What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congress meeting next week on cannabis

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The US tried to hand over the reins to Europe on Kosovo and they let it go to shit discussing it until the US and Britain had to step in to stop the massacres. EU and the UN are all talk no action.

Amynamous

This is not a state’s issue, this is a matter of individual liberty and personal rights - and no affair of the government on any level. The right to grow and use a plant is a right unenumerated in the constitution, but it’s EXACTLY what the 9th amendment is for.

Can’t admit it’s all bullshit and then argue to keep some of it around.

I mean no disrespect, but try to live in the world that is in front of me not the one i wish for. Governments have had controls on plants (coca, tobacco and poppies to name a few) for a long time. They will continue to have some controls on our favorite plant. While I also hope for the same things as you, the politicians are not there yet. I, for one, am happy and thankful for every baby step in that direction.

Yesterday i walked into a dispensary and purchased a gram of Acapulco Gold. I then proceeded to drive home and vape some. I had NO worries regarding LEO! That is a very long ways from where we were 10 years ago.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I said this was going to happen ages ago. The Trump administration can not and will not allow another candidate to use the "I will legalize pot" slogan. Period. Ain't gonna happen.

So, congress will de-schedule pot and allow states to decide. Just like alcohol.

And, it is happening exactly when I said it would. Just as everyone is announcing their candidates for 2020 [and their positions].

Cannabis is a HUGE vote getter. The Trump administration is NOT going to let an opponent use that. It would be insane to allow that.

White Beard

I mean no disrespect, but try to live in the world that is in front of me not the one i wish for. Governments have had controls on plants (coca, tobacco and poppies to name a few) for a long time. They will continue to have some controls on our favorite plant. While I also hope for the same things as you, the politicians are not there yet. I, for one, am happy and thankful for every baby step in that direction.

Yesterday i walked into a dispensary and purchased a gram of Acapulco Gold. I then proceeded to drive home and vape some. I had NO worries regarding LEO! That is a very long ways from where we were 10 years ago.

Nor did I meant to throw shade on your comments.

I understand that things are better in states that are working their control frameworks; I also understand that there are real problems in those states with the control structure. I’m not at all insensitive to the joy of just being able to go get some without the underground hassles of the old days.

The thing is, no one ever got what they wanted by being grateful for less. THEY are not going to put any of the changes we really want into effect unless WE keep reminding them of what we really want.

So my only message is to remind myself and the rest of us that we need to keep remembering and keep telling them.

They’re not going to work things out to our liking if we’re not involved.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

The thing is, no one ever got what they wanted by being grateful for less. THEY are not going to put any of the changes we really want into effect unless WE keep reminding them of what we really want.

So my only message is to remind myself and the rest of us that we need to keep remembering and keep telling them.

They’re not going to work things out to our liking if we’re not involved.

With respect. That's not how the world works.

There's a constant struggle between negative and positive liberty. One leads to despotism, the other to anarchy. One side believes one thing, the other the opposite.

Tony Blair sent a letter to Isaiah Berlin when he was on his death bed , the political philosopher who postulated both types of liberties, asking him if there was a way to combine both. Blair never got an answer. So he took the negative route, which is why the rich got way richer and the poor got very poor. The birth of the super rich is the exact opposite of what he tried to do by bringing in tons of regulations.

So scream and yell, camp on their steps all you want, the powers that be will never give up their power/money.

Ironically, only anarchy can remove them.

White Beard

I understand, and thanks, but the world works in a number of ways, and shifting the Overton window is one of those. The wrong wing has got great mileage out of citing public support, real and imagined. Repeatedly making a case for a users and growers perspective will get reported in the media, and will widen the debate beyond “pretend it never happened”.

Practical grassroots politics

armedoldhippy

Veteran
With respect. That's not how the world works.

So scream and yell, camp on their steps all you want, the powers that be will never give up their power/money.

Ironically, only anarchy can remove them.

i have heard it said, and seen it in print, that it is too late for the ballot, but still too early for the bullet.:comfort:

CaptainDankness

So? What happened??

Right!! I know I googled it in hopes of finding a Livestream, but I couldn't find one. As much as I hate listening to Congress speak, I wanted to see exactly what their ideas where for cannabis and find out who to not vote for.

I half way think this might have been fake news.