What's new

Multi strain growout

Random_Manorman

Hello ICMag.

I have grand plans to grow 40 plants this year, 10 at a time over 4 grows.

Grow 1

Raspberry Diesel - Humboldt Seed Org
Romberry - Freedom of Seeds
Melonaid Zkittlez - The Plug Seedbank
Purple haze - G13 labs
Skywalker Og Kush - Reserva Privada Seeds
Chocolate Mint OG - Humboldt Seed Org
Sugarbreath - Humboldt Seed Org
Tropicanna Banana - Barneys Farm
French Cookies - T.H Seeds
Jellybean - TGA Genetics

Grow 2

EL Chapo - The Plug Seedbank
Baklava - The Plug Seedbank
Purple Diesel - Cali Connection Seeds
Orange Sherbert - Barneys Farm
Banana Sorbert - DNA Genetics
Purple Strawberry Bliss S1 - Pheno finder Seeds
Purple Strawberry Sherbert - Pheno finder Seeds
Masterkush - Dutch Passion Seeds
Strawberry Banana - Reserva Privada Seeds
Mimosa Evo - Barneys Farm

Grow 3

Banana Blaze x5 - Dutch Passion Seeds
Purple Queen x5 - Royal Queen seeds

Grow 4

Red Hot Cookies x4 - Sweet Seeds
French Macaron x6 T.H Seeds

Here's a quick snap of grow 1 so far, currently vegging under 400w in a 1.2. I grow in coco and use RO water and Shogun nutrients.

picture.php

picture.php

I have had some issues with the cold temps, some of the leaves are a little damaged, most likely from the cal mag foliar in conjunction with the cold.

picture.php

picture.php

This one was a few days ago, the temps had dropped to around 12°c

picture.php

My EC is around 1.0 at the last time I made up a solution, they have been on a feed at around 0.4, I'm using RO for the first-ish time, these Shogun nutrients seem to drop my pH down very low, pH 4.1 after making the feed up to the bottle guideline, even being a little on the conservative with the A & B. I also use Budlink @ 1ml per litre.

I'll update when I move these to my other tent and start grow 2. My main goal is to find 10 or so strains to keep as mums and rotate. I love dank, gassy, fruity strains, bit of a whore for a purps too.

Not sure if I'll use the Density, or try the Shogun PK booster.

Any advice for the flower stage booster would be appreciated.

R_M

Cactus Wes

I amend my coco with diatomaceous earth and bentonite clay, not much, I water it in periodically in veg and it buffers a low PH spike. The only thing is when it dries the PH of the coco rises, I find it saves me from needing to supplement cal mag though.

What flower boosters have you previously worked with?
That Density stuff looks like it would be handy for the last 2-3 weeks of feed before flush.

Random_Manorman

I amend my coco with diatomaceous earth and bentonite clay, not much, I water it in periodically in veg and it buffers a low PH spike. The only thing is when it dries the PH of the coco rises, I find it saves me from needing to supplement cal mag though.

What flower boosters have you previously worked with?
That Density stuff looks like it would be handy for the last 2-3 weeks of feed before flush.

I do have some DE, food grade too. I have worked with Canna pk 13/14 before, that's been my go to for most of my grows. I've tried various booster, Overdrive, bud candy, pk 9/18, big bud, the one thing I haven't tried is to just go with an A and B for the whole grow, they do say they are a complete feed solution, on most bottles..

What sort of mixing ratios do you recommend for the DE and Bentonite clay?

Cactus Wes

Tsp. Of each to 2L water, just to infuse the media. They say it's not soluble enough to be taken up by the plant, but it's the microbes that make it available. Clay is dense with minerals and contain microbial communities. I wouldn't give it more frequent then every ten days in veg. None in flower cause by then theres enough in the media.
I try to give veg nutes until the second week of bloom instead of a flower initiator.
I use a 0-39-30 for my PK booster.
A buddy told me to try it. Don't wanna give it too early; no good giving it too late.
A problem growers don't realise is that phosphorus locks out potassium. You water in the plant and its a race to absorb as much potassium as possible before the phosphorus locks it out.
When I first started with just the A&B I noticed there was always a part of flower where the buds looked like they weren't growing anymore, that's why.
Even with that bloom booster you'll have slightly bigger buds but it will reach a point where throwing more at it won't make it bigger. Because of the phosphorus buildup. It's usually a week or two before flush you want to supplement potassium to counter the lockout. Your best source of water soluble potassium is your PH up.
All I do for that is put 100ppm of PH up in my water first, then my nutes, then PH correct. Soon after though, the stems might collapse under the weight of the buds. Theres a video on Youtube, of a guy named Harley Smith of RAW nutrients discussing the science of it.
I swear ever since I learned that and feed that way I do better and better. I don't find my plants hit that stunted period anymore.
Really the only nutrients you need is base a&b nutes and PH up&down.

Random_Manorman

Tsp. Of each to 2L water, just to infuse the media. They say it's not soluble enough to be taken up by the plant, but it's the microbes that make it available. Clay is dense with minerals and contain microbial communities. I wouldn't give it more frequent then every ten days in veg. None in flower cause by then theres enough in the media.
I try to give veg nutes until the second week of bloom instead of a flower initiator.
A buddy told me to try it. Don't wanna give it too early; no good giving it too late.
A problem growers don't realise is that phosphorus locks out potassium. You water in the plant and its a race to absorb as much potassium as possible before the phosphorus locks it out.
When I first started with just the A&B I noticed there was always a part of flower where the buds looked like they weren't growing anymore, that's why.
Even with that bloom booster you'll have slightly bigger buds but it will reach a point where throwing more at it won't make it bigger. Because of the phosphorus buildup. It's usually a week or two before flush you want to supplement potassium to counter the lockout. Your best source of water soluble potassium is your PH up.
All I do for that is put 100ppm of PH up in my water first, then my nutes, then PH correct. Soon after though, the stems might collapse under the weight of the buds. Theres a video on Youtube, of a guy named Harley Smith of RAW nutrients discussing the science of it.
I swear ever since I learned that and feed that way I do better and better. I don't find my plants hit that stunted period anymore.

Wow, thank you for all the information. I will put it to good use. I'll grab some snaps from later and post an update..

Random_Manorman

So I@ve ended up with 5 extras since the last update. I know have a gushers, gelato 33, tropicanna cookies, sour diesel and a Northern lights blue auto in a pepsi bottle lol

Random_Manorman

20210412_211513.jpg
20210412_211428.jpg
20210412_212010.jpg
20210412_212021.jpg
20210409_002506.jpg

Few pictures from last week, around week 5 since I switched to 12/12

Underestimated the stretch for some of these strains and burnt a few tops and leaves here and there.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Any updates bro? I'm interested to see how some of the strains your running turned out sense I haven't seen any one else grow them on here

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran

Very interesting what you say, and helpful my friend. Thank you.😎