What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

We won!

clearheaded

one good thing is that many countries made it illegal just because of the states telling them to. so them getting looser will help other countries loosen things up..hopefully. canada went against UN drug laws and of course smaller countries would be scared to go against the states/un treaties.

BongFu

one good thing is that many countries made it illegal just because of the states telling them to. so them getting looser will help other countries loosen things up..hopefully. canada went against UN drug laws and of course smaller countries would be scared to go against the states/un treaties.

That's for certain. It is hard to sustain laws that were built on lies when all the scientific evidence undermines these lies.

LNG

It would depend on how they legislated it but in the true nature of globalisation I expect it would be a relatively open market driven by commodity prices - the Democrats afterall tending to be ideologically true to neoliberalism and as such globalisation.

The problem with US prices is they are dictated by high production costs when compared with much lower offshore production costs which means US producers cannot compete on a price point basis with offshore producers. For example, field grown cannabis in Colombia or now Mexico (coming soon) used in extraction. I actually know of one Colombian company selling a kg of 90% THC extract for $1,500.00. Predictive modelling also tells us that made in the USA cannot compete against the price points of e.g. made in Mexico etc.

Either way only time will tell.
One would think of reduced production costs? How do you reduce the cost on something grown outside? Is that due to land cost which would one off purchase?

MCGold

states rights IS a GOP centerpiece until a state or DC wants to give their citizens a freedom that GOP dinosaurs do not like... IF McConnell allowed votes on shit he does not like, he would not be the current Senate head, subject to change. he provides political cover for Senators that tell constituents "well, i WOULD vote for that , but Senate leadership won't let us even talk about it..."

exactly. McConnell is ONLY there to give other politicians an out when pressed by their constituents on certain laws like you stated. they KNOW that McConnell is a shoe in to win his next election regardless of how he runs the Senate and that is the sole reason he maintains his position.

MCGold

Sad to say but it's inevitable, I'm sure the Black Market will do just fine and unless they crack down on home grown via smart meters, so will we. ;)

I dunno about that. People can always go solar and those smart meter's won't mean shit when you are not on the grid and also there will be zero reason for them to have a meter for you.

G

I agree with some of this. However, acknowledging that it was largely the US that pushed the UN to crack down on cannabis and other 'drugs', prohibitions, like hatred and ignorance of other types, sometimes take on lives of their own.

When governments actively lie to their people for policy's sake, whether the lie is perpetrated for 10, 20, 30, 50, or hundreds of years, once that government, almost any government, has willfully joined a lie, they lose face to back out of it, because that requires at least SOME addressing of their past dishonesty, one way or another.

The UN was a lackey to the US effort toward global or more broad economic, social, and immigration control via prohibitionist policies.

And the UN vote to remove cannabis from the dangerous drugs list was only 2 votes away from tied. I think it was 57 to 55, to remove ganja from the list that it never should have been on in the first place.

But the liars, deniers, power gropers and manipulators are doing what we all will do... dying as they age... Thank heavens!!

SamsonsRiddle

I agree with some of this. However, acknowledging that it was largely the US that pushed the UN to crack down on cannabis and other 'drugs', prohibitions, like hatred and ignorance of other types, sometimes take on lives of their own.

When governments actively lie to their people for policy's sake, whether the lie is perpetrated for 10, 20, 30, 50, or hundreds of years, once that government, almost any government, has willfully joined a lie, they lose face to back out of it, because that requires at least SOME addressing of their past dishonesty, one way or another.

The UN was a lackey to the US effort toward global or more broad economic, social, and immigration control via prohibitionist policies.

And the UN vote to remove cannabis from the dangerous drugs list was only 2 votes away from tied. I think it was 57 to 55, to remove ganja from the list that it never should have been on in the first place.

But the liars, deniers, power gropers and manipulators are doing what we all will do... dying as they age... Thank heavens!!

wtf are you talking about? the un started the drug schedules and the u.s. adopted their drug schedule almost word for words less than 10 years later. next are you going to say the u.s. is leading gun control and not the u.n.?

BongFu

One would think of reduced production costs? How do you reduce the cost on something grown outside? Is that due to land cost which would one off purchase?

Labour costs and the cost of living etc. Lower taxes and yes sure cheaper land. There's a whole bunch of reasons developing countries are able to undercut Western produced prices.

LNG

Labour costs and the cost of living etc. Lower taxes and yes sure cheaper land. There's a whole bunch of reasons developing countries are able to undercut Western produced prices.
But then US doesn't seem to be a country with the highest land cost, cost of of living may be different, but I am, quite honestly, unsure of these factors.
Perhaps its worth to get some sort of average price chart per oz in particular country.
I seem to have heard of unofficial international finance statistics.
The way I see it could work is same way as production in any other industry perhaps.
Where you would have mum and dad/part time grow a long with pension/day job.
Hardly surviving medium sized "farm"...
Or fair sized operations with shares and investors. The situation definitely wont stay as ?easy? as now....
It is always a trade off, surely there would be a selling point for homegrown stuff too that can compete with offshore production?

BongFu

But then US doesn't seem to be a country with the highest land cost, cost of of living may be different, but I am, quite honestly, unsure of these factors.
Perhaps its worth to get some sort of average price chart per oz in particular country.
I seem to have heard of unofficial international finance statistics.
The way I see it could work is same way as production in any other industry perhaps.
Where you would have mum and dad/part time grow a long with pension/day job.
Hardly surviving medium sized "farm"...
Or fair sized operations with shares and investors. The situation definitely wont stay as ?easy? as now....
It is always a trade off, surely there would be a selling point for homegrown stuff too that can compete with offshore production?

I noted a Colombian company willing to supply wholesale kg's of 90% THC extract for $1,500.00 each. I think the US local market can hold its own in branded more costly boutique flower but this only represents a relatively small share of the market.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I noted a Colombian company willing to supply wholesale kg's of 90% THC extract for $1,500.00 each. I think the US local market can hold its own in branded more costly boutique flower but this only represents a relatively small share of the market.

I don't think that has any legs.
It's tough for companies in NA to produce a crop without having it recalled because of contaminants. I don't know how they'll do it in Colombia.

clearheaded

because it will be extracted.. extracts are very simple to clean up (illegal labs even can do a great job) and meet or exceed standards. whats tuff is edibles, because some of the ingredients dont cut the mustard :) ie fermented cocoa..

1 cfu are not seen if heated. which is how they test ie could have mycotoxins but dont think they test unless fails cfu test and why irradiation works..90% thc there isnt much room for anything to cause a fail think cbd isolate. esp if using co2 and or ethanol (which is required in canada atm, no butane etc) run through a silica filter irradiate for good measure and bobs ur uncle. yes they even can clean pesticides etc. which is what would be my concern from the USA spraying coca and cannabis feilds for decades.

BongFu

I don't think that has any legs.
It's tough for companies in NA to produce a crop without having it recalled because of contaminants. I don't know how they'll do it in Colombia.

True on that. I know of at least two foreign entities who have been caught out on pesticide screens in foreign markets. It will depend on how they produce and what practices they implement to meet Western standards. Interesting though in that with Fed regulations the EPA will become involved in pesticide regulations which may mean the landscape changes. The States regulate with minimum risk pesticides meaning botanicals, microbials, agents such as hydrogen peroxide, phosphorous acid etc but then looking at Canadian Fed legalisation there is scope for the use of quite a few pesticides that would be deemed non compliant under the US State regulations that exist now.

Last edited:

BongFu

because it will be extracted.. extracts are very simple to clean up (illegal labs even can do a great job) and meet or exceed standards. whats tuff is edibles, because some of the ingredients dont cut the mustard :) ie fermented cocoa..

1 cfu are not seen if heated. which is how they test ie could have mycotoxins but dont think they test unless fails cfu test and why irradiation works..90% thc there isnt much room for anything to cause a fail think cbd isolate. esp if using co2 and or ethanol (which is required in canada atm, no butane etc) run through a silica filter irradiate for good measure and bobs ur uncle. yes they even can clean pesticides etc. which is what would be my concern from the USA spraying coca and cannabis feilds for decades.

Not correct. The testing equipment in use now is so sensitive it is near impossible to distillate off pesticides to the extent they won't be found.