What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A VP Kamala Harris Might Lead To Marijuana Legalization

mowood3479

Veteran
That's only ONE person's opinion- yours. Decriminalization of cannabis, getting DEA/HHS, and other departments to review the SCHEDULE I and remove, both cannabis and psychotropic mushrooms (seeing great success treating several mental imbalances clinically) from that list to say SCHEDULE III, as both are considered as medicinally purposeful.

Mo, stop targeting me with the 'FED' thing.

Just speaking truth to power brother...
And Im only repeating information you decided to share on this forum.
Or is that not cool as well?
U govt guys have so many rules. It’s hard to keep up

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just speaking truth to power brother...
And Im only repeating information you decided to share on this forum. In any fallacious incorrect manner, Mo. ;o)
Or is that not cool as well?
U govt guys have so many rules. It’s hard to keep up

And you've misquoted me/targeted me in your angry misguided rants, or you cannot comprehend.

Legalization Advocacy Group Demands Biden Appoint A Marijuana-Friendly Attorney General from NORML. A leading marijuana reform organization is demanding that President-elect Joe Biden appoint an attorney general who will take a hands-off approach to state cannabis policies, grant relief to those convicted over low-level possession and recognize the failures of prohibition.

Former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang said on Wednesday that while President-elect Joe Biden has a “relatively middle-of-the-road” position on marijuana reform, he's optimistic about the prospects of a federal policy change under the incoming administration.

At a National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) business summit, Yang also discussed his own political future, legalization as a means to boost the economy amid the coronavirus pandemic, a cannabis strain that was named after him and the implications of state-level legalization victories on Election Day.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
too much money in it for the privileged insiders....

Gotta get all the wording and the details worked out first....

Don't count on any new laws that may get passed helping you out very much...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
pharma supports the same guy who did the 1994 crime bill that locked up a disproportionate number of young black men.
he and his masters will never remove cannabis from the Schedule1 classification.
period, full stop.
Drop the beat!

Rembetis

You guys happen to catch the new Documentary on BET? Kamala talks a lot of shit about change but now that they have been elected it is back to business as usual.

Remember this lying bitch 4 years from now when she wants our votes and promises reform.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... will there be truly peaceful protesters marching for this issue next Spring?

Would sure like to see that highlighted in the news! :tiphat:

yeah that, hold their feet to the fire, force the issue, make it news.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Joe Biden Leaves Cannabis Reform Out Of Updated Policy Pledges

<article role="article" class="node node--type-article node--view-mode-full"> <footer class="node__meta"> <article class="profile">
</article> by Tyler Durden
Thu, 11/19/2020 - 19:00

</footer></article>Authored by John Vibes via TheMindUnleashed.com,
It appears that President-elect Joe Biden may already be falling short on some of his campaign promises. When the Biden campaign released their transition plan, advocates immediately noticed that reform of cannabis laws was not stated in the plan, despite many promises on the campaign trail. While drug law reform and cannabis legalization are not specifically mentioned in the plan, it is possible that these issues could fall under the umbrella of criminal justice reform.
<source media="all and (min-width: 1280px)" type="image/png"><source media="all and (min-width: 480px)" type="image/png"><source media="all and (min-width: 1024px)" type="image/png"><source media="all and (min-width: 768px)" type="image/png"><source type="image/png">
Screen-Shot-2020-11-16-at-11.16.57-PM.png

The new page says Biden is working to “strengthen America’s commitment to justice, and reform our criminal justice system” and includes specific measures, such as a ban on police chokeholds and creating a national oversight commission to track law enforcement abuses, but cannabis legalization or decriminalization is mysteriously absent.
<aside id="article-outstream" style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; min-width: 1px; min-height: 1px; display: inline-block;" class="out-placement"></aside>​
His campaign site, which is still up and running, includes a section titled,“Plan for Black America” where he promises to “decriminalize the use of cannabis and automatically expunge all prior cannabis use convictions.”
The fact that this language was in the pre-election press release but missing from the most recent ones has many activists very concerned.
A Biden campaign spokesman told Marijuana Moment that “Nothing has changed,” and said that Biden has many important policy plans that are not officially listed on the website yet.
Activists have good reason to be concerned that Biden won’t follow through on his promise, considering that he was one of the architects of the drug war and has been against cannabis legalization throughout most of his career.
<aside id="in-content-1" style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; min-width: 1px; min-height: 1px; display: inline-block;" class="placement placement-embedded"></aside>​
Despite the changing attitudes towards cannabis legalization, people arrested for cannabis still make up a significant portion of cases that come through the country’s criminal court system.
According to the FBI’s recent Uniform Crime Report, more people were arrested for cannabis possession last year than for all violent crimes put together.
The data showed that 545,602 people were arrested in the US for cannabis-related crimes last year. Meanwhile, just 495,871 people were arrested for violent crimes.
Furthermore, the vast majority of the people who got arrested for cannabis were not accused of selling or trafficking the substance, but just for simple possession. 500,395 of the total cannabis arrests last year, or about 92%, were for possession, which is still more than the number of people who were arrested for violent crimes.
<aside id="in-content-2" style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; min-width: 1px; min-height: 1px; display: inline-block;" class="placement placement-embedded"></aside>​
Overall, cannabis arrests have been going down nationwide due to the spread of legalization. Last year, cannabis arrests were down by 18% when compared with 2018.

<aside class="newsletter-insert">As suspected, the FBI’s data showed that people were less likely to get arrested for cannabis in states where it was legal or available for medical use, with eastern states seeing far more arrests.
</aside> According to the report, roughly 53% of all cannabis arrests last year took place in the northeastern part of the country, where cannabis laws are still catching up with the west.
People of color are also at a greater risk of being targeted for cannabis arrests. According to a report from the ACLU, 2018 data showed that people of color were 3.6 times more likely to be arrested for cannabis possession than white people, despite using the substance at the same rates.

:scripture:

AspenGas

Biden was the champion of the Clinton Crime Bill which did more harm to the community that any law before or since.
Kamala is nothing but a petty tyrant, intoxicated by the power to destroy the lives of innocents in California. Those 2 together won't help anything, but it's not likely they would get a bill to sign anyway. Congress and the Senate will not be able to make it happen.
if anything good could have come from George Floyd, it would have been to end the war on cannabis.
Those 2 could have used momentum from that to support fixing things with an executive order (even though they are not inclined to do it.)

Opportunity lost.

Amynamous

Biden was the champion of the Clinton Crime Bill which did more harm to the community that any law before or since.
Kamala is nothing but a petty tyrant, intoxicated by the power to destroy the lives of innocents in California. Those 2 together won't help anything, but it's not likely they would get a bill to sign anyway. Congress and the Senate will not be able to make it happen.
if anything good could have come from George Floyd, it would have been to end the war on cannabis.
Those 2 could have used momentum from that to support fixing things with an executive order (even though they are not inclined to do it.)

Opportunity lost.
It’s complicated, but legalization will require legislation, not an EO. Someone will need to twist McConnell’s arm.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We went from a 'married' Clinton receiving BJ's in the oval office from an 'aide' to a VP or soon President? that gave BJ's to a married man, likely more to advance her career than a love of dongs in her mouth.

A nice comedy but in real terms for me or the country a potential tragedy. My hope is Biden or worse Kamala, will achieve the least possible in implementing their objectives. I think we know their ultimate objectives are all self oriented. They can not do half of what they promised without wrecking the economy and country, I think they know that really. All the giveaways and open border crap.

Really, I think pot might be one of the things Biden or Harris do get around to. The nation favors decriminalization or outright legalization overall. It is a win for them at this point. Other than removing a dangling carrot for future politicians to promise freeing the weed, they will just piss off some old time 'conservatives' and religious fanatics. Those were already lost to them. There are still a few mostly older left or liberal types that do not want pot legal, they are a dying and irrelevant group.

There is really nothing conservative about prohibition, just one part of society bullying another part about their personal choices. There was hashish residue found on ancient Jewish temple stones or alters. None of these wingnut types has any logical basis in reality for wanting pot banned. In Holland there is less percentage use of pot by minors or adults than US, I think Portugal is similar.

Initially there will be an uptick of use of pot after legalization but that will not last. Curiosity will be satisfied. Not that more use of pot would be bad imo.

igrowone

Veteran
We went from a 'married' Clinton receiving BJ's in the oval office from an 'aide' to a VP or soon President? that gave BJ's to a married man, likely more to advance her career than a love of dongs in her mouth.

A nice comedy but in real terms for me or the country a potential tragedy. My hope is Biden or worse Kamala, will achieve the least possible in implementing their objectives. I think we know their ultimate objectives are all self oriented. They can not do half of what they promised without wrecking the economy and country, I think they know that really. All the giveaways and open border crap.

Really, I think pot might be one of the things Biden or Harris do get around to. The nation favors decriminalization or outright legalization overall. It is a win for them at this point. Other than removing a dangling carrot for future politicians to promise freeing the weed, they will just piss off some old time 'conservatives' and religious fanatics. Those were already lost to them. There are still a few mostly older left or liberal types that do not want pot legal, they are a dying and irrelevant group.

There is really nothing conservative about prohibition, just one part of society bullying another part about their personal choices. There was hashish residue found on ancient Jewish temple stones or alters. None of these wingnut types has any logical basis in reality for wanting pot banned. In Holland there is less percentage use of pot by minors or adults than US, I think Portugal is similar.

Initially there will be an uptick of use of pot after legalization but that will not last. Curiosity will be satisfied. Not that more use of pot would be bad imo.
I feel the same on a number of your points
it will be a net political win for them
but will likely mean some sort of legalization lite
the legal framework will be determined in the states
but taxes will be extracted somehow, political win + new revenue = political wet dream, really is 'winning'

foo dog

I'm sure they've got a lot on their plate at the moment, with covid and the election etc, but you can expect slow and steady progress from Dems if nothing else. And I'm sure they're hoping for a majority in the senate before trying to perform too many miracles, so it may be that they hold off a few months before anything major happens. Dems are the party of reform remember, and it is NEVER popular, easy or politically safe to implement reforms, when the opposition can simply tear you down at every turn.

Latest posts

Latest posts