What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

D

decarboxylator

thinking 'bout it..
yeah they were rude to me when i first arrived in MI.
it is a very "local" place.
up north especially so. buy only local produce,meat,reefer and distrust any outsiders.
once they get to know you they are shirt of their backs kinda folks.
i came from louisiana to northern MI and found frozen cajuns basically.
so i can see where your buddies got shrugged of.

Sounds like most of small town america to me.

Local produce ey? hahaha. That is surely an exaggeration. I can't even get all my produce locally here in CA, and our climate is, well, way better. You let me know how those MI grown bananas taste ;)

At least we get year round fresh greens here, crucial to my happiness. Local citrus, don't see much of that in northern MI. Asparagus is IN SEASON already. The brassicas are in. Carrots are in. Leeks are in. Sunchokes and fennel are in. What's in season in MI?

With all that said, it's a beautiful state. I used to party in the UP every summer at a folk music festival. And the UP is basically part of Wisco... lol

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Sounds like most of small town america to me.

Local produce ey? hahaha. That is surely an exaggeration. I can't even get all my produce locally here in CA, and our climate is, well, way better. You let me know how those MI grown bananas taste ;)

At least we get year round fresh greens here, crucial to my happiness. Local citrus, don't see much of that in northern MI. Asparagus is IN SEASON already. The brassicas are in. Carrots are in. Leeks are in. Sunchokes and fennel are in. What's in season in MI?

abso correct..
citrus won't grow this far north..
most people would never have thought i was talking 'bout citrus but good on 'ya for pointing that one out :jerkit:
no mountains here either
stck_SC_GEN_BoardersView.jpg

like i said before..
nothing here at all..
just a big frozen turd.
stay clear.
in season right now?
attachment.php

a short walk through the woods yields $50.00 per lb ;)

D

decarboxylator

To suggest that MI does not have gang members is beyond silly. :rolleyes: Detroit is one of the most dangerous cities in America.

But if you picked those morels. BIG UPS!

Truth be told. OUR mushroom crop is way better than any midwest. This month alone I've picked gold and white chanterelles, black trumpets, morels, hedgehogs, golden foot chanterelles, candy caps, and boletes. Friggin boletes in the spring! And we have year round mushrooms on the coast.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
To suggest that MI does not have gang members is beyond silly. :rolleyes: Detroit is one of the most dangerous cities in America.

But if you picked those morels. BIG UPS!

Truth be told. OUR mushroom crop is way better than any midwest. This month alone I've picked gold and white chanterelles, black trumpets, morels, hedgehogs, golden foot chanterelles, candy caps, and boletes. Friggin boletes in the spring! And we have year round mushrooms on the coast.
lmao @ detroit...

is L.A. all there is in CA?

D

decarboxylator

lmao @ detroit...

is L.A. all there is in CA?

LA is most def part of CA, like detroit is most def part of MI.

And to suggest you eat primarily local produce, in a place with a long winter, is just silly. Don't get me wrong. I grew up on one of the largest rivers in the WI, about three miles from lake MI. Its a great place and I still visit every summer. The small lake swimming in late summer is what I love. When the water is warm like a bath.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
haha dagnabit you forgot a bunch of pics for california..or the bay area at least..

SidingInOakland.jpg

east oakland hyphy movement kids eager to rob your crops
folsom_poster07.jpg

SF is full of weirdos who push their alternative lifestyles in your face
20060509_immigration_2.jpg

illegals everywhere but hey they do cheap work!
la_traffic_043.jpg

traffic every day so gotta stay indoors between 4-7

we got some good stuff though to balance it out..
san-francisco-att-park.jpg

1440875864_b630129e9a.jpg

tumblr_l4fsqbhcPJ1qai2o0o1_500.jpg

sanfrancisco3.jpg

harris1a.jpg

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
haha dagnabit you forgot a bunch of pics for california..or the bay area at least..

SidingInOakland.jpg

east oakland hyphy movement kids eager to rob your crops
folsom_poster07.jpg

SF is full of weirdos who push their alternative lifestyles in your face
20060509_immigration_2.jpg

illegals everywhere but hey they do cheap work!
la_traffic_043.jpg

traffic every day so gotta stay indoors between 4-7

we got some good stuff though to balance it out..
san-francisco-att-park.jpg

1440875864_b630129e9a.jpg

tumblr_l4fsqbhcPJ1qai2o0o1_500.jpg

sanfrancisco3.jpg

harris1a.jpg

LOVE the area..
came out last year for a vaca.
picked up a cherokee at fox rent a car(shameless plug they were AWESOME) in san jose.
took the lid off that bitch and drove straight up the 1 along the coast.
hit the 101 through the "avenue of the giants" up to the redwood highway.
got back to san fran right smack in the middle 'o dungie season!!
another plug for "broken egg cafe'" in bragg best omelet ever!!!
decided the cherokee was not for the city.
they u/g us to the commander free of charge.
steak at Alexanders in san jose before a jaunt down to montery on the last day!
only complaint was traffic,smog and water quality.
WAAAY to much chlorine for my taste.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Here is some beautiful shots of detroit, what a wonderful place to be...
http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2011/02/07/captured-the-ruins-of-detroit/2672/
only been to detroit once lol

i will say there was some beautiful architecture in those shots!
to bad the idiot politicians/union thugs chased the money/jobs to mexico :(
funny story:
on my only trip to detroit i was on the interstate with a lb heading to a dispensary when i realized i ht made a wrong turn and was headed to the FUCKING BORDER!!!
needless to say i pulled an illegal u turn on the middle of the interstate to avoid trying to 'splain myself to customs ;)

Hey dag you know anything about St. Josephs area?

I hear the local clubs act like thugs and intimidate anyone who walks in to dispense with guns and the like. Heard it from an unreliable source though.

That's the spot.

Man if ya'll get your electric rates reasonable you'd have a new neighbor, hehe. Going up to your neck of the woods tomorrow on vacation as it turns out.

Take it easy.

Latest posts

Latest posts