What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

CrushnYuba

I assure you people are really getting 5k

viva la wavez

I'm sure it's possible. They say there is an ass for every seat. Something is worth whatever people will pay for it, but why would someone pay 2x as much? Is it just some crazy hyped strain? Do they just have the best buyer in the state?

I'm sure if you gave it to one of my broker friends, they wouldn't be able to move it for 49.

What product and situation is it that anyone is getting 5k

TPFTFW

Veteran
I'm sure it's possible. They say there is an ass for every seat. Something is worth whatever people will pay for it, but why would someone pay 2x as much? Is it just some crazy hyped strain? Do they just have the best buyer in the state?

I'm sure if you gave it to one of my broker friends, they wouldn't be able to move it for 49.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

the lowest friends have been going is 4

sour, OG PK’s, lemon cherry gelato, pink panties, Irene etc

theJointedOne

Veteran

the bay area and la exotics are probably broken into ounces and quarters, so they are making plenty off 5k pounds if they sell exotic ounces for 4-500 quarters for 125 etc

CrushnYuba

the bay area and la exotics are probably broken into ounces and quarters, so they are making plenty off 5k pounds if they sell exotic ounces for 4-500 quarters for 125 etc

So there is a guy that buys a lb or 2 that can make money breaking down expensive lbs. But could u move 50 lbs at 5k? Or even 20 lbs?. "Exotics" are available for 3k. I don't see anyone that moves stuff wholesale giving a farmer that much.

I see it all the time with a+. A few units go for top dollar and the rest have to go lower ticket. Unless u just don't grow that much and can afford to just sell a lb here and there.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
5k$ price is from small niche growers. Nothing commercial I've seen. White Truffle (aka Gorilla butter) is what getting 5k$. .I just got her in to breed with so Ill see if the hype is real.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you said alot. most people haven't said that much.

What I posted is just common sense. I think I'm correct on pricing. There's def some that will pay 5k$ if they like it that much. None I know get that much for their packs. All are good growers. If anyone wants to pay that wink wink lol.

CrushnYuba

If someone is posting a price quote that isn't in the shit-web, they should specify that.

Unfortunately, in the last 10 years we have developed this awful incestual web of brokers that 99% of wholesale units go through. Brokers make around 50$ on each unit and make money on volume. Trashy gorilla outdoor and warehouse, boutique outdoor and dep, perfect indoor. I move some of my units for allot more then the quotes i post here but its not really relevant here. I can only move a small amount through these outlets and the rest has to go through the shit-web.

You could look through my phone and call any contact with a 530, 707, 916 area code. And most 415, 510 area codes and they could give u a similar quote. Nearly everyone brokers from time to time in norcal. Rest of the state is probably different.

CrushnYuba

Drought time is right around the corner

Maybe. Maybe not. It was only 2 years ago that there was no such thing as drought time. 2 years ago you could buy boxes of LAST year's outdoor in October for 500$ People would have stuff that was 2+ years old that they missed selling and it got Brown. Great outdoor units went for 700$ at its peak. When outdoor pricing gets low, it brings indoor and dep down. Look back a few years on this thread. I composted trimmed weed back then.

From what i can tell, people grew ALLOT last year. People went crazy because of covid. Everyone thought it was a lawless free for all. There are allot more commercial legal farms PUMPING out of the backdoor. Licences came through. My buddy that runs a huge bulk soil company said it was theirbiggest year yet by far. Their mixing yards were totally at capacity. In May, they told me they were booked to July. And the hemp farms grew so much ganja on the low. Like allot. And then i talk to friends that are still sitting on whole 1000lb crops waiting for "dry season".

Boys.... I hope it comes. But don't bet the farm as they say. I personally just made the decision to move my 2020 stuff now. Last year i waited until May and made it like a bandit. But if dry season doesn't come this year, it will be a race to get it off before depps drop and tickets will bottom out.

i might be screwing up big time. But I'm going to cash in my chips and walk away from the table

Storm Shadow

Veteran
There's tons of shwag on the market... i just looked at 100's of units from 4 different vendors.. all from indoor to outs/deps... most of it is BUNK as hell... if u grow dank dank... shit is flying off the shelf with no issues...

Zero issues in the pickiest market in the whole country Orange County Ca... i just unloaded 12 units of thr Master/cookies @2700 ... even most of the legal grows barley have bomb shit...

I can get any name brand cookie strain grown in climate controlled light dep by a legal licensed facility for 2k all day out the backdoor... these 1/8ths are the name brand cookies and sell for $75+ ... we grow strains that blow these out the water... stop growing from hype clones and find some real keepers doing seeds grows bro...

Also.. Yuba dont u have issues with Aphids atm? U gotta know if your crop isnt perfect its not gonna fly off the shelf... no bugs... no fungus... and no pgrs/ miticides/pesticides etc..

Its not easy to grow the bomb bomb.... legal grow ops still having issues figuring it out bro bro

CrushnYuba

There's tons of shwag on the market... i just looked at 100's of units from 4 different vendors.. all from indoor to outs/deps... most of it is BUNK as hell... if u grow dank dank... shit is flying off the shelf with no issues...

Zero issues in the pickiest market in the whole country Orange County Ca... i just unloaded 12 units of thr Master/cookies @2700 ... even most of the legal grows barley have bomb shit...

I can get any name brand cookie strain grown in climate controlled light dep by a legal licensed facility for 2k all day out the backdoor... these 1/8ths are the name brand cookies and sell for $75+ ... we grow strains that blow these out the water... stop growing from hype clones and find some real keepers doing seeds grows bro...

Also.. Yuba dont u have issues with Aphids atm? U gotta know if your crop isnt perfect its not gonna fly off the shelf... no bugs... no fungus... and no pgrs/ miticides/pesticides etc..

Its not easy to grow the bomb bomb.... legal grow ops still having issues figuring it out bro bro

I kind of feel like you are directing all these "bros" at me. Sounds somewhat hostile. Did i bother or offend you? Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. As far as i can tell there isn't even anything i said you disagree with.

You said drought time is coming. Drought time is created when last years outdoor (mostly crap) runs out. Has very little to do with the kind of weed we grow. Although when crap runs out, all that is available is the nice and our tickets do go up. If your not sitting on outdoor weed from 2020 waiting for the best time to sell, my last post is not for u.

No. I don't have an aphid "problem". I'm not battling some infestation. I have some quarantined moms that i really want to use when I'm 100% sure they are clean. I have never and never will sell aphid flower. If i ever see bugs, i shut it down that second. I wouldn't risk spreading to my other gardens.

And i don't grow hype strains

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depending on whom you ask prices can go up to $3.4. My best packs fetch 2.8. The quality I produce could fetch 3.4. I don't like vending to strangers it's too risky at my age. My safety is more important than a few extra bucks.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Yuba... no hostility at all bro... were just in parallel markets... OC/Inland Empire... i see the market doing really well out here... it does come down to who u associate with... all my main buyers are in their mid 20's... stay close to the young dudes... they fetch the highest tickets and move the most weight

CrushnYuba

Yuba... no hostility at all bro... were just in parallel markets... OC/Inland Empire... i see the market doing really well out here... it does come down to who u associate with... all my main buyers are in their mid 20's... stay close to the young dudes... they fetch the highest tickets and move the most weight

I don't really think the market is doing bad here at all. . It's the best it's been in years.I don't know anyone getting 5k a unit Like those guys said. I see exactly what hammerhead is quoting. 3 for perfect stuff. I hear people say 34 but it's not better then the 3. ... But 5 is so far from 3. I want to know how many units they move at 5. Most the guys on this site have small hobby grows.

Last year we actually ran out of outdoor by spring and had the first real dry season in a while. It's been pretty good since. I didn't really see tickets drop much during harvest season this year.

I don't think it will dry up this year though. I think outdoor price will go down. That's just my guess.

packerfan79

Veteran
Things are holding steady at 2200, for the last couple months. I only deal with a couple suppliers.

Anyone going to the seshes in the IE? With covid, I have been avoiding the crowds.

Latest posts

Latest posts