LANNEY SWERLOW...LOL

Attachments

• 200978_119962151412876_108949602514131_153420_1734665_o.jpg
    200978_119962151412876_108949602514131_153420_1734665_o.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 30

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
here is that 5 dollar gram ass wipe..and they dont take donations for more than an oz a week per member. cali connection tahoe x pre98 bubba

attachment.php

If that is really retailing at $5 per gram the universe is going to stand on its end!!!!!!!!!!!!

But maybe so here is to great cannabis costing less than tissue!

:joint:

G

Growdsix

once again...NOT RETAILING.

in the collective..u work....u help..u donate.

600watt lights on tracks...organic soil with brewed microb's...the building is 900 a month because the owner is a collective member...

they check records,,u sign a real hippa release and the board of directors makes a decision on your membership.

already undercover officers were astounded the guidelines of the attorney general being followed...

solar light panels cut costs..these were donated by other members...

so..LOOK..AND YOU MAY FIND..

BUT THE DAYS OF RAPING PEOPLE FOR CASH OVER THIS PLANT WILL STOP...

SOON...

the new thcless cannabis is here..the pollen will be spread by planes...

here is the real threat...

link.http://www.gwpharm.com/Cultivation.aspx

the gene at locus O allows the production of the initial phenolic precursors (resorcinolic acids). These combine with geranyl pyrophosphate to create the intermediate cannabinoids CBG and/or CBGV, the central precursors for the end-product cannabinoids THC(V), CBD(V) and CBC(V). The functional allele O is co-dominant; O/o hybrids have a low cannabinoid content and o/o plants are cannabinoid-free.

The ratio of propyl- and pentyl cannabinoid precursors is determined by a postulated locus A, which is still under investigation.

The CBG/CBGV intermediate is further processed by the alleles of locus B. BD and BT are co-dominant; the BD gene converts CBG(V) into CBD(V) and the BT gene converts CBG(V) into THC(V). In the BD/BT genotype, codominance allows the expression of a mixed CBD/THC chemotype. Also at this locus, non-functional alleles, designated B0 can exist; these are unable to convert the CBG(V) intermediate and leave the plant with a CBG(V) predominant chemotype.

Locus C is fixed so all plants have CBC synthase activity. CBC synthase competes for the same CBG(V) precursor as the synthases encoded by locus B (THC and/or CBD synthase). In 'normal' Cannabis plants, CBC synthase is only active in the juvenile state. However, our scientists have discovered genetic factors that induce morphological mutations that are associated with a 'prolonged juvenile chemotype'. Prototype CBC production plants carry these factors in combination with B0/B0 at locus B. In these plants CBC synthase has no competition from THC or CBD synthase.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
no one has 'splained to me yet how prices will go down while production/distribution costs go up in a legal market?

vaped

The debate rages on. A bunch of broke mofos trying to stiff a hard working farmer thats all it is. Marijuana is a weed that loves to grow but to get it to its true potential it takes a skilled grower. Prices at the grow store are skyrocketing. Electreicity rates will continue to climb but folks who cant grow or just dont grow will keep bitching about high prices on a product they want. Here in the murder mitt low prices at the collectives have done nothing but push growers back on to the black market where the prices are still fair. This market should be no different from the wine market you can either buy a bottle of boones farm or a bottle of crystal. If you want the crystal shell out the big bucks.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
theres a pretty big difference between wild weed growing on the side of the freeway compared to high quality indoor grown bud....costs of production are totally different.

sure...your outdoor mega crop airy schwag will be around for 100 bucks an LB or the other "magic fairy" prices.....but good top shelf indoor...that barely covers its production costs.

also...in a legalized market, there will be MORE regulation. only facilities with proper sterilization, etc are gonna be able to sell their buds legally. and you better bet the governments gonna wanna their cut...so i honestly see buds still selling for 200-250 an OZ its just gonna be a larger cut for the state...and just because its legal doesnt mean you can grow on the side of the freeway.....theres most likely gonna be restrictions on where you can grow as well, just like currently under 215..

all the regulations and taxes should keep prices from totally bottoming out....but id imagine in a legal market with storefronts and everything...an OZ of top shelf high grade marijuana is gonna be around 150-250 an OZ with about 50-60 bucks going to the gov..

theres gonna be tons of weed around for your lowball prices, there already is..find a shitty grower and lowball him. you can get ounces of low grade indoor fuckery for 100 bucks in SF!! but its nothing i would smoke! same with your outdoor guerilla weed...

Hold on. Somewhere in this post I'm pretty sure you claim that top shelf which costs $3k+ a lb... costs nearly $3k+ to grow?

You know, if you live in the same building as your plants, they're not the only ones who pay rent, right?

D

decarboxylator

There will be a "2 buck chuck" of wiid eventually. But there will also be top shelf. Prices will stay high for the best of the best, that is simple market dynamics. Those who possess the "best of the best" will be tested and culled. Indoor growing, at home for profit, will no longer be feasible if you don't have a commercial power source. But this is a LONG ways away. Like decades. 46% of america is ready for recreational wiid, that's not enough. 76% of american are ready for medical marijuana, that is where we should focus.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah buddy...my thoughts too...

Ditto!

Quality is an issue indoors, as there are still tons of dipshits growing lousy weed and selling it to tightwads at a discount. Growing costs are increasing constantly. But the price is coming down? Dispensaries getting closed left and right will raise prices on the street too.

I hope the assholes who got into this to get rich are sitting on 1000 pounds of worthless crumbly outdoor, and have to move back to their home state since they clearly can't cut it here.

/Born and raised in NorCal.

Space Case

Veteran
Wholesale pot prices plummet in CA

Wholesale pot prices plummet in CA

Its funny cuz the same people that bitch about falling prices are the ones scrambling to produce as much half ass shit as they can, freaking out about money, so they chop early without flushing. This very behavior is what continually lowers the price. I don't care how broke you are, you should still be trying to produce the best product possible. Quality over quantity.

I know of a few people with large grows in NorCal that feel like they have this limited opportunity to push out tons and make cash before the market completely dries. Sorry, but I'm here for the long haul, this isn't a get rich quick scheme, get in and get out. This is a lifetime passion for me, and anyone who just sees this as their next con game is sorely mistaken. When big pharma comes in, they will have the quantity game on lock, but it will take them years and years (if ever) to get the quality on lock, so focus on quality.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
no one has 'splained to me yet how prices will go down while production/distribution costs go up in a legal market?

You've had several examples, Licky. You just don't agree. Sometimes it's as easy as recognizing you're making a different argument.

Your argument has been (and always is:)) a bit niche. Your examples are extreme and few care to validate or quantify retail forecasting.

Or the definition of legal.

Or the economic ramifications of regulation and taxes from a rather winged point of view.

Because we'd have to pretend to agree with your pretext to debate your argument. But those are as politically complicated as your argument itself. You might find more agreement with like minds.

You can price it, you can sell it. Nobody's suggesting you can't do either. You'll just need a seller's market and that's dwindling as a whole.

One of the main arguments you've received simply recognizes that black market pricing influences the status quot. No niche aspects, just the macro.

Your arguments are so micro specific, I'd have to quote you directly to point out you've played both sides of legality to make your point.

But I'll paraphrase...

On one hand you argue that legal weed is the same price, unaffected by Cali reform laws. At the same time entire threads come and go, reflecting the squeeze. Your arguments center on idealistic, seller's philosophy more than reality. If you were out there selling you'd know what reality does to idealism. Nobody's saying you can't dream but sooner or later you'll have to apply it.

On the other hand, your forecasts of regulation costs into pricing actually exceed the black market.:chin: Maybe I need to look for black market produce?:)

At some point we have to stop reinventing strategies for debate. You no more have to accept my interpretation than anybody else'. I for one am pretty certain that your views are so unique, debate tends to drift to minutia in order to support your main argument. It's too politically lensed to view from different perspectives.

So I can manage to agree with your crux in hopes of laying this to rest...

Exotic product = exotic pricing.

And a legal market will squeeze the illegal aspect of pricing out of the equation. Whatever inflationary elements you choose to add back is your choice.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Hold on. Somewhere in this post I'm pretty sure you claim that top shelf which costs $3k+ a lb... costs nearly $3k+ to grow?

You know, if you live in the same building as your plants, they're not the only ones who pay rent, right?

never said it costs 3k to grow...i said # were going for around 3k in cali currently. my quick estimates show im spending about 800 bucks per light per cycle indoors...probably higher. PGE and rent on the growroom alone are like 80% of the costs....and i split up the monthly rent between the 4 lights too. PGE is 250 per 1k per month here in cali, around 150 if you got the care discount.

my production costs, because i grow indoor in a house, are pretty high costs that arent gonna work in legalized commercial industry and it will be time to rent out a warehouse and start doing greenhouse on the outdoor acres.

edit: i just recrunched all my numbers and came out to 650 bucks per light per cycle, and thats a super lowball estimate because i have CARE, have below market rent, and 60 manhours (1 hour per day w/ 60 day strain) divided by 4 lights so 20 manhours per light. i only get 1 per light now with the OG still dialing, havent committed a full light to any other strain yet.

but i did the numbers on my buddies grow, who doesnt pay CARE but standard rate, has a higher than average monthly rent per room because he lives in a nice neighborhood, and pays for teenage plants at very high rates as well (50 a pop)...hes paying damn near 1600 per light. so sorry for my friend, but id imagine if he doesnt adapt soon he might be out of business..luckily he produces some nice dark GDPurps that is flying off the shelves for 25 a pop...he gets between 1-1.5 a light.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Whatever inflationary elements you choose to add back is your choice.
the inflationary nature of regulatory cost increases in a "legal" market are not at the producers discretion...

the fallacy herein is the comparison to produce.
let me know how high you get off of cukes ;)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
also alot of the guys dumping prices for cheap in cali are stealing power and growing way over limits, thereby reducing their costs.