No announcement yet.

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brb having a 4 page discussion on constitutional law knowing politics doesn't fly here and ruining/locking an otherwise useful thread.

Comment

Yeah constitutional law shouldn't be discussed, just the current mood of the 30 year old PIGS with GED's. Their mood is important lets talk about them.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." ~ Samuel Adams

"To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father's has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association -- the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, and the fruits acquired by it." ~Thomas Jefferson

The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny. ~Fed 47, A. Hamilton & J. Madison
      sigpic

Comment

I think people are more aware of the broker fee nowadays. They are willing to pay the fee for something great or something cheap.

But charging middle of the road prices for something middle quality because it might "get them in trouble" just doesn't fly so much in Cali anymore.

10 years ago you could expect to hear someone talk about the risk associated with supplying the goods.

You used to get taxed in case your dealer got busted, and then when your dealer got busted you got taxed even more.

I know I like to find a new supplier when mine has overwhelming fines to deal with.

Comment

You are supposed to be the supplier, this is the site of growers then smokers?

I bet none of those guys being busted felt so special in collecting a tax.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." ~ Samuel Adams

"To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his father's has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association -- the guarantee to every one of a free exercise of his industry, and the fruits acquired by it." ~Thomas Jefferson

The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny. ~Fed 47, A. Hamilton & J. Madison
          sigpic

Comment

lol i was a supplier because i didn't know how to grow.

now i can grow so i don't need to push supply to smoke.

and it sux balls taxing great customers for your own fuck ups, but thats how business is done these days. (see: BP, Exxon, Phillip Morris, etc...)

and just to clarify, i was making a distinction between growers, smokers, and brokers... is this a website for growers, or growers and brokers then smokers?

just trying to make sure i got your pecking order clarified.

Comment

Hydrosun, they're earning interest from the regulated system and not paying their fair share back to the system.

I get it we disagree on socio-economic strategies. I'm more used to the where to draw-the-line argument... the nixing-it-all-together, not so much. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater usually has a way of creating and sustaining more chaos.

Don't forget the guy that said "government is the problem" lowered taxes his first year and raised em the next seven.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrician View Post
                Yep prices are fucked, My bros been giving away headbands, and Trainwreck for 2,500 and its indoor bomb! The prices are only going to continue to drop.
                Wow, its a damn shame that i cant even get a half close to that price
                I'm Rolling Sweets, I'm Smoking Sour

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TruthOrLie View Post
                  lol i was a supplier because i didn't know how to grow.

now i can grow so i don't need to push supply to smoke.

and it sux balls taxing great customers for your own fuck ups, but thats how business is done these days. (see: BP, Exxon, Phillip Morris, etc...)

and just to clarify, i was making a distinction between growers, smokers, and brokers... is this a website for growers, or growers and brokers then smokers?

just trying to make sure i got your pecking order clarified.
                  If you didn't grow you were a middleman not a supplier, blessed are those who provide access but the supplier is the guy with flowering plants.

You are correct that is a PISS FUCKING POOR business plan to raise prices based on legal problems. Those costs should have ALWAYS been baked into the cake.

I think this should be a website for the counter culture of cannabis CCC or C3 but I don't own or run this site so their choice is the path. As you see I am too stoned and complaciant to open Ccubed on my own so this is my home and I respect the rules.

Originally posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
                  Hydrosun, they're earning interest from the regulated system and not paying their fair share back to the system.

I get it we disagree on socio-economic strategies. I'm more used to the where to draw-the-line argument... the nixing-it-all-together, not so much. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater usually has a way of creating and sustaining more chaos.

Don't forget the guy that said "government is the problem" lowered taxes his first year and raised em the next seven.
                  I agree that they are stealing money in MANY ways, those you mention are but a few

You are correct again total revolution would probably be worse than we have now. It is like being a beaten child threatened with an orphanage, doesn't make the belt any sweeter.

Well how the clowns played the game is fun and interesting to discuss and it is easy to rank them (GWB, Grant - Lincoln) but that is really way bigger and less relevant than the here and now. What do you really want to tell your kids, or grandkids? I really don't know the answer, but I'm pretty sure it is not trust the government and believe what they say.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hydrosun View Post
                    I agree that they are stealing money in MANY ways, those you mention are but a few

You are correct again total revolution would probably be worse than we have now. It is like being a beaten child threatened with an orphanage, doesn't make the belt any sweeter.

Well how the clowns played the game is fun and interesting to discuss and it is easy to rank them (GWB, Grant - Lincoln) but that is really way bigger and less relevant than the here and now. What do you really want to tell your kids, or grandkids? I really don't know the answer, but I'm pretty sure it is not trust the government and believe what they say.

I really like your abused child/ orphanage comparison. It's a sad state but IMO the wording is painfully accurate.

I recon it's bitter sweet that I have no children. I'm rooting for all you parents and hoping you and your children's living standards rise.

I'll try to leave politics out of my comment and substitute a little economics history.

You probably get tired of my old age references but I can remember when business was the bad guy. Love Canal, nuclear waste, big oil pollution, ... and the list goes on. Tanker trucks opened their valves and dumped PCB down the highway. We deoderant-sprayed our ozone away. Dick Nixon was business friendly for the time and initiated the EPA himself. Government was seen as being weak on polluters.

Being seen as weak on investment banking [eating] commercial banking's lunch got us Glass-Stegall. Now we're seeing those old problems return in the form of the biggest recession we've ever had. And the top 1%, those guys that are supposed to be creating jobs are sitting on their fattest wallets ever. It's time to walk the walk.

Not only do boom and bust cycles repeat every 8 to 12 years. A bigger phenomenon happens when vocals peeps are disaffected. As late as the 1960s, the top 1% was income-taxed as high as 91%. The last 30 years have seen them prosper historically. Unfortunately, the pendulum swung too far away from the bottom 95%.

I can tie this in with the op. Wholesale prices are plummeting yet elements of retail don't reflect their respective wholesale image. The industry is too young to reflect on bad historic policy, at least in the economic sense. Hopefully the future sees growers getting a better wholesale price, especially when retail is generally high.

Comment

i like it..

DB the tax rate was as high as 91% but that was not the effective tax rate.
                      the convoluted 16,000 page tax code in out punitive income tax is what takes the supposed 38.6% tax rate on a company like GE to an effective -22.4% incentive
                      do away with income based tax and move to a consumption tax with "prebates" for essentials for lower income families and the fat cats have no loopholes to game the system.

www.fairtax.org
                      WHO DAT

Comment

I'm all for fair taxation. I guess it's my idea of fair that would receive scrutiny. If a different system addressed the loopholes [and genuine tax laws that go against fair equity] I'd give it more consideration. The only problem with a consumption tax is it mimics a flat tax. I'm no economist but a primary argument against flat taxing is disparity.

IMO, taxes don't necessarily need to be income collected but rates need to be income based. A national sales tax or a national flat tax would require income rates to avoid being a flat basis. That said, it makes sense to me that taxes are collected on and of income.

IMO, the best argument for a different tax system like the flat tax or the consumption tax is the perceived lower payout. One of our problems is deficits. And we all know the money necessary to reign in debt is the same programs we don't want to see cut. In other words, our own personal interests.

IMO, reigning in spending is a longer term solution. Ultimately, the people will have to give up more of the benefits of the systems they already paid into. In the near term, we need to look at the top for the solutions to our short term economic woes. Get these global giants to start hiring here again or hit em where it hurts. After all, they've hit us for the last 30 years plus.

Comment

Originally posted by dagnabit View Post

i like it..

DB the tax rate was as high as 91% but that was not the effective tax rate.
                          the convoluted 16,000 page tax code in out punitive income tax is what takes the supposed 38.6% tax rate on a company like GE to an effective -22.4% incentive
                          do away with income based tax and move to a consumption tax with "prebates" for essentials for lower income families and the fat cats have no loopholes to game the system.

www.fairtax.org
                          Wholly SHIT!!!!!!! I am Dagnabit! What mushroom did I take! Love that the man has never kept you out of the ring.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
                            I'm all for fair taxation. I guess it's my idea of fair that would receive scrutiny. If a different system addressed the loopholes [and genuine tax laws that go against fair equity] I'd give it more consideration. The only problem with a consumption tax is it mimics a flat tax. I'm no economist but a primary argument against flat taxing is disparity.
                            I'd like to narrow the focus here to this point.....

You said Fair and Disparity in the same paragraph. What I would like to forward is that NO EVALUATION should be made. If you place your bet on red and it comes up black tough shit, hope you had friends and family that bet the other way.

Among 6 or 7 billion on the globe someone will be luckiest / most blessed, why is the concepts of stealing their advantage for the "common good" more ethical than letting them retain their lottery winning luck advantage?

EDIT: The easy slam is that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation SMASHES THE LIVING FUCK out of US International aid programs.

sigpic

Comment

I guess I see the idea that some get rich at the expense of others. Even when capitalism is regulated to the point that business cleans up it's mess, doesn't unduly endanger workers and doesn't bilk the general economic macro, we buy their products and services. We generate their profit. Capitalism has to make a profit and it's generating more now than in the last century. The proverbial thumb is on our back.

If business was hiring the way they're sitting on capital atm or had a track record of taking their losses on their own chins or going to the employment solution while saying it'll happen when they get their latest tax break, (hello W extension) I might have more empathy for business. I'm not talking about people that sit on wealth that isn't classified nor taxed nor collected as income. Just the people that keep lobbying their way to zero tax and beyond. I'd also like to see tax shelters reduced or eliminated all together.

What justifies a rich person paying the same tax as a person having trouble making ends meet? Those rich people draw the same social perks as the poor and middle class. And if they go to the nursing home, their own blind trusts mean we pay their way.

The 60s saw the extremes of the top bracket. The 20s and the present saw and see the other extreme. I don't know where the line is that makes everybody gain but the 90s 39% saw gain for more of the population.

BTW, W's extension is 35%.

Comment

These things you complain of are the same for all of us. When you are born there is some corporation and government that owns FUCKING EVERYTHING. Our job is to get ours and fuck them, I choose to band with those here and take my lumps it is a scary fucking place.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X