What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

furrywall11

900 for hand trimmed decent smell oxidizing last years herbs.....15-19 for hq deps. and, I'm sure there are people passing off super hq deps as indoor and getting 2500.

22-23 for slabs and cornbread. tragedy.

This year things are going to be interesting.....there's statistics showing folks are smoking more than ever and that a lot of farms didn't get to go full bore because of the cooph. predicting %20 price drop during full flood November 1st - April 1st.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
900 for hand trimmed decent smell oxidizing last years herbs.....15-19 for hq deps. and, I'm sure there are people passing off super hq deps as indoor and getting 2500.

22-23 for slabs and cornbread. tragedy.

This year things are going to be interesting.....there's statistics showing folks are smoking more than ever and that a lot of farms didn't get to go full bore because of the cooph. predicting %20 price drop during full flood November 1st - April 1st.

Prices are finally almost fair again. If we stick to our guns we dont have to feel that 20% drop especially on ins. If someone lowballs you, tell em to kick rocks. Ppl need fire.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Sorry if this is dumb question but what are RS11 and Zoap? I’ve never heard of them . I need to get one of these primo cuts rocking in my indoor . Been looking for Mac 1 everyone talking bout in NorCal but haven’t sourced anything as of yet.

Ima vaping some MAC from Mendo now, so it's up there. My price went straight from 12 to 18 this season. I really don't care either, as long as the top shelf stuff is coming. Skittlez and some lemon on deck for croptober.

What is a Hmong, where they origonally from? I keep hearing about them, but they are keeping a low profile except for the huge busts you keep hearing about..

roybart

quote=flylowgethigh;8979577]

What is a Hmong, where they originally from? I keep hearing about them, but they are keeping a low profile except for the huge busts you keep hearing about..[/quote]
Hmong people are from the Golden Triangle area. Mostly village people from the mountains. In the US I am sure you have Hmong folks form Vietnam Laos and Cambodia.
Hard working people who know how to work tough land and environments.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Hmong growers always getting busted for stealing electricity... greedy as fuck ... they live like Roaches in order to fill up houses with more plants... disgusting

EsterEssence

Veteran
The Hmong’s have driven the price down, they buy raw land, put in a water tank and buy water, build a hooch and poop in the bushes. They brought the cops cause they have 14000 plant grows, do a bunch of them and hope some get away with a couple. They have come to our little valley and made a clusterfuck out of it...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I remember reading about a huge indoor grow (in London I think) where they had locks on the outside essentially keeping slave labor tending the garden inside.

furrywall11

i think that is part of the asian cannabis growing mentality....do as many as possible and hope you get away with one...that's why their quality is low to the point where it has it's own sub category "asian indoor" and it's usually a few points cheaper. It also brings to light that there is another way to grow...carefully, with hard earned skill, attentiveness and, dare I say love for the flowers and the craft...I bring up the point not to demean the asian people...lord knows they could have skill for days and grow hella fire if that's the route they wanted to go.

I love growing cannabis :) And it pays the bills, too.

asilsweater

Asians grow some dank in so cal!!! Theyre very hard working and are some of the most generous folks out there. Ive seen theyre og vs other socalled pro growers and the asians blow them out. Respect to all!!!

roybart

Also in regards to Hmong et el, in their homeland(s) growing so much pot and getting caught (and not having the right political/Bribe money). The penalties are harsh 10 years to the death sentence.
Getting busted in Cali is just a vacation..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oregon is on fire as well. West coast outdoor is toast. I just hope the death toll is minimal. I don't support thieves no matter your race.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
A fire has to be burning close to you, with heavy smoke, in final days of bud to affect the quality. Id be more worried about some of Cali indoor, with the power company doing rotating black outs. They said some power cuts could last a couple days.

That power cut last year shut off areas in the foot hills for a week or two. I wonder what inside growers did for light and cooling for 2 weeks straight.... Stores brought in giant truck box generators

A fire has to be burning close to you, with heavy smoke, in final days of bud to affect the quality. Id be more worried about some of Cali indoor, with the power company doing rotating black outs. They said some power cuts could last a couple days.

That power cut last year shut off areas in the foot hills for a week or two. I wonder what inside growers did for light and cooling for 2 weeks straight.... Stores brought in giant truck box generators

Yea I was thinking/feeling the same.

That one's plants would have to be in relatively close proximity to the fire and close to harvest for the quality to be impacted from the smoke.

Ash falling on the plants/soil will provide some potassium and minerals to the plants/soil, and the red-filtered sunlight through smoke tends to promote budding...

So I imagine there are some subtle benefits to the ash & red sunlight to an extent....With that said tho, I can imagine heavy dustings of ash on plants can be detrimental and when the sun is extremely dimmed the plant & buds aren't getting hit with the full spectrum/UV light which will hinder the overall development & quality/aroma/flavor/potency.

I actually never gave much thought about indoor growers with the situation of rolling black outs and power being turned off for extended periods of time because of wind....That'd be quite a bummer & tough situation if one was not prepared with a generator etc.

But yea....pretty gnarly out there right now.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its not like we haven't been through this before. We've seen some of the deadliest fires in the last 3 years.. It def had a major impact on all outdoor..It's why prices started going up. Smoke can stress or even kill outdoor or greenhouse operations and the residue left behind can pose problems for lab testing and consumer health. I guess if your black market you could getaway with vending contaminated flower.

Smoke taint is the most obvious and the most apparent threat to cannabis as it’s exposed to these forest fires, and that’s something you’re going to be able to readily tell from just qualitatively examining the cannabis,” said Josh Wurzer, president of SC Labs, which has operations in both California and Oregon. “So, that’s certainly a concern—just ruining the flavor of the cannabis.”. If any structures burn theirs tons of carcinogens in the smoke. Pressure-treated wood, for example, contains chemicals like chromium and arsenic, which can settle on cannabis crops in the soot and ash from fires. Theirs a whole slew of issues.

Sweet Creek Farms lost about four-fifths of its marijuana crop to the fire on Wednesday 09/08/2020.

Anyway I got off topic Sorry ...

furrywall11

The main threat to normal outdoor grows is going to be mandatory evacuation at grow sites that don't have auto-irrigation. I don't have a lot of knowledge re the wildfires in norcal so I don't know if that's even going to be a big enough deal to affect things....

mowood3479

Veteran
Ima vaping some MAC from Mendo now, so it's up there. My price went straight from 12 to 18 this season. I really don't care either, as long as the top shelf stuff is coming. Skittlez and some lemon on deck for croptober.

What is a Hmong, where they origonally from? I keep hearing about them, but they are keeping a low profile except for the huge busts you keep hearing about..

Vietnam, Laos, that area...
It’s an ethnic group that allied with the us military during the Vietnam war.. when we pulled out Vietnam we gave a lot of Hmongs asylum In the USA as the communist rulers don’t treat political prisoners very well.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Wild fires and busts, after the shootout, we have a lot of busts going on so if you have some smoke, ash free and get away with it the price should be good for the growers...

TahoeTops

This will always be an issue for us indoor growers out here in CA. Generator or battery back up can save your crop, but is it worth the cost?