What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

it's the ac's and dehums that fuck you with sealed, it's like you're running another grow.. PG&E shows no love and everything else is taxed to the max.. so 4k in cali is really like 3k back east.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
my friend actually works for PGE...and told me that they do not make profit on those tier 4 energy rates...they are basically capped by the public utilities commission in terms of how much profit they can make....all the extra money goes into public programs that actually fund my friends job...he works for PGE non profit section that hires a bunch of high school kids to go around neighborhoods installing CFLs and low flow hoses in peoples houses lol.......so basically all the non profit programs that hire low income employees are subsidized by indoor growers!! kind of awesome how the local economies rely so much on marijuana production to keep them alive....all the taxes, supplies, etc filters back into the public somehow....

so feel good about payin out the ass for electric i guess haha....some low income kid in oakland makes 10 bucks an hour now because of it! they came over and gave me a few boxes of CFLs, power strips, and low flow shower heads for free lol.....taking advantage of the system..i guess i should give these to my friends without CARE they paid for it..

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
CARE

CARE

I dont qualify for the special rates. Its ok, I dont mind paying my way and helping others at the same time. Its all good.

Im having fun with my low cost outdoor grows, but also very much enjoy having an indoor garden in the middle of winter, when its storming out, Im inside and hanging out with my plants.

Growing flowers. What a cool hobby!

nomaad

Veteran
baseline- $.12/KWH (you get 500 baseline KWH)
101-130% of baseline= .14
131-200%= .29
after that... its all at $.40

happened to have a bill on my desk. used to be .44 for me too. went down... not that i felt it. i don;t even flower inside and I have bills that would choke a horse. PG&E is perhaps the biggest overall profiteer in this shady game.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I must be reading the chart wrong I posted it says .14.83 for cali baseline?? Commercial is .12.96

Last edited:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
baseline- $.12/KWH
101-130% of baseline= .14
131-200%= .29
after that... its all at $.40

happened to have a bill on my desk. used to be .44 for me too. went down... not that i felt it. i don;t even flower inside and I have bills that would choke a horse. PG&E is perhaps the biggest overall profiteer in this shady game.

Isn't that just Cali trying to make back the few billion ENRON raped them out of? Even at these rates I think the incompetents are still in the hole.

:joint:

nomaad

Veteran
HH: i think the rates differ a little depending on what market you're in.

post 420. honor binds me to a bong hit.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I found my bill for no indoor grow going.
Even with no grow, no central. $245. The starting rate is 12 cents per KWH but jumps to over 40 cents even without a grow.

Generation Distribution, transmission, public purpose programs, nuclear decommisioning,DWR bond, Outgoing CTC, Energy cost recovery, Energy commission tax, and utillity users tax. Im reading it right off my bill. Those ass holes! LOL

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They need to raise the baseline usage to a higher amount. I dont think I have ever stayed under tier1 even with everything off.

Just the normal stuff stove,oven,Dryer,washer,fridge,TV,Sat Box and normal lights.

grow nerd

Veteran
dam grow nerd, running a diesel generator would be cheaper than that, as long as its a mitsubishi which burns 1 gal/hr at 12kw for a 20kw genny.
Perhaps; but first consider the logistics (of both fuel & equipment) and up-front capital requirements. Not to mention space, heat, noise, etc.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this thread is why idk if i want mj legal in my state.i know i dont want a bunch of fools movin to my state,my city,thinkin they gonna make paper.it aint gonna happen.imma keep my area on lock.i been doin this for a few yrs,i got some decent strains,shiiit some awesome strains... and access to as many as i prolly can handle.whatever i have to do to keep bein the one tht they want to grab the meds from is what ill do.if that be havin all the best strains around,and the best grown weed around cause i care about my garden...but i aint gonna be sellin for no 800 a lb LOL,PALEASE !!!!! i couldnt see that with Betty Davis eyes.mf gonna pay me or ima keep killin this black market like i know how....F.U.C.K.E.M.
peace-T-

MPL

Do it while you can because the market, laws and society are changing. Growers with your attitude won't survive much longer.

this thread is why idk if i want mj legal in my state.i know i dont want a bunch of fools movin to my state,my city,thinkin they gonna make paper.it aint gonna happen.imma keep my area on lock.i been doin this for a few yrs,i got some decent strains,shiiit some awesome strains... and access to as many as i prolly can handle.whatever i have to do to keep bein the one tht they want to grab the meds from is what ill do.if that be havin all the best strains around,and the best grown weed around cause i care about my garden...but i aint gonna be sellin for no 800 a lb LOL,PALEASE !!!!! i couldnt see that with Betty Davis eyes.mf gonna pay me or ima keep killin this black market like i know how....F.U.C.K.E.M.
peace-T-

There are two main reasons for prices falling on the scale of what we're seeing.

First, a lot of growers wrongfully assume that since it is "legal" they should lower their prices. It's not legal in any state. The only state that even has protection from arrest is CO and that is b/c they were wise enough to make MMJ a constitutional amendment. If you are growing Cannabis anywhere in the USA you risk having cops break down your door, trash your house, steal your crop, cash and equipment and then make you pay 20-30k defending yourself from felony cultivation with intent. So be sure you are earning enough to make it worth a 25k+ legal battle, or don't even play the game.

Second, noobie growers with little understanding of growing and no business sense. New growers are both flooding the market with inferior product and undercutting everyone's prices. I personally learned early on in life as an Amazon merchant that undercutting the competition is an art and that by undercutting by more than a penny at a time was dreadful for everyone including myself. This new batch of young growers have not, and probably will not, ever learn this lesson.

I'm sad to see my gravy train ride come to an end mostly at the hands of the less savvy growers within my own industry, but I'm happy I was on the ride long enough to eventually get me to Spain with enough "paper" to retire happily and live out the rest of my days fat, dumb and happy with a lush green personal garden.

Rant over.

peace-T-
Your city?

You are one hilariously, adorably delusional mother fucker. Read a book. Any book. You'll quickly learn that cities don't have owners. Only complacent mediocre intellects who will invariably get trampled on when the bigger dogs show up.

Adapt or parish.

"My city." Sheeeeiit, Avon Barksdale, that you?

You best grow up fast with this "Mf'ers gonna pay me" shit when the real men come to town and your corner of the world becomes a real capitalistic market.

You think I'm talking shit but I'm really your fucking savior here. Embrace these truths or work on your resume.

O

OrganicOzarks

I know that outdoor Cali has gotten cheap enough, and plentiful enough to fuck shit up out here. For the people that know, they don't want it, but out here that is a very small circle. I have seen some people getting outdoor packs for $2k out here. A year ago or so it was $4k. God damn. All you can do is educate the masses, and they will catch on eventually. Slowly, but surely. It seems that Cali outdoor is the new schwag.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
E-terpreter:

What Tona is trying to say:

The far east coast is different. We have seen all the Cali stuff time and time again. We have returned back to our roots...time and time again. He has stuff that others don't have...won't have. If boys with big money come to town, they still won't be able to meet the demands, because the area is hooked to a certain quality of product...a demand created by himself, by outclassing and growing better meds than anyone who has tried to compete....this is called stepping up and adapting, as he was stating he has done. If the market were to some how shift on him, he has access to other genetics that would other wise place him back in the top of his clienteles wish list, as he doesn't show all his cards in one hand....therefore once again, keeping his product in circulation and demand. When the craze has died down, folks will once again want the local flavor they begin to miss so dearly and he can once again save the day by re-introducing what once was. This has helped him stay above the curve...even in the face of an onslaught of poorly grown, mass produced west coast outdoor 'mersher strains that cost much less...

I think he shared a rather intelligent market strategy with you...perhaps the onslaught because of the slang was not so necessary?? Not like all you folks are legal growers anyway! Be wise to listen up to the 'ole boy...

Carry on...

dank.Frank

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
God can you boys put your dick back in your pants and not get this thread closed please? I don't give a shit if you are "hard" or if you have your "shit on lock" or whatever. There is too much good info here for you two to get it closed for some dick measuring contest to see whose e-peen is bigger. Ya dig?

:yes:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thank you DANK!!!!!
finaly someone who understands the concept of supply and demand.
hopefully that will clarify for anyone tht didnt understand my crude caveman talk since im such a thug.
peace-T-