What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A VP Kamala Harris Might Lead To Marijuana Legalization

hellfire

I've said it before here and I'll say it again I am not voting for any law that legalizes and places limits on growing. It is a plant, I don't need the government telling me what I can do with it and then have them turn around to make money off of a community we all built without them.

Amynamous

The official dim platform still does not recognize the herb as being anything but another way to squeeze taxes from people, and support the medical industrial complex.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2020-10-06/why-dnc-still-fence-about-drug-law-reform-2020

Write the WH website, and demand pot be taken off the fed sch I. This coup has shown how corrupt the federal agencies are, and how Trump will fight them. The DEA is fighting for their very survival, and Trump has the power to get them off our backs.

Just write and tell him it is the right thing to do, by leaving it to the states.

States Rights is a cornerstone of republican ideals.
Moscow Mitch is keeping legislation from being voted on in the Senate.
I believe it already passed the House.
:tiphat:

I've said it before here and I'll say it again I am not voting for any law that legalizes and places limits on growing. It is a plant, I don't need the government telling me what I can do with it and then have them turn around to make money off of a community we all built without them.

There are federal limits on home brewing, home growing of tobacco, etc.
I would expect federal limitations on home growing of cannabis as well.
I hope it is left to the states.

PS. Harris publicly stated last night that they would deschedule marijuana if they’re elected.
I believe that’s a first.

mowood3479

Veteran
States Rights is a cornerstone of republican ideals.
Moscow Mitch is keeping legislation from being voted on in the Senate.
I believe it already passed the House.
:tiphat:

There are federal limits on home brewing, home growing of tobacco, etc.
I would expect federal limitations on home growing of cannabis as well.
I hope it is left to the states.

PS. Harris publicly stated last night that they would deschedule marijuana if they’re elected.
I believe that’s a first.

Ya well her boss dementia joe said two weeks ago that there wasn’t enough science to take cannabis of schedule 1..
So perhaps Kamala needs to change joes tune in her habitual cop way

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kamala Harris/ pitiful Pence debate:

"We will decriminalize marijuana and we will expunge the records of those who have been convicted of marijuana," she said.

The position is likely the strongest any major-party candidate for president or vice president has taken to date on the issue in such a prominent venue."

Hopeful and needed.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The official dim platform still does not recognize the herb as being anything but another way to squeeze taxes from people, and support the medical industrial complex.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2020-10-06/why-dnc-still-fence-about-drug-law-reform-2020

Write the WH website, and demand pot be taken off the fed sch I. This coup has shown how corrupt the federal agencies are, and how Trump will fight them. The DEA is fighting for their very survival, and Trump has the power to get them off our backs.

Just write and tell him it is the right thing to do, by leaving it to the states.

ZEROHEDGE has little credibility.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
ZEROHEDGE has little credibility.

..with liberals. There, fixed it for you.

I have written the WH.guv website ans asked thenm otake the wind out of biden' sails and take THC off sch I.

Have you? Once the dems are in, talk of a dope free of fed.guv restrictions will fade. Nadler already showed their ass, tax tax tax.

White Beard

Check me on this, but as far as I’ve been able to discover, ALL “legalizations” have been dominated by huge-money players - who are historically and overwhelmingly *conservative*, at least in the sense of throttling the goose and keeping all the eggs. It is and has been the case that “conservative” politicians and voices have driven prohibition and ALL its excesses, now including private prisons with their guaranteed occupancy rates (hard to make money off slave labor if you don’t have enough slaves, eh?).

You slam the “dims” for their platform stand on cannabis: how about dishing up the “goobers” platform stand on the same subject? The DEA is and has been a cornerstone of the militarized state since Reagan and before, they are hardly “fighting for their lives”...and as far as Trump “fighting federal agencies” goes, the only ones he’s NOT fighting are law-enforcement, so you seem to have your head on backwards with this.

I’d me more sympathetic to “leaving it to the states” if it weren’t for the fact that most anti cannabis legislation *FOLLOWED* federal pressure, the states didn’t lead it - except in those states that used prohibition to keep the heel on the Hispanic population.

You keep citing zerohedge as if they had legitimacy: have you actually *READ* Jack Herer? If you’re going to talk about cannabis prohibition, you owe it to yourself and the people who can hear you to digest “The Emperor Has No Clothes” - and let it adjust your opinions.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Dude, I have turned so many people on to that free link on the Herer site.

Have YOU emailed the WH and asked them to take THC off sch I like they dd hemp?

It is the only way the herb will be free in this country, is if the feds just get out of the way.

The dims will never do that, because you can't then tax what they took away. The pukes just have their heads up their asses (but a lot of conservatives enjoy feeling good from cannabis).

Trump is our best hope. There is a reason everybody in DC hates him and have been trying to keep him from upsetting the deep state applecart. You liberals should appreciate the sacrifice he is making, for you too if yu are still an American. If you are a freeloading foreigner, sorry but the money has run out. And we are bringing our military back home, where they belong.

White Beard

Ya well her boss dementia joe said two weeks ago that there wasn’t enough science to take cannabis of schedule 1..
So perhaps Kamala needs to change joes tune in her habitual cop way
The cop-fetishism/LEO-hate is pretty schizophrenic...maybe y’all could go in together and get a group diagnosis?

..with liberals. There, fixed it for you.

I have written the WH.guv website ans asked thenm otake the wind out of biden' sails and take THC off sch I.

Have you? Once the dems are in, talk of a dope free of fed.guv restrictions will fade. Nadler already showed their ass, tax tax tax.
“Tax, tax, tax”...name ONE state legalization that hasn’t been all about the TAXES on the one hand, and the BANK on the other.

As for your contact with the WH - brave of you to petition, but...cannabis should be DESCHEDULED ENTIRELY, taking it off schedule 1 leaves it it nearly the same legal limbo, and I’m pretty sure your cop buddies won’t suddenly have a change of heart because of it. Try standing for something meaningful.

White Beard

My position in a nutshell. Descheduling makes “legalization” a moot point - and sidesteps the in-state legislative monopoly grabs if it’s done right. As far as the “states-rights” angle, to me the NINTH amendment means the STATES have no business regulating cannabis outside of normal, ordinary commerce.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weed stocks surge as Kamala Harris vows to decriminalize pot in debate
Thu, October 8, 2020, 8:25 PM MDT
By Shariq Khan

(Reuters) - U.S.-listed shares of major cannabis producers surged on Thursday after Democratic vice president nominee Kamala Harris said marijuana would be decriminalized at a federal level in the United States under a Biden administration.

During Wednesday night's debate with Vice President Mike Pence, Harris said she and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden would also expunge the criminal records of people convicted of marijuana-related offences in the past.

Cannabis stock tracker MJ ETF <MJ.P> rose 5.5% to mark its best session since early June, while Tilray Inc <TLRY.O> jumped 19.2% on the Nasdaq. U.S.-listed shares of Canopy Growth Corp <WEED.TO>, Aphria Inc <APHA.TO> and Aurora Cannabis Inc <ACB.TO> closed between 10% and 13% higher.

Even though many U.S. states have legalized marijuana use, banks and other traditional financial institutions have so far largely refused to work with the industry as cannabis is still a classified substance at the federal level.

"Access to safe banking will transform the industry, freeing up capital markets for investment and reducing the risk of operating a cannabis business," said Keith Cich, co-founder of cannabis-related products manufacturer Sunderstorm Inc.

Regulatory issues have also restricted cash availability for companies in the nascent sector at a time when they are struggling with a lack of profitability due to high costs.

"From a business perspective, (decriminalization) will level the playing field by allowing companies to expense normal operational costs instead of being taxed on gross profit," said Sam Armenia, vice president at producer C21 Investments Inc <CXXI.CD>.

Harris, who has supported cannabis decriminalization even before Biden picked her as his running mate, is the lead sponsor of the Marijuana Opportunity, Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act of 2019, which sought to end federal prohibition of marijuana.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Cops rule

They come in in military gear, in military vehicles, guns drawn, scaring the shit out of families shooting peoples dogs, a show of force. Yes some growers grow way to much, have guns, and don’t belong here just using the valley, but most are just people growing some cannabis. I don’t think cops rule...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They come in in military gear, in military vehicles, guns drawn, scaring the shit out of families shooting peoples dogs, a show of force. Yes some growers grow way to much, have guns, and don’t belong here just using the valley, but most are just people growing some cannabis. I don’t think cops rule...

Amen!

'Boogieman'

What is wrong about having a gun for self protection when growing a plant people might rob you for?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Or the cash. My NorCal farmer buddy is a gun guy. What's wrong with guns? We aren't all Chuck Norris, and sometimes they come in numbers.

White Beard

A matter of perspective, I think: some people have guns (like, say, me) and some people have GUNS, as in armory and arsenal. There really is a difference...and it’s not entirely about risk

armedoldhippy

Veteran
if your firearms are legal (not illegally converted full-autos) then i see no problems, regardless of how many you own. that bullshit is just another excuse for cops/prosecutors to hammer an otherwise law-abiding citizen for saying "fuck you" to power...