What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Update on Shanti baba from Sara

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
you want mild smelling cannabis that's still pretty good potency wise Mr. Nice, you want to stink up 2 city blocks, USA all day.

Mr Nice doesn't represent Europe. We have plenty of breeders winning cups. The pond is tiny. Anything decent on one side is on the other within hours. Seeded and renamed within weeks. There is just no advantage buying from either side. Both have the best and the worst.

CaptainDankness

Mr Nice doesn't represent Europe. We have plenty of breeders winning cups. The pond is tiny. Anything decent on one side is on the other within hours. Seeded and renamed within weeks. There is just no advantage buying from either side. Both have the best and the worst.

Yeah, definitely true, Mr. Nice just sticks to the same old classic gene pool of the 80'-90's, meanwhile Karma, Barney's Farm, even Greenhouse are working with new genetics, all the Spanish companies too, they all end up with some of the best US genetics, I even heard we have the Exodus Cheese cut, that I'd love to find. Really, I bet the Nirvana US genetics are on point too, which is some shit when you think about Nirvana doing better work than Mr. Nice, but here we are.....

​​​

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Are the euros growing US genetics and making seeds, calling them the same strain? Besides the Seedbay, I have found a place in Spain that does a good job taking my moolahs and getting me seeds. Oaseeds is my go-to place for Ace genetics now. I have a nice order of Ace gear being processed as I type. Some seeds do come in little zip bags instead of legit packaging, but when they say "C99", do I really care?

I am only buying fems now, unless the genetics are killer and the price is right, such as some seeds I got off the bay from a breeder we won't mention by name.

I love the way they package their stuff. Old school smugglers.

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
flylowgethigh
I don't know of people pretending their seeds are from the original breeder, when they did them themselves. That's outright piracy.

If you wanted to sell seeds, what would you do? You have to get some plants from somewhere. Good plants. The best plants... So where do they come from. Another breeder I imagine.

I have had seeds from different breeders, under different names, that were the same plants but have to remain nameless.

It's well known that Black Widow is White Widow renamed. Nobody is hiding it. Though some people will of tried both without realising. It's because of a company break up.

Skunk #1 has had more names than any other plant alive. Many unstable plants will provide seeds that produce different phenotype's. People find one they like and rename it all the time. Perhaps doing some work to stabilise it, but in vein.

It's not a traditional legal business. It's traditionally illegal. That means people that break the law are often involved. Which means some of questionable moral standards will be attracted in to this market that on the whole avoids any regulation. It's only the big boys that are trying to copyright genetics in order to control them. Which is something most of us fear. We are happier as things are.

Edit: The Nottingham Seed Bank used to have pages of things nobody thought they could get, and dish out seeds that were thought to be bird seed. So while I don't know for sure, there will always be somebody willing to take the piss at many levels.