What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Update on Shanti baba from Sara

Ganja 13

Aloha braddahs and sistas!
From Sara- “Hello everyone, Shanti has had a family emergency in Australia and has had to go over."
Wishing Shanti and his family peace and safe passage. Stay tuned.

CaptainDankness

A little strange how she doesn't mention if he's no longer detained or not, but as long as the Australian cops ain't trying to get him for shipping seeds he's probably good.

sshz

After everything, and the removal of posts and a thread- I don’t believe this for a second.........

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
More likely he made a hurried dash to Oz forgetting quarantine, then didn't arrive at destination. Family heard he was in enforced quarantine, and passed the word along that he was held by authorities. Then panic ensued due to his occupation.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
More likely he made a hurried dash to Oz forgetting quarantine, then didn't arrive at destination. Family heard he was in enforced quarantine, and passed the word along that he was held by authorities. Then panic ensued due to his occupation.

That's the story I expect to see thread itself through the facts we have.

If it were the case, they should of said it days ago.

Perhaps he has devised the whole thing to gain attention. Like washed out actresses caught shoplifting, just to get noticed again. Any news coverage can lead to more work.

CaptainDankness

Perhaps he has devised the whole thing to gain attention. Like washed out actresses caught shoplifting, just to get noticed again. Any news coverage can lead to more work.

No such thing as bad publicity. Lol, they definitely ain't selling the same amount of seeds as 10 years ago and CBD Crew is definitely taking a hit, cause everyone has CBD enriched seeds and clones these days. You really don't hear a lot about CBD Crew genetics in the US, you hear more about the cloned CBD varieties.

Definitely think he should have stuck with Mr. Nice, he could have some of the best genetics of 2021 if he wasn't busy with CBD Crew and keeping Mr. Nice's catalog down to the same 6 males for over 20 fucking years!!! Of course the people breeding forward are going to blow right by you, but I guess he does have the classics from the 90's. A great starting point to breed new varieties without any OG and diesel terpines for sure. He just had so much more potential. :cry:

madalasatori

Veteran

I’m grimly awaiting the sex tape :yoinks:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I’m grimly awaiting the sex tape :yoinks:

Yeah I'm thinking nothing to do with business or covid or it wouldn't be such a mystery.

1, Pot arrest is a time you get everyone behind you.
2, A covid detention isn't something you would start unexplained threads about.

3... Something you don't want people to know about

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
"I cut and pasted Sara's words to inform the community.

No I am not Sara

But I did see Shantibaba on Monday

Namaste "

Ganja 13 posted this on the 24th. So if he saw Shanti then all is well?

This whole thing is weird.

Cvh

Supermod
^I saw that message too on Mrnice forum that an ICMag member recently has met Shantibaba in person. Definitely something weird happening.

I still have hopes that it's just that Sara got the news herself that Shantibaba was detained and that she overreacted because she thought arrested but in reality it's just quarantine.

I guess time will tell. Let's all hope it's just quarantine. Good vibes for Shantibaba.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
If it were a story to be shared I'm sure he would be sharing it.

Cvh

Supermod
Me and a few others received today be following PM from Sara.
Image_1614871545.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Image_1614871545.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.2 KB ID:	17790449

Attachments

• Image_1614871545.jpg
    Image_1614871545.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 72

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Upsetting times...smiley face.

Still no hint of an explanation.

Shade avoidance at it's finest :)

Raho

Veteran
Very confusing.
Seems like some critical details were lost when somebody translated what Shanti said into english
<Insert funny GIF here>

Hempsmoke

No such thing as bad publicity. Lol, they definitely ain't selling the same amount of seeds as 10 years ago and CBD Crew is definitely taking a hit, cause everyone has CBD enriched seeds and clones these days. You really don't hear a lot about CBD Crew genetics in the US, you hear more about the cloned CBD varieties.

Definitely think he should have stuck with Mr. Nice, he could have some of the best genetics of 2021 if he wasn't busy with CBD Crew and keeping Mr. Nice's catalog down to the same 6 males for over 20 fucking years!!! Of course the people breeding forward are going to blow right by you, but I guess he does have the classics from the 90's. A great starting point to breed new varieties without any OG and diesel terpines for sure. He just had so much more potential. :cry:

Exactly, Mr. Nice is/was a pot of gold if shanti would just introduce a few new strains. Even if he would just cross some of his oldschool strains with an og, diesel, cookies or something else that's not so spectacular he would still make some decent cash if sold at a reasonable price.
Also his refusal to sell feminized seeds costs him a lot. Personally I don't mind growing regular seeds, but times changed and people love the convenience of growing purely female seeds.
He could make the Mr Nice seedbank great again, instead it's just becoming more and more irrelevant, which I find sad.

CaptainDankness

Definitely nothing special about Mr. Nice remaining a regular breeder for sure. I'm looking at some of these guys work all over the US and they are going F4+ with regular seeds and just blowing away anything from Mr. Nice with crazy terpine profiles. I've grown a lot of Mr. Nice seeds, but the Black Widow doesn't even compare to the frost on GG#4 and the terpines are just so much stronger than anything he has and the Venom OG stinks to high heaven like a woman with way too much perfume, I almost don't like it. Lol
you want mild smelling cannabis that's still pretty good potency wise Mr. Nice, you want to stink up 2 city blocks, USA all day. But who knows, his daughter is on the forum likes weed, eventually she's going to try a good OG and say fuck your old school genetics, a bit like DJ Shorts son, he's mixing California genetics to his dad's work just too rich for my blood, clones are cheaper and so is Blueberry Muffins from Humboldt Seed Company which sounds better than DJ's Blueberry, just can't seem to find the seeds in stock anywhere, but after the Venom OG cut that came from them I got to grab a few packs of seeds from them.

Hempsmoke

Definitely nothing special about Mr. Nice remaining a regular breeder for sure. I'm looking at some of these guys work all over the US and they are going F4+ with regular seeds and just blowing away anything from Mr. Nice with crazy terpine profiles. I've grown a lot of Mr. Nice seeds, but the Black Widow doesn't even compare to the frost on GG#4 and the terpines are just so much stronger than anything he has and the Venom OG stinks to high heaven like a woman with way too much perfume, I almost don't like it. Lol
you want mild smelling cannabis that's still pretty good potency wise Mr. Nice, you want to stink up 2 city blocks, USA all day. But who knows, his daughter is on the forum likes weed, eventually she's going to try a good OG and say fuck your old school genetics, a bit like DJ Shorts son, he's mixing California genetics to his dad's work just too rich for my blood, clones are cheaper and so is Blueberry Muffins from Humboldt Seed Company which sounds better than DJ's Blueberry, just can't seem to find the seeds in stock anywhere, but after the Venom OG cut that came from them I got to grab a few packs of seeds from them.

Well to be fair I should say , since there are lots of feminized seeds seedbanks, the quality of the average plant is higher than any regular seeds back in the days.
​​Since you already know the quality of the females involved in the cross you don't have to worry about the male passing some of the desired characteristics to his progeny (thats why breeders used a proven male over and over again).