What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

N

Nondual

I'm telling you even when I was getting 5k a pound 3 years ago, there is no way in hell anyone would ever get paid 500 to trim a pound. $250 was top dollar. I know dozens of growers and never once heard of anyone paying more than 250. I have been in this game in the Cali scene for 10+ years now.. i know how it used to be and how it is now.
He's not in Cali and the 480 seems to be 240 to him for brokering/transport/contract manufacturing and 240 to his trimmers. 200 a lb plus food is a solid gig. Easy to do a lb+ a day. Honestly a bit lame peeps can't trim their own stuff. Took me and my girl about a day and a half to take down a 4,800 watt room fresh then about 2 days for the final dry trim. Just part of the job.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
I'm telling you even when I was getting 5k a pound 3 years ago, there is no way in hell anyone would ever get paid 500 to trim a pound. $250 was top dollar. I know dozens of growers and never once heard of anyone paying more than 250. I have been in this game in the Cali scene for 10+ years now.. i know how it used to be and how it is now.

You Cali.
Ultra East Coast.

U

Ultra Current

Lets look at one other factor of this trimming issue. If you look in terms of percentages paid and not a dollar value, it is all the same. You guy seem to be paying 150 - 200 per pound and then your pounds cost 1600. So you are paying 5-10% just like us but most of our prices are higher. I just want to know one thing. Who in there right mind will risk their life to get paid 20-30 per hour trimming weed. Seems like a lot for you to ask of these trimmers for all that risk on them. Most real good heads wouldnt except that and you usually get what you pay for but not always true. If people here claim that they used to make 5k a p and payed their trimmers the same as now (200 a p or so) when prices dropped, it shows that you didnt care about your workers when prices were higher. Its just not good business practices.

This problem that you guys are having in prices is really bad for the future but there are good sides to it too. Because the prices are so low, the commercial business men who arent part of the IC community in big numbers, will not care as much about his end product. Yeah those prices will be low but us smart growers will still exist and get more money for our quality. Right now is the beginning of the crazyness and theres more fear in play now but that will change in time for the smart ones that put a stack away to sit on while the smoke clears.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
I want more on topic. This thread is about CA I thought. You fist pumpers on the east should make your own imo lol.:tiphat: jkjk

ion

prices...

"political" climate...

some thoughts on the issue;

i believe the trends to watch are the race for BOTUS(bufoon of the united states) and those pesky mexicans down yonder. i say pesky because they just cant seem to live with the little patch of dirt we allow them to have and continue spoiling our great country with their crime and low-wage work. sorry....thats sarcasm. ive lost jobs to illegal immigrants and am actually pleased by it.......i digress.

the current political sitch could be because of a possible legalization in the next regime/administration; hammer the stoners down a bit before the jubilee....

OR possible the other way. cant say whats gonna happen in the stage theater known as americant politics, if the O stays in he might just say to hell with the medical and uphold the fed law....OR go full legal.......but if you get the newt or the mitt in i expect full fed law/illegal. ron paul is legalization, if he dont get shot or 'sexified' or 'persuaded' to drop out................

now, mix this with whats going down in mexico. narcos control the country, with a little help from their friends (us.gov)....if youve always thought the whole illegals/borderXing/immigration thing was a bit wierd?, you may see why in the next coupla years. they throw a lot of cabbage at the "problem" but doesnt really get fixed? theater baby, theater. there's no profit in keeping them out....lots of profit -trying- tp keep them out...anyways..

mexico is lots and lots of trackless/laundered dinero that end up in us.gov hands....billions.....billions of cabbage leaves free and clear equals to billions+ of cabbage leaves.

very fascinationg to read about fast and furious, contrasted with a cartel assasin's interview in harpers mag in the last coupla months(do a google on that)..gives a little view into the rabbithole

im rabbling.........my point is the underground/deep/weird relationship between our esteemed leaders and the real mexican authorities is starting to come to surface........theres much more to it than what the last 30 years have shown us and i think it'll get more jacked as time goes by. cartels have serious influence, global power, guns, tanks, drones, submarines.....they also have lotsa peeps sleeping/hangin/working in us.gov all the way up to judicial/legislative.........

the pendulum looks like its swinging back to reefer madness a bit. i believe in the medical side, but in the political theater its never been about that, as much as we'd like to think diff.......we all know the immense amount of $tax$ that .gov(fed+states) would make from legal, yet it doesnt happen? maybe .gov dont need the $..........HAR!

the best plan is to be flexible and supple, like water. mix in the economic calamity that every fokker reading this will be affected by in the near/imm future.....which could entail hyperinflation/deflation/dollar collapse/euro collapse.....mushrooms blooming over iran....ganja would do well in a barter world, plan accordingly.

and invest in LED and alt power, the grid is only your friend for now....wont be later.

N

Nondual

I want more on topic. This thread is about CA I thought. You fist pumpers should make your own imo lol.:tiphat: jkjk
Well...last week scored 2 separate pounds at $1,450 each and both overweighed almost an ounce. Both are absolutely resin coated. One is a Bubba cross with a bit fluffy structure and more sweet/hashy and the other is a 'no name' with a solid structure and a tangy citrus skunk funk. I got a killer deal. Will try and take a few pics tonight if I remember.

The only thing I'm smoking this year is Red Dragon (Brazilian x Afghani) from a friend's grow and that's $2,500 to me and won't think twice cause it's some serious sativa fire! He's only gonna let a few packs go. The Red Dragon is also what I'm giving away as a gift to my more selective friends and what I break out when smoking with peeps :)

MtnLivin

Lets look at one other factor of this trimming issue. If you look in terms of percentages paid and not a dollar value, it is all the same. You guy seem to be paying 150 - 200 per pound and then your pounds cost 1600. So you are paying 5-10% just like us but most of our prices are higher. I just want to know one thing. Who in there right mind will risk their life to get paid 20-30 per hour trimming weed. Seems like a lot for you to ask of these trimmers for all that risk on them. Most real good heads wouldnt except that and you usually get what you pay for but not always true. If people here claim that they used to make 5k a p and payed their trimmers the same as now (200 a p or so) when prices dropped, it shows that you didnt care about your workers when prices were higher. Its just not good business practices.

This problem that you guys are having in prices is really bad for the future but there are good sides to it too. Because the prices are so low, the commercial business men who arent part of the IC community in big numbers, will not care as much about his end product. Yeah those prices will be low but us smart growers will still exist and get more money for our quality. Right now is the beginning of the crazyness and theres more fear in play now but that will change in time for the smart ones that put a stack away to sit on while the smoke clears.

I really do not care what people pay people to trim... You say you are putting your life on the line while trimming.. I have been to over 50 different trim spots over the years and NONE of them have been life threatening.. I don't get it.. But whatever.

U

Ultra Current

I really do not care what people pay people to trim... You say you are putting your life on the line while trimming.. I have been to over 50 different trim spots over the years and NONE of them have been life threatening.. I don't get it.. But whatever.

What do you think happens when your trimming in a 50 light location and the cops or feds come? It wont be worth your $20 an hour, trust me. It is a big risk and the risk to reward of 1-200 a day isnt worth it. Shit, janitors make 100 a day.

MtnLivin

What do you think happens when your trimming in a 50 light location and the cops or feds come? It wont be worth your $20 an hour, trust me. It is a big risk and the risk to reward of 1-200 a day isnt worth it. Shit, janitors make 100 a day.

They tell me to go home. it's not my crop, not my spot, not my herb, i am there trimming and they know that. They are there for the owner. This has happened a couple times.

U

Ultra Current

They tell me to go home. it's not my crop, not my spot, not my herb, i am there trimming and they know that. They are there for the owner. This has happened a couple times.
Sure they tell you to go home. So if i set up my locations in fake names and the cops come, ill just say trimming. Thanks for the secret ive been waiting for my whole life.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Well...last week scored 2 separate pounds at $1,450 each and both overweighed almost an ounce. Both are absolutely resin coated. One is a Bubba cross with a bit fluffy structure and more sweet/hashy and the other is a 'no name' with a solid structure and a tangy citrus skunk funk. I got a killer deal. Will try and take a few pics tonight if I remember.

The only thing I'm smoking this year is Red Dragon (Brazilian x Afghani) from a friend's grow and that's $2,500 to me and won't think twice cause it's some serious sativa fire! He's only gonna let a few packs go. The Red Dragon is also what I'm giving away as a gift to my more selective friends and what I break out when smoking with peeps :)

Hey Non, you think the 1450 packs were a bad biz for the other fella? Right now, im being told 2200 for basically the same description you wrote out ,but mine is Durban Poison. And I feel this is still to low. This is also a qupote im getting from broker guy. I know nobody who does this stuff, only this thread is what ive got to fall back on for reference.

I feel like sitting on it, till I get better number. But I dont know /shrug.

MtnLivin

Hey Non, you think the 1450 packs were a bad biz for the other fella? Right now, im being told 2200 for basically the same description you wrote out ,but mine is Durban Poison. And I feel this is still to low. This is also a qupote im getting from broker guy. I know nobody who does this stuff, only this thread is what ive got to fall back on for reference.

I feel like sitting on it, till I get better number. But I dont know /shrug.

2000-2500 all day long is about right for good California outdoor.

$1450 is a desperate I need to unload all of this now price.

you guys really want to see some hilarious Cali price points, then take a look at *********. its all over the place with rippers and all kinds of crazy stuff. there seems to be a few normal growers on there but not too many. People are selling outdoor for 800 lb. Indoor from 1700 to 3100.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
2000-2500 all day long is about right for good California outdoor.

$1450 is a desperate I need to unload all of this now price.

That 1450 wouldnt even cover electricity for 3 months. Thats outdoor im assuming?

Mtn - never 2500 to broker for indoor? More?

My bro does not budge unless its 2700 plus

MtnLivin

That 1450 wouldnt even cover electricity for 3 months. Thats outdoor im assuming?

Mtn - never 2500 to broker for indoor? More?

My bro does not budge unless its 2700 plus

Outdoor all the way... There are A LOT of people in California trying to grow indoor but failing miserably and selling p's of mids to trash for those prices.. Bomb indoor for 3400 plus all day long from where I am sitting.

Never dealt with a "broker", never even heard of one until recently.. P's are sold to homies for $3400 plus from everyone I know and it gets distributed in Cali.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Outdoor all the way... There are A LOT of people in California trying to grow indoor but failing miserably and selling p's of mids to trash for those prices.. Bomb indoor for 3400 plus all day long from where I am sitting.

Never dealt with a "broker", never even heard of one until recently.. P's are sold to homies for $3400 plus from everyone I know and it gets distributed in Cali.

I can see that price with no probs.

But the middleman is whats hurting me ( in the creative writing story im writing) lol

U

Ultra Current

Drug busts arent always planned. If you are in a location that gets busted with no names attached, you all go to jail unless you all rat. Sometimes when you get pulled over for speeding they let you go and some times they give you a ticket. You act like everyone who trims in cali in a bust its all gravy. You are going to find out the hard way one day. getting caught in a drug house, you are in posession. I suggest you talk to a lawyer in cali to set your views straight.