What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shanti baba has been detained !

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
A distressed Sara posted and said her dad shantibaba was detained in a different country and said the site will let members know any further developments.Then the thread is removed nothings said then this.

Well if shanti is in Australia no matter what he be sitting in hotel quarantine for 14 days from arrival and considering there are still 45.000 Australians still trying to get home as international borders are closed for the most part.

If he was in hotel quarantine he would have accesses to the internet and a phone its all very odd.

Hempsmoke

Maybe he just needed some more cash for his Australia vacation, so they spread some rumors to sell more seeds to the panic buyers?

I still hope all is well

Peace

Cvh

Supermod
Shantibaba is been posting again on his forum for a few weeks. All is ok.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Cheers Cvh. What plausible reason for his absence was given ?

Edit: She looked 18 to me? lol

Cvh

Supermod
Cheers Cvh. What plausible reason for his absence was given ?

Edit: She looked 18 to me? lol

Family emergency he needed to attend in Australia.

Probably got quarantined or something because of Covid-19 measures and his daughter that then overreacted/misunderstood at first.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Family emergency he needed to attend in Australia.

Probably got quarantined or something because of Covid-19 measures and his daughter that then overreacted/misunderstood at first.

In quarantine you have accesses to phones and the Internet the only restriction you have is leaving your apartment and having contact with others with in a 14 day period you are then tested and allowed into the general population.

Every one entering is quarantined unless they have an exemption and then are allowed to do it at there residence.

Sarah posting then having her post removed what 2 weeks later made it seam even odder.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Yeah... I'm not having it. He was detained with no connection to the outside world. That only means one thing

CaptainDankness

Yeah... I'm not having it. He was detained with no connection to the outside world. That only means one thing

You thinking he made a deal with the authorities? Lol, Definitely strange how he was detained and suddenly the whole thread erased without a real explanation of what happened, everything is just fine and dandy, he was just on vacation....

​​​​​​I know if that happened to someone on the street I'd avoid them like they had Covid. LMAO, but I haven't purchased seeds from him in a few years so I'm not too worried, figure I'm better off spending money on breeders that are actually breeding the plant. He hasn't done shit for selection in the last 20 years, just pollyhybrids from the 90's. Arjan does more work. LMAO

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
No, I don't suspect that. I just know what I heard, and what I didn't.
Most English speakers don't say detained unless it's an arrest at customs. Generally for a prior crime. It's the crime that's of interest here .

If I tell you I was detained, you say "what for" if I don't tell you. It's a reflex reaction. The news of arrest is always accompanied by the reason, especially when the words going round a group of like minded individuals.

Separating the detention from the reason raises a flag.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
lets not speculate, if you don't have first hand info there isn't much to add here. sooner or later it will become clear.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Shantis a good guy at the end of the day his free and home with his family and that is what we would wont for any one but Sarah posting and her post being removed the way it was was weird and all the rest the mods and admin did that for a reason and that is were the confusion lye's .