No announcement yet.

Arizona Becomes the 13th State to Legalize Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read the Subcool saga in real time back then. I had just found ICMag, and spent a lot of time here then. The story makes me sad and very angry, and a little worried. And now... Maricopa county is letting 'em free.

https://azmarijuana.com/arizona-medi...e-immediately/

I feel anger that the universe can turn a man's life around so fast and hard, with the .guv and a snitch giving it more than a helping hand. Sad that it happened at all, cause he was happy and a groovin, it sounds like. What did he do wrong to bring this down upon himself, or is fate a mean bitch too? He definitely did not get away with life. RIP.

I have come to believe that the terps are good for your lungs. If he was smoking organic sift, and his O2 was still degrading, that sounds like more reason for me to vape the medicinal terps, and eat the remaining oils. I've seen the oils accumulating inside Volcano bags when heated too hard for too long, and felt the effect.

Edit: Damn stoney distractions... So I came here because AZ has legalized pot. I am looking for my next landing spot, so AZ is on the radar now. I like the hilly area in the center on toward the NE corner.

If one oz is OK, 2.5 oz the max limit of OK, what about the guy who grows 6 plants and keeps a few pounds around? Saying an ounce is OK, that just makes the loadees off the hook for having the stuff. What about someone growing their annual stash?
    Last edited by flylowgethigh; 11-18-2020, 18:42.
    ______________________________ __________________________
    Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Comment

Originally posted by flylowgethigh View Post
      If one oz is OK, 2.5 oz the max limit of OK, what about the guy who grows 6 plants and keeps a few pounds around? Saying an ounce is OK, that just makes the loadees off the hook for having the stuff. What about someone growing their annual stash?

... The Man is wise, and we are still outlaws in their eyes

Comment

Originally posted by flylowgethigh View Post
        My understanding is that those limits are only for transport. The initiative was kind of confusingly written, but it does seem that the limits only apply outside your home. Because seriously, who could grow 12 plants (the maximum if there are 2 or more adults living there) and not end up with more than an oz??

Comment

Last edited by 420mt; 12-10-2020, 21:57. Reason: update this is how the courts will view it

Comment

az prices are sky high ~ so greedy ~ I've always been disappointed in the legal weed situation ~ I just want to grow ~ but I'm an apartment dweller so that's not going to happen ~ at least in Oregon you can afford weed & smoke it at your apartment

Comment

Originally posted by Boscoe View Post
              My understanding is that those limits are only for transport. The initiative was kind of confusingly written, but it does seem that the limits only apply outside your home. Because seriously, who could grow 12 plants (the maximum if there are 2 or more adults living there) and not end up with more than an oz??

Yes that is correct. Here is the relevant text of the new law:

2. POSSESSING, TRANSPORTING, CULTIVATING, OR PROCESSING NOT MORE THAN SIX MARIJUANA PLANTS FOR PERSONAL USE AT THE INDIVIDUAL’S PRIMARY RESIDENCE, AND POSSESSING, PROCESSING AND MANUFACTURING BY MANUAL OR MECHANICAL MEANS, INCLUDING SIEVING OR ICE WATER SEPARATION BUT EXCLUDING CHEMICAL EXTRACTION OR CHEMICAL SYNTHESIS, THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE MARIJUANA PLANTS WERE GROWN IF ALL OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY:

(A) NOT MORE THAN TWELVE PLANTS ARE PRODUCED AT A SINGLE RESIDENCE WHERE TWO OR MORE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE RESIDE AT ONE TIME.

(B) CULTIVATION TAKES PLACE WITHIN A CLOSET, ROOM, GREENHOUSE OR OTHER ENCLOSED AREA ON THE GROUNDS OF THE RESIDENCE EQUIPPED WITH A LOCK OR OTHER SECURITY DEVICE THAT PREVENTS ACCESS BY MINORS.

(C) CULTIVATION TAKES PLACE IN AN AREA WHERE THE MARIJUANA PLANTS ARE NOT VISIBLE FROM PUBLIC VIEW WITHOUT THE USE OF BINOCULARS, AIRCRAFT OR OTHER OPTICAL AIDS.
              Of course I expect over-zealous anti-weed prosecutors and sheriffs to try to challenge this part through some sketchy and disingenuous interpretation of the law like they did with the medical law with regards to concentrates. In that case, the AZ supreme court did the right thing and confirmed that the medical law expressly allowed all forms of concentrates. I think it is likely that any question about keeping however much you grow at your house, as long as it doesn't leave the house, will be resolved in a similar way.

I heard rumors of a new voter initiative being discussed by some citizens that would allow cannabis farmer's markets where we could buy and sell to each other. I am going to look into it and see if I can participate in that process. Maybe we could get that on the 2022 ballot.

I also think that federal decriminalization, through delisting or rescheduling is very likely in the next few years, maybe even outright legalization.

Comment

Working...
              X