What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

kali mist :no resin on buds

joviman

week 9

kali m

Attachments

• cry.jpg
    cry.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 44

joviman

should i really wait for it ?

flowering on the strain can take 90 + days

& there is no sign of resin!

I'm in week 9 of flowering and also growing malwai strain and that one is full of resin, both received the exact same conditions.

can the fact that she have been pollinated & producing a lots of seeds be the reason for it not producing tricromes.

will there be any THC content if there is no resin

Attachments

• tri.jpg
    tri.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 43
Increase her sulfur intake along with an increase in cal/mag. Epsom salt and gypsum does the trick. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 20141101_041657.jpg
    20141101_041657.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 45

Scrappy-doo

Looks like you still have time on her bro just let her finish. Some plants just don't put out a lot of resin. Some just take long to flower. Doesn't mean the smoke won't be any good. She definitely needs more time though, at least that's how it looks from here.

How close is that top to your light?

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I've had this happen to me once when my water randomly got all rusty. I had huge plants with big yield but no resin to speak of. I know it was a nutrient issue because I was running clones that I had previously grown and they were just like they should be covered with resin in previous grows. A friend of mine had the same issue once when he used seaweed with iron by accident.

Another time I had a couple DJ short strains grow with no resin with no explanation, everything else was growing great except for these plants that grew big but no resin. I would just axe it and make room for something else.

IMO if they have no resin at this point in the game not much is going to change, good resin starts early in flower.

I think good resin is essential for flavor, smell and potency, anytime i have had plants like that they tasted like cardboard and couldnt get a gnat stoned.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
bin it. man I get worried if I don't see frost 2 weeks in. the bud looks fat so its probably not your fault but I wouldn't waste any more time on it tbh. good luck either way!

Skunkbeard

The thread was closed but you might find some helpful information seaching for "dudded plants". I had similar problems (no resin, no smell) and it was 100% environmental; heat stress and lack of humidity.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Either the seeding reduced the resin or more likely the plant was a dud. If you can clone the plant and flower it off unseeded you will know if the plant is a keeper or not. If not. toss the seeds you made already and find a better KM to seed. First confirm it is a keeper then seed it. I like Kali Mist when it is great.
-SamS

Jay Daga

I had similar thing with two PPP plants before. They grew very nicely and buds were bigger than I have grown earlier but amount of resin was extremely little. I think this happened because I gave too strong grow-fertilizer with plenty of nitrogen too late when flowering had started already nicely. It might be more common for sativa´ish plants, to be sensitive to nitrogen. This happened before also with one sativa-plant when I transplanted it to new too strong soil at beginning of flowering cycle.

Well, the plant will make good edibles or oil anyway. It would be pity to chop it already (especially when its full of seeds!) now..
I´d say, let it grow until the seeds are ready.

mukuku

peut être ajouter quelques electrolytes ...ça parait idiot comme ça mais on sait jamais.