What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

somoz

Veteran
Apologies for the double post but one quick take on Girl Scout Cookies. There are ads for them at dispensaries on the back of the Guardian (which is the local paper in SF). The crew that turned on the hype machine for this cut should start their own Ganja Advertising Agency because they got the gears grinding amazingly with this one. Goes to show you what some social media and posting on forums such as these can do for a cut.....

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Post removed

Flaming is against the rules. Flaming despite multiple warnings from multiple mods and a temp thread closure to prevent said behavior earns you infraction points

FB

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I don't want to immerse myself too heavily into this dialogue but you know of this thing called alcohol? The majority of the population is allowed to brew their own beer, but do you see everybody and their mother doing it? Just because it is legal doesn't necessarily imply that people will do it themselves.

I just happen to have a 13 gallon brewery in the garage. I started brewing beer about 20 years ago. I brew like I grow. All top pure natural ingredients. Top quality product.

I have some barley growing around my LA Conf plants outdoors

Im going to start some coffee beans and run them indoors with the indo crop

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Post removed

Flaming is against the rules. Flaming despite multiple warnings from multiple mods and a temp thread closure to prevent said behavior earns you infraction points

FB

Last edited by a moderator:

woolybear

Veteran
I enjoyed this thread! Time to fishing. Glad I don't sell for a living, although the option would be convenient! =D

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Many of the popular strains being grown in cali are sativas or at least sativa dom hybrids. Almost everything out here gets crossed with a sativa to increase vigor and yield. Strains like blue dream, ssh, sssdh, grape ape, sour diesel, headband, train wreck etc. are everywhere.

As far as the pure sativas go, your never gonna get them to catch on for comercial growers. unless you can get lil wayne to talk about a 120 day thai in one of his songs. there will never be enough demand to drive the price up to were it needs to be to make it worth while.

think about it. if you compare a 100 day strain that will give you a pound per light with a 50 day strain that will give you a pound per light. you wind up with twice as much of the 50 day indica. if the indica sells for 3000 per pound the 100 day sativa would have to fetch 6000 per pound to make it equal out. Another thing to factor in is that long flowering sativas are much more difficult to grow and if something gets messed up there is quite a bit more time lost.

Really? I haven't smoked one good sativa since I moved here over 3 years ago. Kush this, Kush that, Purp this, Purp that, get stuck to a couch shit. I don't know how many times I've laughed in peoples faces when they tell me sativas are weak and they don't get them high. Not once have I smoked something that blasted me like church on the east coast...I love Cali, I would never leave here, but the genetics game here is FUCKED! S1s all over the place, every tard that gets a bagseed grows it out and thinks they have the next best pot, it's getting ridiculous out here...

Securityfirst

And who amongst us denies liking the living we make? Our pricing operates on simple supply and demand. Considering 20% annual drops for the last 3 years, gluts, shortages and constant changes in law, only a business intent on failure would not accept the price that the market will bare.

There are plenty of unscrupulous growers who exploit people and the plant, but they generally grow shit weed. (Can I hear an AMEN?) There are also middlemen and dealers raping you every week calling that shit weed Kush and selling it to you for 60/8th. That's not even close characterizing to the contingent of commercial growers on IC.

AMEN

nomaad

Veteran
I just heard of a guy who lives right by me who runs a bunch of pure sativas. Waiting on an introduction... i think he is on IC. This is a big place, California. You've got something of everything. I won't poke most of the herb (or clones) around here with sticks. But at the same time, I have never seen better herb anywhere. From NYC to Amsterdam to central America and back... norcal has such a thriving industry that you are going to find the best and the worst of everything blocks apart from one another.

I have been able to get just about any cut I've been after, vetted and procured by folks of unimpeachable trustworthiness.

nomaad

Veteran
Apologies for the double post but one quick take on Girl Scout Cookies. There are ads for them at dispensaries on the back of the Guardian (which is the local paper in SF). The crew that turned on the hype machine for this cut should start their own Ganja Advertising Agency because they got the gears grinding amazingly with this one. Goes to show you what some social media and posting on forums such as these can do for a cut.....

this is the most interesting part. can u think of a clone other than chem/sour/OG (which were not marketed, but rather occurred a little more organically-- pre-facebook) that has been hyped like GSC? the names "trainwreck" was pretty huge for a minute. just the word kush has been beaten to death... i've seen some people trying to brand a clone on this or that documentary, but the GSC, as you explain above has been pretty successful at building the hype.

Mukind

Every time i ask my boys where the nug is from these days all they say is "cali work". I live in Chicago and anyone with a decent bulk connect HAS TO HAVE IT SHIPPED. Excluding the occasional successful large indoor op here and there pretty much everything comes from Cali. No one around here can compete with the prices. Thanks all you outdoor growers for making bud profitable agian

supermanlives

Veteran
well i know the dispensaries are really trying to fuck us even though their prices stay high. got contacted by 2 this month through friends. all i can say is i laughed at em and hung up

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Really? I haven't smoked one good sativa since I moved here over 3 years ago. Kush this, Kush that, Purp this, Purp that, get stuck to a couch shit. I don't know how many times I've laughed in peoples faces when they tell me sativas are weak and they don't get them high. Not once have I smoked something that blasted me like church on the east coast...I love Cali, I would never leave here, but the genetics game here is FUCKED! S1s all over the place, every tard that gets a bagseed grows it out and thinks they have the next best pot, it's getting ridiculous out here...

Im in Northern Cali. Im running Hazes, Sativas, Kush, and all kinds of Hybrids Ive made. My friends are running many crosses of Haze/Sativa and Haze/Kush I made this last winter. Heres some strains I made this last winter.
Real McCoy/VietnamBlackThai
Real McCoy/Oaxacan
Real McCoy/SalmonCreek/Orange Crush/Mexican
Real McCoy/Mango Haze
Dr. Grinspoon/VietnamBlackThai
GreenHazeThai/VietnamBlackThai
SweetTooth/Oaxacan
SweetTooth/VietnamBlackThai
GreenHazeThai/Oaxacan
GreenHazeThai/Mango Haze
GreenHazeThai/Nevilles Haze
Royal Haze/VietnamBlackThai
Royal Haze/Mango Haze
Royal Haze/Oaxacan
Royal Haze/Nevilles Haze
Nevilles Haze/VietnamBlackThai
SuperSilverHaze/Oaxacan
SuperSilverHaze/VietnamBlackThai
SuperSilverHaze/Nevilles Haze
SuperSilverHaze/Mango Haze
Tikal/Oaxacan
Tikal/VietnamBlackThai
Tikal/Nevilles Haze
Tikal/Mango Haze
Maui Wowi/Oaxacan
Maui Wowi/VietnamBlackThai
Maui Wowi/Nevilles Haze
Maui Wowi/SalmonCreek/Orange Crush/Mexican
Maui Wowi/Mango Haze
Panama/VietnamBlackThai
Panama/Oaxacan
Panama/Mango Haze
Mango/SalmonCreek/Orange Crush/Mexican
Mango/Oaxacan
Mango/VietnamBlackThai
Mango/Nevilles Haze2
VietnamBlackThai/Nevilles Haze2
VietnamBlackThai/SalmonCreek/Orange Crush/Mexican
VietnamBlackThai/Oaxacan
VietnamBlackThai/Mango Haze
LA Confidential/SalmonCreek/Orange Crush/Mexican
LA Confidential/Mango Haze
LA Confidential/Nevilles Haze2
LA Confidential/Oaxacan
and a half dozen others

Currently working with some older Humboldt strains from seed, never available from seed companies to my knowledge. And of course Headband,LA Conf, OG Kush, Sour Diesel,and GDP, as well as the Hazes I kept
  • progress.gif

P

pineolene

Im in Northern Cali. Im running Hazes, Sativas, Kush, and all kinds of Hybrids Ive made. My friends are running many crosses of Haze/Sativa and Haze/Kush I made this last winter. Heres some strains I made this last winter....
Currently working with some older Humboldt strains from seed, never available from seed companies to my knowledge. And of course Headband,LA Conf, OG Kush, Sour Diesel,and GDP, as well as the Hazes I kept
  • progress.gif

me thinks calcio is suffering the socal blues. Too much good indica and hybrids. No one wants to invest the time in long flowering sativa. The sattys are grown up here... mostly outdoors under plastic in the fall. norcal sativa hash for the win!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The Haze /Sativa run

The Haze /Sativa run

I ran them indoors. All males were separated to another room and had the pollen harvested. They were allowed 11 weeks indoor under Sodium light, then were wisked outdoors in late winter to finish, many weeks further for some. Each cross was Polinated with a tiny Artist brush, one hair at a time.

P

pineolene

there are a bunch of growers on IC with nice rooms that could be pulling commercial yields but instead are growing out dozens of new strains and breeding, doing test runs of different products, and smoking/giving away weed just like you keep ranting about, and you are arguing with those same people here....

that's what's up. i donate $5/g to www.uf4a.org with my ice water extract vending. the folks on the boards are not the greedy ones. the greedy ones don't give a damn about weed forums, they have hyphie sh*t to do like smoke blunts and buy baggy clothes. :dance013:

.... that last part was a joke, before anyone gets their panties twisted over the blunt comment.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
California Barbeques

California Barbeques

Getting ready to fire up the grill! I have some Black Angus Steaks. Boneless Ribeyes. They have been marinading for over 20 hours in SoyVay/OJ Concentrate. I have some cherry, and Nectarine trees with the smoker wood branches ready for harvest. We will smoke them low and slow!

We can check on the plants while we barbeque.

picture.php