What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2000watts rockwool slabs with drippers

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
well im back and its time to try out rockwool slabs and drippers

ive been following a few threads with this method and i like what i see also im going to gain alot of headroom with rookwool compared to airpots on rta stands

this will be a trial run using kalishnapple and agent orange 12 plants with 3 plants per slab 6 per light,if all goes well i will stick with the method then killerqueen and psycho d will be run next if im happy with the results i will run 9 casey jones truecannabliss on rockwool slabs too

i will be using plant magic hydro hardwater nutes ive started using it and its abitweak but its very stable other nutes will be cannazyme and plantmagic bloom boost

thanks for watching

any criticism questions or tips are more than welcome

peace:tiphat:

picture.php

mrsmall

ya me to, i like the look of these!
How you gonna run 2000W over these?
I like to see ya set when you got time,
Nice one
cheers!

BIGGS

Veteran
good luck with it mate, really looking forward to seeing how this turns out for you.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
good luck with it mate, really looking forward to seeing how this turns out for you.

thanks Biggs did you see mrburns rockwool grows

ya me to, i like the look of these!
How you gonna run 2000W over these?
I like to see ya set when you got time,
Nice one
cheers!

hi small I'm doing some changes to the loftroom with ventilation and I'm changing the lighting position slightly I'm using blockbuster aircooled shades

nice one pal, i'm in.

peace mitch

thanks Mitch should be fun

once I've got some nice roots poking through the bottom they will go on the slabs

peace

S

speedemon

Tuned in my friend :) I started off in the old days with this method but the only problem I found with it is the salt build up in the slabs and they are a bit of a hassle to ditch them, but results where good with recirc system :)

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Tuned in my friend :) I started off in the old days with this method but the only problem I found with it is the salt build up in the slabs and they are a bit of a hassle to ditch them, but results where good with recirc system :)

thanks for dropping in mate al be watching the runoff ec like a hawk mate it may be easier for me to get rid of the slabs as I have no composter and a concrete garden lol
I'm in RIL....looking forward to see things progress.

thanks rudedog mate it should be fun

Sounds good :smokeit:

thanks for dropping in pal

e4ian

That's exactly what I been running for the past 5+ wks but with soon to be 800ws less.=1 1mtr slab ,drips, 2 Chem d + 1 ChemJones.+ usuall NFT +pot ponics and soon to be 1 X
DWC Bubble pot (oxy pot).which will overtake all I'm sure.for my needs. Hua. .

BTW.That was me who gave u + Rep THC lover..
I SAY THAT WAS ME WHO GAVE YOU PLUS REP Blue.
[dunna be put off BY NEG REP some folks have strange ways of gettin there kicks BRO :biggrin:]

rocket high

Veteran
Good to see a RW slab grow RIL it looks very interesting ... i use ATA clean for the salt build up in my 3 inch RW blocks it does a very good job of it as well ive deffo seen a difference since using it but flushing with plain PH'd water also does the trick ...

Good luck RIL

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Good to see a RW slab grow RIL it looks very interesting ... i use ATA clean for the salt build up in my 3 inch RW blocks it does a very good job of it as well ive deffo seen a difference since using it but flushing with plain PH'd water also does the trick ...

Good luck RIL

hi rocket I've got some drip lean knocking around somewhere al give that a go

do you use slabs? or a different method?

thanks for looking
Good to see someone doing it proper euro
Style haha

hehe rockwool FTW:biggrin:

peace

rocket high

Veteran
Hi RIL... it was in a big 604 NFT tray but the same basic principle's apply to the slabs as well, salt build up is a bloody killer in recirculating systems i took a 50ml sample from a cube before i used the ATA clean and the EC was 2.2 and the PH was 7.5 thats when i realized that the small flushes i was doing weren't working so i went with the ATA clean (recommened by a icmag member)and it sorted it ,but you have to use it from beginning to end for it to work correctly . I might have ago at slab grows but ive just set up a new coco drip to waste system but if that doesn't work out then i'll order some slabs to give it a go ...

Last edited:

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Hi RIL... it was in a big 604 NFT tray but the same basic principle's apply to the slabs as well, salt build up is a bloody killer in recirculating systems . I might have ago at slab grows but ive just set up a coco drip to waste system but if that doesn't work out then i'll order some slabs to give it a go ...

coco rtw is great as long as you treat it like hydro it yields well I just loose alot of headroom with the slabs I'm gaining alot which is important for a loft space with low plant numbers

I may give smartpots a try as they seem to be wider and short compared to airpots but for now al try the rockwool out

peace

BIGGS

Veteran
if you get a chance can you post up some pics of your dripper set-up pls bro? do you plan on making your own or buying a ready made system?

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
if you get a chance can you post up some pics of your dripper set-up pls bro? do you plan on making your own or buying a ready made system?

hi mate I'm using the topspin dripper kit mate can't fault em if the lines dont reach al add longer lines but an easy setup could be made with the autopot 16mm to 4mm fittings they have two 4mm outlets each just daisy chain them with an end stop at the end

peace