What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm just curios what people are buying for 3-5k$.. Would that be something like White Truffle?.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Exotics lol rock hard no pgr.. iced out... colorful... and nose/flavor for dayssssss.... when u open the bag the smell blows u away and TASTE exactly how it smells..

So basically anything thats a clone available to the masses isnt exotic... gotta pop those seeds and make ur own crosses... but its gotta have that cookie structure without cheating...

Btw nobody is buying these Exotics in bulk for those tickets.. more like 1-2 units at most.. and they are 100% out of town folks... nobody on the West Coast pays those over the top prices

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The thought of moving something that nice in anything but a sealed jar hurts my head. Packs destroy tric heads.

mcattak

As I`m almost through cleaning up my property at the beach from the 3rd Hurricane this yr , I feel very fortunate to have only suffered a lil wind damage and storm surge from being further west from landfall , but ......

BYF, the inability to purchase some fool`s overpriced dope is definitely not one of my problems with zero fucks given and no jealousy involved I assure you.....and I got plenty dope mccattack in this shitty lil beach house last appraised and insured for 2.6 mil that I built myself in `88 , so don`t worry about my old ass .....

I`m retired and proud of not lookin over my shoulders with all but no sleep for decades from croppin my ass off , and don`t miss a minute of it.....now xxxx BYF and back to the normally scheduled program....and for the record , my outdoor late plantings in `85 lbs. went for 4800 bucks , so without even seeing your shit I`ve had better.....

Apologies for the off topic post but I was called out so there you go.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:

Show me pics of those $4800 outdoor.

Oh but $5000 indoor is ridiculous.

Brother Nature

Show me pics of those $4800 outdoor.

Oh but $5000 indoor is ridiculous.

This isn't a dick measuring contest, it's about Cali wholesale prices. Some still live in illegal states and can command those prices and some live in Cali and sell to boutique outfits who are happy paying $5k plus for an elbow. It simply is what it is, DHF has clearly been around a while and comes across as pretty legit, can't imagine he doesn't know what he's talking about...

And if you're getting 5k+ a ticket, more power too you bro. I don't know anyone who would spend that much, even if the weed was grown on the moon from some alien genetics, but if you're getting it you're getting it, enjoy that shit bro.

Weed can be like pussy aye, those who get it don't need to talk, those who don't always talk. Let's not derail the thread with petty bullshit, it's one of the better ones here.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm in Canada where you see it growing in people's garden from the road. I still see 2.5-4k for exceptional bud. That's beyond AAAA.

Of course it's a tiny market, but it's there just the same. So I can see 5k us. But very very limited. You're not going to sell more than 1 or 2 lbs.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Inflation is raging. Some people are making a ton of money. Time is valuable. On old pothead just said: "Pot is good for you. Better pot is better for you".

In other words, some folks are willing and able to pay for quality. I think 12 a pack was a ridiculously low number, and while I enjoyed the crap outta it, I didn't complain a bit when the number went to 18.

Yields are down this year for the smoke. Appreciate your farmer.

I just got some Lemon Zest off the hill. Yet, at 100/zip, it is cheaper at this dispensary in MO. Again, quality quality quality. Notice they have no percent numbers published. Killer Grape is a good strain, same price.

https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/rich-hippie-wellness

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
new jersey just went legal.... so there will be more supply for the local markets... the actual law has to be written... lets see if they allow home growing...

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Ive seen of some of my buddies taking units and having then packaged up into 1/8ths in the professional packaging and sealed with Nitrogen just like the rec shops... it cost them I think around $6-800.. so they mail those out of state and they get like 6k.. but its a much bigger box than a normal unit and again your not moving these in extreme bulk .. i have seen people take 5-10 at most at a time... people out of state love that Cali Packaging.. its all just marketing

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive seen of some of my buddies taking units and having then packaged up into 1/8ths in the professional packaging and sealed with Nitrogen just like the rec shops... it cost them I think around $6-800.. so they mail those out of state and they get like 6k.. but its a much bigger box than a normal unit and again your not moving these in extreme bulk .. i have seen people take 5-10 at most at a time... people out of state love that Cali Packaging.. its all just marketing

I know this is a Cali thread ,storm shadow is my friend and I live on the East Coast , this is exactly what is happening it makes it incredibly simple for the middlemen to make a shit ton of money ....I don’t like it one little bit obviously:bump: Lol

BYF

5k is straight up the board in bulk for certain varieties ... once it gets broken down in 1-5 packs the price goes up.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im not seeing prices that high. Vending Outdoor for 4k+?. I know many of the top outdoor growers here in Cali there not getting 3k$. I guess if your in a illegal state vending local its possible?. This is a CALI thread. If someone is getting paid that your hype game is superhero lol. A description is great I need more info. I was looking for someone to name 1 they would label exotic or do exotics not have names?.

As BYF stated earlier, it is "invite only" smoke. You will be lucky to get your hands on it , it's something new and fun to try for people with disposable income. Top shelf flower is fetching $85+ an eighth at the shops so you can see there is money to made in breaking down privilege packs.

Wholesale mixed-light greenhouse has taken a slight hit for me, down to 17-19 from 2. Hoping to see it creep back up in January.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Again name 1 of the mystical 5k indoor strains..invite only just tells me newbie fools who know zero about weed... there isnt one strain in the game between all the people on this board havent seen or come across.. im talking all the hype to landraces str8 from Iran... i live in Irvine mutli million dollar track home neighborhood... $85 1/8ths is the norm at the over prices rec shops.. 98% of the weed is just 2k units... 5k would have to be the real deal roadkill skunk or something game changing... if its cookie,gelato,runtz,gushers,cakes, or anything related to these genetics... no way on gods green earth on the west coast fools are paying 5k a unit in bulk..

wwoww

Again name 1 of the mystical 5k indoor strains..invite only just tells me newbie fools who know zero about weed... there isnt one strain in the game between all the people on this board havent seen or come across.. im talking all the hype to landraces str8 from Iran... i live in Irvine mutli million dollar track home neighborhood... $85 1/8ths is the norm at the over prices rec shops.. 98% of the weed is just 2k units... 5k would have to be the real deal roadkill skunk or something game changing... if its cookie,gelato,runtz,gushers,cakes, or anything related to these genetics... no way on gods green earth on the west coast fools are paying 5k a unit in bulk..

Even in like 2006 8ths were 50 at dispensaries for top indo. Now theyre that much when there's way more in abundance? Even delivery services would do 50

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even if there's some killer quality(the best around) I still don't know anyone that would pay 5k$. 3k would be a stretch and that would require something truly special that is not available any other place.. Typical pricing for top shelf is 2-2.5k$ as far as I know. I would love to sample these exotics just to see what there quality is like..

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Top shelf flower is fetching $85+ an eighth at the shops so you can see there is money to made in breaking down privilege packs.

i'm one of the idiots who paid 80bucks for an 1/8 (plus tax..fuk)... n no way that was near to top shelf...

the previous time i was out in san diego, i drove up the main road in pac. beach, and the '3' rec shops were all OOB (out of business)... i did found a shop that only sold oils, and the girl gave me a card for a delivery service called 'eaze'- i went on line and within 45mins they delivered to my hotel ... what a great country we live in... the weed was 'ok' not great, but the prices were more reasonable then 80bucks for an 1/8...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With Rec/dispo weed its not easy finding consistent quality. The longer it sits around the more it degrades. The fresher it is the better IMO. Any shop that doesn't have a high product turn over will most likely have degraded weed on the shelf. Its why a batch can test 30% at harvest and 20% by the time it sold.