What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A VP Kamala Harris Might Lead To Marijuana Legalization

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kind of difficult to "choose" a Democrat, esp. after the 13 that were on stage earlier, and they all surrendered. Corrie Booker or Andrew Yang were my choices.

Big M

I agree that it would be great if weed were as legal as tomatoes, but in reality, that's never going to happen in the US. I think if we could get to where Michigan is at regulation wise, it would be a blessing, and best case scenario.

Decriminalization is better than nothing, and for people like me, expungement would be a blessing. Big money never wants us to legally grow our own at home, so it will probably never fly federally, unless they follow the Illinois regulations on home growing. If they gave us federal medical with permission to grow our own, I'm sure we could all find doctors sympathetic to the cause.

It would be devastating to see a legal US controlled by a big pharma/tobacco type system. I can't even say that at least it would be legal and convenient to obtain without having nightmares of our sacred plant being turned into a scourge of society, just like happened with tobacco. We need to be vocal to our legislators that not only do we need to legalize, we must allow people the right to grow their own. From a safety and quality standpoint, I would never want to give anything to my loved ones that I didn't make myself. People should never have to pay astronomical prices for their medicine, when they could make their own clean, safe medicine themselves for very little to almost no cost at all.

dollie1223

She Gets My vote

She Gets My vote

she will get my vote for sure <a href="https://www.thehempnurse.com/" rel="nofollow ugc"> thc-free cbd </a>

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No way Kamala is is gonna win. More Trump and business as usual. Kamala locked up people for pot if you remember. Guess she sucks a mean willie so not useless. Willie did not support her for president so I guess she only worked the tip and lacked deep convictions. Spit or swallow, you be the judge.

Joe and her are the archetypal political mooches. Both being used by the far left part of their party. Trump has lost money being president. What is a billion here or there though. Pelosi has a fortune now after decades of 'service', pays being a public servant.

Trump should just legalize the weed of course, but doubt he will. He hates drugs and has the religious fundamentalist/idiots base to consider. I remember the hysteria here when his elfin AG threatened pot users, hehe. Those were the days. The dems will legalize pot but just about everything else is crap with them. I should know being in California.

PDX Dopesmoker

The Democrats have been promising pot legalization for 50 years. Here in Oregon pot legalization was passed over the heads of the local Democratic party by ballot measure, all the top Democrats spoke out against the ballot measure in the lead up to voting.
Harry Anslinger got his start in the Woodrow Wilson administration.
Its not even within the authority of the president to legalize pot, the UN commission on narcotic drugs is the group which controls drug scheduling for nations that are members of the single convention on narcotic drugs. Thats how Anslinger set it all up. One of the biggest reasons that national or international legalization has no realistic chance of ever happening is that almost all of the proponents don't have any idea who they should be making their demands to. Every seat in congress has someone running for it promising weed legalization too, but congress isn't the authority either, its the UN commission on narcotic drugs which controls drug scheduling for nations that are members of the single convention on narcotic drugs that matters.
Maybe one day legalization will come and all of the proponents will finally be able to start growing and smoking weed like they've always wanted too

herbgreen

Veteran
I think Biden has promised Not to legalize weed

He also said Let me be clear I am Not against Fracking

And Nothing will fundamentally change

No Medicare for All

And just whatever, whatever, and whatever with this guy

Fuck em

Hopefully its Trump and they can just neutralize his ass for 4 years.... Then we can start over!

But thats not too Likely the way the dems bend over for the latest budget etc...

@least its not Ted Cruz or even Jeb Bush

Trump does have distinct entertainment value!

I will be prepared to LMAO during these upcoming debates... That is if that goddamn Pelosi doesnt fuck it up

George Carlin says it so well here... starting @ 7:45 check it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLODGhEyLvk

x

Dognponyshow

And Nothing will fundamentally change

No Medicare for All
x

It is the "change" that is the problem. The change I refer to is the taking the dinner from peter to give to paul after peter just had paul over for dinner last night.

The point is, people are inherently generous with others whom they like. They are EVEN more so when someone they don't like is really in a time of NEED and not WANT.

Perhaps it might be best to stop taking things from people that would otherwise be giving even more than that which was taken.

The very notion of I know what to do with YOUR money better than YOU do (so long as you pay me for that service of course) is in itself the reason you have to WANT for anything. The person providing the Service receives 100% of a salary. Usury in it's truest form.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
No way Kamala is is gonna win. More Trump and business as usual. Kamala locked up people for pot if you remember. Guess she sucks a mean willie so not useless. Willie did not support her for president so I guess she only worked the tip and lacked deep convictions. Spit or swallow, you be the judge.

Joe and her are the archetypal political mooches. Both being used by the far left part of their party. Trump has lost money being president. What is a billion here or there though. Pelosi has a fortune now after decades of 'service', pays being a public servant.

Trump should just legalize the weed of course, but doubt he will. He hates drugs and has the religious fundamentalist/idiots base to consider. I remember the hysteria here when his elfin AG threatened pot users, hehe. Those were the days. The dems will legalize pot but just about everything else is crap with them. I should know being in California.

The best outcome for cannabis that has over 0.3% THC is the feds just take it off the fed schedule. They did it with CBD. Try writing YOUR White House and suggesting that the feds need to just get out of the way and let the states decide amongst themselves.

The dims 5% tax is just the start. Income tax was temporary and very small too, look at it now. They can't tax growing, so that will be restricted like beer/wine/shine are/were.

Trump wants to get re-elected, and has the power to expand the "hemp" executive order. It would take the wind right out of kameltoe's sails.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Go Trump!!!!

"Go directly to jail; do not pass go, do not collect $200" Orange card for Agent Orange that SDNY is patiently awaiting his arrival, Feb or March 2021.

43 more days until election.
43 more days of daily tantrums, lies and folly.

44>45
86~45

Attachments

• 20171230 113919
    20171230 113919
    63.9 KB · Views: 51
  • download (15).jpg
    download (15).jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 45

mowood3479

Veteran
"Go directly to jail; do not pass go, do not collect $200" Orange card for Agent Orange that SDNY is patiently awaiting his arrival, Feb or March 2021.

43 more days until election.
43 more days of daily tantrums, lies and folly.

44>45
86~45
Fed thoughts

EastFortRock

If you distilled it down to which party hurts or helps me the most, instead of looking at personality’s or morals. The Democrats have hurt me the most. More taxes- Democrats. Public land closed to off road motorcycles-Democrats. More restrictive covid laws-Democrats. Obama care health care prices-Democrats. Restrictive gun laws -Democrats. The people in Oregon got cannabis legalized by referendum , no help from politicians. Your experience with how a political party personally effects you may be different.

Nannymouse

420giveaway
Never seem to find mice self in a blue state.

I would welcome a strong third party...i think. Maybe a 'Moms and Grammas' party.

Obama was my favorite pres, overall, but he really let me down on the MJ thing. I expect that the same will happen under the Biden/Harris admin. Hope for better, tho.

Lyfespan

I would welcome a strong third party...i think. Maybe a 'Moms and Grammas' party.

Obama was my favorite pres, overall, but he really let me down on the MJ thing. I expect that the same will happen under the Biden/Harris admin. Hope for better, tho.

third parties just get blocked or unrepresented on the ballots, whatever helps either one of the other 2 parties fulfill their wants.

example Pennsylvania, and alaska

mowood3479

Veteran

Ya besides the rabid mmj prosecutions, the non stop drone bombing of non combatants, the billion dollar banker bailouts and the multiple wars he started he did an excellent job.

OilGuy

It's hard to be too optimistic about Federal legalization, especially in this trashfire of a year. But hey, here's hoping!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The official dim platform still does not recognize the herb as being anything but another way to squeeze taxes from people, and support the medical industrial complex.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2020-10-06/why-dnc-still-fence-about-drug-law-reform-2020

Write the WH website, and demand pot be taken off the fed sch I. This coup has shown how corrupt the federal agencies are, and how Trump will fight them. The DEA is fighting for their very survival, and Trump has the power to get them off our backs.

Just write and tell him it is the right thing to do, by leaving it to the states.