Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We won!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by LNG View Post
    But then US doesn't seem to be a country with the highest land cost, cost of of living may be different, but I am, quite honestly, unsure of these factors.
    Perhaps its worth to get some sort of average price chart per oz in particular country.
    I seem to have heard of unofficial international finance statistics.
    The way I see it could work is same way as production in any other industry perhaps.
    Where you would have mum and dad/part time grow a long with pension/day job.
    Hardly surviving medium sized "farm"...
    Or fair sized operations with shares and investors. The situation definitely wont stay as ?easy? as now....
    It is always a trade off, surely there would be a selling point for homegrown stuff too that can compete with offshore production?
    I noted a Colombian company willing to supply wholesale kg's of 90% THC extract for $1,500.00 each. I think the US local market can hold its own in branded more costly boutique flower but this only represents a relatively small share of the market.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by BongFu View Post
      I noted a Colombian company willing to supply wholesale kg's of 90% THC extract for $1,500.00 each. I think the US local market can hold its own in branded more costly boutique flower but this only represents a relatively small share of the market.
      I don't think that has any legs.
      It's tough for companies in NA to produce a crop without having it recalled because of contaminants. I don't know how they'll do it in Colombia.
      ---

      "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
      --Socrates

      Comment


        #33
        because it will be extracted.. extracts are very simple to clean up (illegal labs even can do a great job) and meet or exceed standards. whats tuff is edibles, because some of the ingredients dont cut the mustard ie fermented cocoa..

        1 cfu are not seen if heated. which is how they test ie could have mycotoxins but dont think they test unless fails cfu test and why irradiation works..90% thc there isnt much room for anything to cause a fail think cbd isolate. esp if using co2 and or ethanol (which is required in canada atm, no butane etc) run through a silica filter irradiate for good measure and bobs ur uncle. yes they even can clean pesticides etc. which is what would be my concern from the USA spraying coca and cannabis feilds for decades.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
          I don't think that has any legs.
          It's tough for companies in NA to produce a crop without having it recalled because of contaminants. I don't know how they'll do it in Colombia.
          True on that. I know of at least two foreign entities who have been caught out on pesticide screens in foreign markets. It will depend on how they produce and what practices they implement to meet Western standards. Interesting though in that with Fed regulations the EPA will become involved in pesticide regulations which may mean the landscape changes. The States regulate with minimum risk pesticides meaning botanicals, microbials, agents such as hydrogen peroxide, phosphorous acid etc but then looking at Canadian Fed legalisation there is scope for the use of quite a few pesticides that would be deemed non compliant under the US State regulations that exist now.
          Last edited by BongFu; 12-09-2020, 03:31.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by clearheaded View Post
            because it will be extracted.. extracts are very simple to clean up (illegal labs even can do a great job) and meet or exceed standards. whats tuff is edibles, because some of the ingredients dont cut the mustard ie fermented cocoa..

            1 cfu are not seen if heated. which is how they test ie could have mycotoxins but dont think they test unless fails cfu test and why irradiation works..90% thc there isnt much room for anything to cause a fail think cbd isolate. esp if using co2 and or ethanol (which is required in canada atm, no butane etc) run through a silica filter irradiate for good measure and bobs ur uncle. yes they even can clean pesticides etc. which is what would be my concern from the USA spraying coca and cannabis feilds for decades.
            Not correct. The testing equipment in use now is so sensitive it is near impossible to distillate off pesticides to the extent they won't be found.

            Comment

            Working...
            X