What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BP gone Hydro

scrogrow

Start of the 2nd round, Some root's starting to show. 1st time using a cloner. Cleaned it out it, Used 10 liters of UV treated water 5 ml hydroguard 5ml micro 6ml bloom GHE flora nutes, ph'ed 5.4-5-6 Exchanging water tank every 3 days. Cut the leaf's tip's, I also covered the propagation lid so the cutting's was shaded

Cutting the leaves and giving them less light, Help's them to put more energy into making root's than trying to grow. Same with the bloom. Potassium not Nitrogen.

View Image
View Image

The baby Strawberry Unicorn's. I have a sneaky suspicion the 4 that are separate could be male, They are a little lanky'er

View Image

Question about the cutting's would it be best to put them in a small rock wool cube from this point? I'm thinking about the best way not to damage root's transplanting. My net pot's are 6 inch And have small hands so could probably just use clay pebbles.

I'd say just give a few more days and go pebbles mate but that's just my opinion

BigPhil

Veteran
I'd say just give a few more days and go pebbles mate but that's just my opinion

Yeah boi that's what I was thinking let them grow a bit. They are small cutting's so I'll pick out the taller ones. try get them mid pot without any extra media other than pebbles. Will boil them this time around as well make sure they all clean and free of unwanted microbes.

scrogrow

Yeah boi that's what I was thinking let them grow a bit. They are small cutting's so I'll pick out the taller ones. try get them mid pot without any extra media other than pebbles. Will boil them this time around as well make sure they all clean and free of unwanted microbes.

I'd only use em three four times tops after that they hold some salts

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran

picture.php

BigPhil

Veteran

Hello Man aww it's being a rough ride. 2020 doing its thing. When I was transplanting I got distracted the cutting's ended up without any water for 3 hours. They went all floppy the roots was like cotton string ffs.... They all have root's showing now though, Through the net pots but man they look stressed out still.

They are looking underfeed, New growth is pointing upwards, leaves sides rolled upwards. Tips of the leaves are brown/dead... I think they probably used a lot of energy recovering from the transplant and are rough because of it.

But I could probably feed more.. My ppm's are @ 640, But my tap water has 350.

They have a the mo.. 175 liter's..

100 ml Hydroguard
18ml z7
100ml silica blast
120ml grow
100ml micro
60ml bloom

I think next water change. I will feed..

100ml hydroguard
18ml z7
60ml silica
150ml G
150ml M
150ml B

I think my water is rich in cal and mag as I don't have to use it much in coco.

This one has the best root system
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Strawberry Unicorn's
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The ones in the coco or compo look well the others look hungry curious which nutes you use m8 grow micro and bloom forgive if i missed it m8, when i done dwc i only used the grow and bloom to be honest but that was when using GHE pm sent too.:good:

BigPhil

Veteran
Yeah I don't run into many problems with coco. They are doing well.

They do look hungry. But also I don't understand the burnt tips. Could they have used energy from the leaves to get over the cotton string roots making them look hungry? Also could the dry tips be caused by lack of water? Zinc? It's been 10 days since they went in. I must of fucked them up because they have hardly grown. If I can't finish this one. I will go back 2 coco. When I get a crop out I'll invest in another single tent and master the hydro in that. Maybe it might be easier if I also invest in R'O.

I bought the 3 part ghe flora nutes.

Last edited:

BigPhil

Veteran
Well things was looking up. The plants was recovering nicely

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now this shit again......

picture.php

I'm done with Hydro only improvement I can think of doing now is getting a larger air pump.

Out with the Hydro in with Starwberry unicorn's back to the good olde coco

So frustrating, My mind is not in a happy place right now. omg rage

Last edited:

Dank Demon

Growing herb is a way of life!
Veteran
It's being an emotional ride hahahaha... And a waste of good money. But you never know if you don't try

Exactly mate!! If you dont try you dont know!! Like I said I tried it years ago and had a similar experience! For some people out there fully Hydro works with amazing results, but for others it turns to shit pretty quick. I guess its what your used to, I am coco til I die now lol.

Blazeee

Veteran
Exactly mate!! If you dont try you dont know!! Like I said I tried it years ago and had a similar experience! For some people out there fully Hydro works with amazing results, but for others it turns to shit pretty quick. I guess its what your used to, I am coco til I die now lol.

I know the feeling guys. I remember my first hydro grow, it was a shit show lol, wasnt even an rdwc system, i was tripping all over bubble buckets with with no way to drain them down lol. I did 1 grow ok, the 2nd came out terrible, I went straight back to soil after that and havent looked back since.

I saw a mate play around with his RDWC system, when he first bought it he pulled off an amazing first grow, every other one he did after that just went down hill and he was never able to replicate those results that he first achieved.

Hats off to those guys who are able to dial it in, it sure aint easy.

scrogrow

I know the feeling guys. I remember my first hydro grow, it was a shit show lol, wasnt even an rdwc system, i was tripping all over bubble buckets with with no way to drain them down lol. I did 1 grow ok, the 2nd came out terrible, I went straight back to soil after that and havent looked back since.

I saw a mate play around with his RDWC system, when he first bought it he pulled off an amazing first grow, every other one he did after that just went down hill and he was never able to replicate those results that he first achieved.

Deffo mate I ain't personally tried that style yet but have a few friends who do

That hand watered coco few runs I done was the end of it for me lol 150+ plants is cool and all that but wow its a back ache

Nice easy dripper system for me now and back to me best but started the Mrs off on a soil run not too long ago so do see the attraction

BigPhil

Veteran

Haha yeah man in for a penny... lol. When I cleaned it out in the bath after taking it apart was filth. It's one of them to be sure. You would probably have to change a few parts that can't be cleaned very good like the filter part, Every crop. Work on fine tuning my pre flower trainning probably is what I will work on more.
Got pretty lazy over the years. At least the hydro has made me hungry for it again and broke me out of a routine.

BigPhil

Veteran

Hello Blazeee

Yeah it's not easy at all lol. Have respect for the guys who can grow deepwater. I think a lot of it is down to having it set up correct i.e enough oxygen in the water etc. The rest is cleanliness

picture.php

Got the Strawberry Unicorns in now. They are just showing their sex. And they are stinking already. No unusual flavours just stinky weed lol. Found 2 males up2 now. But they are growing like a bean pole not very bush. I find plants like that do not get bushy even when topped. Might bend the ladies over :covereyes:

Last edited:

BigPhil

Veteran
Haha Scrogrow man 150 plants ouch fook that. I get back ache doing 12 lol old man syndrome :D

GlandualFever

It's being an emotional ride hahahaha... And a waste of good money. But you never know if you don't try

I tried going back to nft last year, lost 80% of a 6kw room at a time when I really couldn't afford the loss. I know how it feels. Feel ya BigPhil.

One product which did help fight the pythium root rot etc was photosynthesis plus. I didn't use the whole range but I am tempted to try again one day. One day a long way away lol

BigPhil

Veteran
I tried going back to nft last year, lost 80% of a 6kw room at a time when I really couldn't afford the loss. I know how it feels. Feel ya BigPhil.

One product which did help fight the pythium root rot etc was photosynthesis plus. I didn't use the whole range but I am tempted to try again one day. One day a long way away lol

Cheers Glandual. I haven't had a crop this year yet. With one thing or another getting in the way. Knobhead ex's and council wanting to come round haha. Yeah who knows may try a different method of hydro at some point.

No pain no gain lol had a killer menu back then tho....

Yeah man. I'm sure you will get another killer menu back. You have some nice flavours already. Wish I kept a few of my past grows. Had an amazing 14 week lemon skunk. They had a red vain run up inside the trichomes and into the head. Zombie virus was nice. Schnazzleberry2. I did c99 but didn't find the rare burning rubber pheno that is ment to be brothers grim favourite pheno.

Hoping to get a small house spacial selection myself haha

Last edited:

BigPhil

Veteran
Right it's been a little while... I bought some cooking cooling racks to keep the fabric pots off the ground, They have a 2cm clearance and look to be strong enough to hold the weight of the pots alright

picture.php

I have 6 Strawberry Unicorns I am feeling some colourful plant's in future esp late in flower they have some purple on the main steams. I am sure it is genetic and not nute related.. I bent 2 of them over.
picture.php

And thrown in the 2 Humbolt seeds 707 Truthbands with the ladies bent over. Topped the shit out of them and got 2 nice little bushes
picture.php

The rest of the Strawberry Unicorn's I haven't really done much with these Just 1 simple top
picture.php

Normally I use 10 liter normal plastic pot, But thought I'd try some bigger fabric ones this time 16 liter pots. Think I will give them 2 or 3 more weeks veg and flip it too flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts