Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazyman View Post
    Ditto!

Quality is an issue indoors, as there are still tons of dipshits growing lousy weed and selling it to tightwads at a discount. Growing costs are increasing constantly. But the price is coming down? Dispensaries getting closed left and right will raise prices on the street too.

I hope the assholes who got into this to get rich
    are sitting on 1000 pounds of worthless crumbly outdoor, and have to move back to their home state since they clearly can't cut it here.

/Born and raised in NorCal.
    So why are you growing 16kw in your basement? For kicks and mass giveaways? Or have you somehow earned your keep over transplants due to some locality thing, is that what you're saying?

I respect your grows and appreciate your wisdom. But I think you are a bit full of it here man.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
      You've had several examples, Licky. You just don't agree. Sometimes it's as easy as recognizing you're making a different argument.
      This entire post was extremely well written and spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by thingshappening View Post
        So why are you growing 16kw in your basement? For kicks and mass giveaways? Or have you somehow earned your keep over transplants due to some locality thing, is that what you're saying?

I respect your grows and appreciate your wisdom. But I think you are a bit full of it here man.
        I do give a lot of medicine away every month, yes. the rest I take donations for, and use to pay my workers (roughly $3500/mo), rent ($1800/mo for the basement) power ($4k) and things like nutes, new bulbs, soil, new carbon scrubbers, and a million other things. The basement costs a grand total of $10K per month to operate, inclusive.

I am certainly not rich, I don't own a house, only thing I actually own is an old pickup truck that needs a new engine, and I can't afford to replace it.

Don't be so quick to judge.

And yes, I think people that grew up here, have ties and roots here, have more right to grow than those that moved here to make a quick buck. If you were from here you'd feel the same way.
        *I'm fairly busy so please excuse my absence or slow responses to PM's!

All about Growroom cooling: Keepin' it cool man (my 1st published article)
        How to automate reservoir top offs or most anything water-related
        The only UV-B lighting thread worth a damn
        CO2 for dummies

Big grow:
        The 36KW medical/perpetual basement

Comment

And yes, I think people that grew up here, have ties and roots here, have more right to grow than those that moved here to make a quick buck. If you were from here you'd feel the same way.
          LMAO... especially from a chemy grower. The organic heads from around the world are moving to CA to grow organic herb in the sunshine and under lights. America's history (and especially CA) is built on these migrations, ie the gold rush. You must be high or struggling to keep up. Many of us came here to plant roots, buy land, and grow. The quick buck folks, well they sure exist, I just don't know them.

By the way, no judging here. Get your hustle on brah. Homies gotta eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tela View Post
            Unless your income is less than 36k a year, you are ripping off taxpayers by signing up for the CARE program and are purely in it for the money. I suspect most growers in the CARE program also do not pay their federal and local income taxes so they are double fucking legitimate taxpayer citizens. Greedy, lazy, and ignorant as far as i'm concerned. Man up and pay your share. If you have marginal growing skills, this should not be a problem. Otherwise you are as scummy as the folks running credit card scams, boosters, and rippers.
            so its ok for the mega wealthy corporations to get billion dollar tax breaks but not ok for a middle class grower to save a few grand by signing up for care??

doesnt make sense...i dont see how a grower using CARE is the same as someone skimming credit cards...no where close.

also...what are you commercial warehouse guys paying per 1k in your area....i heard a friend of freind got a warehouse with care but i cant find any info on it...says care is only for qualified households on the website.
            Cured Bud pictures
            Flowering pictures

Comment

Sigh. Lots of people grow indoors for the better security, myself included. Indoor organics are so rare (especially on any kind of scale) that's it's pretty much unheard of.

Outdoor = organics.
              Indoor = chems.

I'm not struggling, but I pay everyone involved a very good wage, including trimmers. The high rent I pay kept one family from losing their home. I don't steal power or utilize the CARE program, I pay full price for power. I grow mostly elite strains, ethically and carefully produced, to be consumed by myself, my patients, and my loved ones. My weed is stronger and tastier than just about everything else I see out here, and provided for very reasonable donations.

I'm not in this to get rich, I have a full-time job. I grow because my wife is disabled and can't work, so I do it to make ends meet. I'm a third-generation NorCal grower, and am saddened by the current state of affairs. Organized crime, violence, power theft, all are unwelcome attributes to our beloved NorCal culture.
              *I'm fairly busy so please excuse my absence or slow responses to PM's!

All about Growroom cooling: Keepin' it cool man (my 1st published article)
              How to automate reservoir top offs or most anything water-related
              The only UV-B lighting thread worth a damn
              CO2 for dummies

Big grow:
              The 36KW medical/perpetual basement

Comment

IMO, we'll see less scrutiny in grower pricing when this reform game plays out. Buyers will reflect what's hot and sales will reflect demand. If you're lucky and or savvy enough to have the right stuff at the right time, coupled with the ability to make it sing, it'll ring in the form of sellers price. "You want it, you buy it." Then, the market will support or squeeze that price.

Long story short, it's as broad as it is long. We'll fall into the slots we make or the ones we're squeezed into. I'll probably never be able to afford the best of the best but it'll still be available. Hope so, anyway.

Comment

Sigh. Lots of people grow indoors for the better security, myself included. Indoor organics are so rare (especially on any kind of scale) that's it's pretty much unheard of.

Outdoor = organics.
                  Indoor = chems.

I'm not struggling, but I pay everyone involved a very good wage, including trimmers. The high rent I pay kept one family from losing their home. I don't steal power or utilize the CARE program, I pay full price for power. I grow mostly elite strains, ethically and carefully produced, to be consumed by myself, my patients, and my loved ones. My weed is stronger and tastier than just about everything else I see out here, and provided for very reasonable donations.

I'm not in this to get rich, I have a full-time job. I grow because my wife is disabled and can't work, so I do it to make ends meet. I'm a third-generation NorCal grower, and am saddened by the current state of affairs. Organized crime, violence, power theft, all are unwelcome attributes to our beloved NorCal culture.
                  That's all well and good, except for your silly assertion that indoor=chems. I'm still LOLing on that one.

I'm third gen, not from CA. I learned about medical mj when my grama was growing for my grandpa's terminal cancer. I've been groomed since childhood to grow pot organically. Indoors, outdoors, greenhouse, the moon, doesn't matter, organic. I was in high school when 215 passed and already on my third round. I turned 18, went to organic farm college, and here we are. A decade plus later CA is my home. I've taught grow classes all over the bay, worked at a dispensary or two, and now just do my thang. I love it here. I feel at home for the first time in my life. I go mushroom hunting and foraging weekly. Can you say "perfect climate"

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
                    IMO, we'll see less scrutiny in grower pricing when this reform game plays out. Buyers will reflect what's hot and sales will reflect demand. If you're lucky and or savvy enough to have the right stuff at the right time, coupled with the ability to make it sing, it'll ring in the form of sellers price. "You want it, you buy it." Then, the market will support or squeeze that price.

Long story short, it's as broad as it is long. We'll fall into the slots we make or the ones we're squeezed into. I'll probably never be able to afford the best of the best but it'll still be available. Hope so, anyway.
                    I think some of the power players, the larry's og or whatever, will stay in high demand. and the name will cement it's place in the market. it's all about brand recognition over the long term. there will be fads, and staples. judging from what I've seen from the breeders, there will be "strain wars".

Comment

Originally posted by Yes4Prop215 View Post
                      so its ok for the mega wealthy corporations to get billion dollar tax breaks but not ok for a middle class grower to save a few grand by signing up for care??

doesnt make sense...i dont see how a grower using CARE is the same as someone skimming credit cards...no where close.

also...what are you commercial warehouse guys paying per 1k in your area....i heard a friend of freind got a warehouse with care but i cant find any info on it...says care is only for qualified households on the website.
                      I agree with the above. Regulation needs to help the less than mega growers. Otherwise, the money and economy gets squeezed to the top. Part of the free market is being able to determine what a product sells for. Grower/seller and buyer pride is merely physiological until quality and market distribution aspects apply.

As much as I feel that future reforms will temper pricing, we'll get to a point where the man says no to further price considerations. And if the respective man happens to be a better cost manager that's gravy, not place for ethical judgement. IMO, the market will support or squeeze the price.

Growing weed suffers perils like food markets. Boom and bust cycles are tempered to keep those we need in the business of doing what they do best. We might see subsidies that actually pay the grower to indefinitely not grow weed in order to sustain long term marketability.

IMO, power subsidies shouldn't aggregate to consumer savings as much as it should help maintain the grower's ability to continue as a supplier. The market will fluctuate and so may the price.

Comment

anybody that thinks your "tax dollars" go for anything tangible in the U.S.-anian economy needs to quit drinking the kool-aid....like the mental midgets that complain about people on welfare. .....spend a coupla minutes and look up how much JPmorgan cashes in off of processing food stamps for us.gov .....more peasants=more $$ ...........deficit? one of the biggest money-makers here...replaced the great american working force, you could say.....think it'll ever be "paid off"?....no. *** pot prices......hate to be nouvaeu cliche,but black swans are gonna become so numerous that white swans will be the new black swan......

--what do you think the price would be if grows sucking more than 20KwH/daily could not be profitable?

--what do you think the price would be if there's rolling blackouts this summer?.....say east coast and west coast..

--how many growers can provide their own supplements(everything you add to plants during the grow)...and power for lights?(no gennies..)

with all thats going on...economic fuckery/escalating u.s. "democracy" spreading/global radiation release/climate+solar activity.....plus many other issues......id say quit worrying where the prices will go.......id say figure out a way to keep the lights on for 3-5 days w/o having juice....(or gas)

Comment

Quality=Value, Value will continue to drop on the lower quality product...
                          High quality will still demand fair market value.
                          Step you're game up or you're game over period!!!

Comment

Originally posted by decarboxylator View Post
                            I think some of the power players, the larry's og or whatever, will stay in high demand. and the name will cement it's place in the market. it's all about brand recognition over the long term. there will be fads, and staples. judging from what I've seen from the breeders, there will be "strain wars".
                            I agree. We've got a good situation going on here at IC. Many professional growers showing their tricks of the trade.

I see variety and knowledge being more retained in the future more so than now.

This may not be an apt comparison. I know a former grower that did 8.5 of 10 years for distribution. He showed me pics of very large outdoor plants and said it was easy, the plants did it all themselves. I'm sure he was generalizing.

Then he showed me a few pics of liquor stills and said it takes decades of hands on experience to improve the product.

I see those who retain the best quality coupled with the best skills commanding the top shelf. IMO, IC won't see as much coveted info as we enjoy today.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xAJV...&feature=feedf

Comment

Originally posted by Yes4Prop215 View Post
                                You can always justify immorality by pointing to people doing worse shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X