What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New CBD vs Lung Cancer Study!

Storm Crow

Veteran
Striking lung cancer response to self-administration of cannabidiol: A case report and literature review. (UK) (full – 2019) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6385325/

FYI- most medical studies do NOT use adjectives in the title. That they used "striking" in the title shows that their minds were blown by the very unexpected shrinkage of the tumors! The patient was in his 80s and refused chemo. He started taking a CBD oil for a month and the lung cancer and metastasized tumors shrank. The scans in the study clearly show the reduction in tumor size but are too big to post up, so I'm just going to quote the conclusion.

Conclusion

In summary, the data presented here indicate that CBD may have had a role in the striking response in a patient with histologically proven adenocarcinoma of the lung as a result of self-administration of CBD oil for a month and in the absence of any other identifiable lifestyle, drug or dietary changes. Further work is needed both in vitro and in vivo to better evaluate the various mechanisms of action of CBD on malignant cells, and its potential application in the treatment of not only lung cancer but also other malignancies.

Granny

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
It is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful could evolve purely by chance

..... to me the really interesting thing about it is that it didn't really evolve by chance.

It was a plant put here by Mother Nature that had hidden potential within it that we found, cultivated and exploited.

Now rhat's Magic!:tiphat:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Very true. But my agnostic game is strong.

I'm not sure it is, as you see God as the answer. Me, I see we might not be the most evolved species ever. Proven quite simply, by how creatures get bigger over time, and we have seen some very big bones. Then we have the other option, that life here comes from another planet anyway. Like a piece of code that arrived, and has tried many ways to survive. Like the snake who blocks the code for legs that it carries, because they were a hindrance in it's habitat. We have taken out the block, and made lizards. Many of us share a common code, simply used in different ways. A code like we may send out one day, knowing we won't be getting off this failing rock by any other means.

We would then be their God. The one's who seeded them. But they would never meet us. Unfortunately they may even pray to us. But the idea we might exist wouldn't be wrong. So something will take advantage of that blind faith. It's just how it is.

We have been sending out parts of our life for decades. In an infinite universe, we could of already sent out microbes that will seed life.

At -273 nothing ages. We have frogs that can freeze. Seeds that can freeze. Surely something can cross vast distances.

dddaver

Veteran
I'm not sure it is, as you see God as the answer. Me, I see we might not be the most evolved species ever. Proven quite simply, by how creatures get bigger over time, and we have seen some very big bones. Then we have the other option, that life here comes from another planet anyway. Like a piece of code that arrived, and has tried many ways to survive. Like the snake who blocks the code for legs that it carries, because they were a hindrance in it's habitat. We have taken out the block, and made lizards. Many of us share a common code, simply used in different ways. A code like we may send out one day, knowing we won't be getting off this failing rock by any other means.

We would then be their God. The one's who seeded them. But they would never meet us. Unfortunately they may even pray to us. But the idea we might exist wouldn't be wrong. So something will take advantage of that blind faith. It's just how it is.

We have been sending out parts of our life for decades. In an infinite universe, we could of already sent out microbes that will seed life.

At -273 nothing ages. We have frogs that can freeze. Seeds that can freeze. Surely something can cross vast distances.

OMG. I saw that coming a mile away. No offense but TL;DR.

I'm just not so sure that you could possibly be so sure. :biggrin:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Any excuse to post this picture.
aliens.png

Drewsif

He took a cbd oil. He didn't take cbd isolate...

So what fatty acids were in the oil? Are internet pot growers back to believing all strains are equal when thumbing their nose at conservatives, politicians and whoever else they've set up as "the man" to rebel against, yet praise the diversity of the plant, some invented subjectivity unknown by thousand of years of tradition when it comes to needing an excuse for why your weed isn't as good as mine?

iccfortmyers121

Striking lung cancer response to self-administration of cannabidiol: A case report and literature review. (UK) (full – 2019) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6385325/

FYI- most medical studies do NOT use adjectives in the title. That they used "striking" in the title shows that their minds were blown by the very unexpected shrinkage of the tumors! The patient was in his 80s and refused chemo. He started taking a CBD oil for a month and the lung cancer and metastasized tumors shrank. The scans in the study clearly show the reduction in tumor size but are too big to post up, so I'm just going to quote the conclusion.

Conclusion

In summary, the data presented here indicate that CBD may have had a role in the striking response in a patient with histologically proven adenocarcinoma of the lung as a result of self-administration of CBD oil for a month and in the absence of any other identifiable lifestyle, drug or dietary changes. Further work is needed both in vitro and in vivo to better evaluate the various mechanisms of action of CBD on malignant cells, and its potential application in the treatment of not only lung cancer but also other malignancies.

Granny
i think a specific dose of marijuana may help.

PDX Dopesmoker

Very true. But my agnostic game is strong.

Thats just a belief system, you can choose to be religious or agnostic, there is good solid convincing doublespeak which exists for all points of view, that kind of dogma and circular logic isn't meaningful because of the invalidating nature of circular logic. Why not run the numbers instead, get a solid verifiable & quantifiable result instead of forming your belief system based on prejudices, feelings and emotions? I'd be much more interested to calculate the odds of cannabis evolving and seeing if those odds are within the range of random chance than I would be in seeing a bunch of polls about people's contrived irrational feelings on the topic. Its not even all that difficult of a calculation, once you get a good measure of the Hubble constant the rest is all just plugging the values of other observed variables into the equations.

Latest posts

Latest posts