What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

sourD

Around here the Hmongs set the prices out of Trinity Pines and that price dominates the local wholesale market. It looks like they are starting the flood at 8-10 which, in my opinion is a solid start to the 2020 season. The price usually only moves one direction after November… Up.

Last year, there was not enough cheap outdoor and prices went to 12 in the pines in June.

If the white market prices stay around 1000 and license growers don’t back door everything like in the past, supply will be less than previous years. But on the other hand,you hear people laughing at metrc all over town so “legal” grows may still Flood the market harder than anyone ever imagined

thedudefresco

I think to some extent the connoisseur market implodes on itself. Connoisseurs tend to eventually become growers or have good friends that grow. All the pickiest smokers I know rarely buy weed.

Obviously there are some very discerning smokers that do not grow and need to buy their own. But most people who buy a bag of Friday and just want to get high all week til they buy another seems to be most concerned with getting the most bang for the buck.

I think this is why potent strains that leave me lethargic are most popular and soaring clear highs have less market value with most people. I know I am usually going to burn another. And anyone that only buys a bag on payday does not care if the weed has a ceiling less high. The only time they look for a ceiling is when their grower buddy comes over and burns 3 fat joints.

You know what man I agree. Hadn't thought of it in this context, but makes pretty good sense.

I still think there is a sub-connoisseur type market available though. A niche to be served that still isn't. I'm talking the nerdy people who are trying weed for the first time but are more heady about it. The types of people who would buy mead, cause they remember reading about vikings in mead halls in a fantasy novel.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am one of those people bigtacofarmer described, with my own reasons which include time, brown thumb, legality, location, but mostly just because I can get what I want. I have no issue compensating someone for their work/risk, I can afford it and they are building up their operation. Previously, not having a connection made me hang with that friday night bunch, getting random bagweed BS.

Life is a lot better now. And when we talk a number, it should be assumed to be quality clean organic well-trimmed and dried product.

CrushnYuba

Right now I'm seeing 9-13 for outdoors and depps. Being that now is when plants finish naturally, depps are the same as outdoor. Its just now time to start chopping down. Won't be dried and trimmed for a while. Prices will drop as inventory piles up to new years.

wwoww

Do you guys ever go through Mexicans or Hmongs? I've been out of this for a while, the prices listed here are really high. Does prop 215 even exist anymore or is it just legal stuff? Can you still vend to any dispensaries or patients? This legal weed stuff seems like shit to be honest. They just want to control the market for themselves and tax everything so high and prevent all forms of a free market from existing. I remember in 15 I got robbed by chps coming south into cloverdale for 20lbs they just jacked me on the way to sf. Seems like they're out to raid and rob everyone now.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
215 still exists it gives you up to 24 plants? instead of the 6 for legal. No vending legally without licenses. Black market is still king in cali

wwoww

215 still exists it gives you up to 24 plants? instead of the 6 for legal. No vending legally without licenses. Black market is still king in cali
Is this just to licensed storefront dispensaries? What about p2p like vending to a delivery service. Yea I will always stick to the black market to. Legal weed seems like garbage for a garbage price. I'll sell 8ths for 10 dollars and still make money. A dispensary can never compete with the black market. I can't believe people pay over 300 for these legal weed ounces.

hillside

In so oregon seeing
11-14 deps
8-12 outs
18-21 generic indoor strains
22-27 " exotics " lol

Obviously seeing higher numbers with brokers involved ......... saw passable deps go for up to 1650

Mexican deps for 12ish good nose average structure

Alot of thc grown under guise of hemp I'm sure will bring the low end outdoor market down closer 600

Alot of people from cali up here so is probably relevant to this thread

wwoww

Yea they had Robert park badges and there were 2 of them. The first cop asked if I knew what the speed limit was and said he smelled marijuana and opened the door by sticking his hand through the window letting himself in. The other cop came to the driver's side and said get out or we are throwing you out. There is no way they smelled weed either. They didnt even run my license or anything just took my funk fighter bag with the weed in it and a money counter I had and a phone. One of them said sir what is this? I said I don't know. Then he said that's a nice money counter and I had my phone in the cup holder and he asked who's it was to and I said I don't know and he stole it to. They were gone in just a few minutes and as I drove down to go back they had another guy pulled over to do the same thing to him. I had trouble in eureka and hayfork before to.

wwoww

I read that first link you put in to. That's south cloverdale Blvd. We call it the golden green bridge. That's the same spot where I got robbed by them.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this just to licensed storefront dispensaries? What about p2p like vending to a delivery service. Yea I will always stick to the black market to. Legal weed seems like garbage for a garbage price. I'll sell 8ths for 10 dollars and still make money. A dispensary can never compete with the black market. I can't believe people pay over 300 for these legal weed ounces.

P2P is not legal. Delivery has to have a license. Any weed bought not in a dispensary or Licensed delivery service is black market. High times has a delivery service now.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I can't believe people pay over 300 for these legal weed ounces.

300bucks... shit when i was in san diego last year, went to a disp and bought a variety of weed.... moon rock/etc... one of the eighth's cost me 80bucks ...plus fukin tax... being a 1st timer, i think they gave me a discount of 20%... i told the girl bud-tender , that the shit better put me on my ass, as 600bucks plus for an oz is lunacy .... but wanted to see if these callie growers have better shit then we see on the east coast... the result... maybe the shit was better then the shit we smoke back home, but if so it was a red hair better... at 2 1/2 times the price...ITS A RIP-OFF

Latest posts

Latest posts