What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2000watts rockwool slabs with drippers

BIGGS

Veteran
hi mate I'm using the topspin dripper kit mate can't fault em if the lines dont reach al add longer lines but an easy setup could be made with the autopot 16mm to 4mm fittings they have two 4mm outlets each just daisy chain them with an end stop at the end

peace

ahh, forgot you had the topspins already. their defo a quality piece of kit. think i may go for a topspin dripper kit myself as i need a new pump aswell, so those will be perfect.

i read on that burn's fella's thread, he said he puts a breathe hole in the dripper line running from the res. just wondering if you do the same?

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
ahh, forgot you had the topspins already. their defo a quality piece of kit. think i may go for a topspin dripper kit myself as i need a new pump aswell, so those will be perfect.

i read on that burn's fella's thread, he said he puts a breathe hole in the dripper line running from the res. just wondering if you do the same?

if you buy the full kit mate from pg you will have one come with the kit you t it off just above your res max waterline

if your water line is lower than the dripper outlet you should be fine without one this is how mine was setup but im gonna be using a waterbutt this time so i will put the anti syphon valve on

peace:tiphat:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hi mate all sounds spot on, glad to see ya back in action again. How often will ya be feeding? I can recommend drip clean 100% mate, I've been using it for about a year now and it really does work, all the fellas on the vert forum use & swear by it. Even the drain holes in the pots have zero salt residue when using it.

Looking forward to the grow.

HGO

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
thnks for dropping in hgo some update pics over the weekend i reckon

should be on the slabs by then they look so healthy wait till ya see see the ones in 5oz coco cups that are meant to be the new mothers rockwool puts them to shame lol

peace

Sqydro

nice one mate tagged in! what schedule do u feed the slabs? i am runnin agent o and schnapps just now as well first time so should be good to see best of luck

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
nice one mate tagged in! what schedule do u feed the slabs? i am runnin agent o and schnapps just now as well first time so should be good to see best of luck

firt time using rockwool so looking at 3 times early flower increasing to 5 mid to late

2 great strains dont let the agent catch you out on the stretch your gunna love these :biggrin:

thanks for watching

peace

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
thnks for dropping in hgo some update pics over the weekend i reckon

should be on the slabs by then they look so healthy wait till ya see see the ones in 5oz coco cups that are meant to be the new mothers rockwool puts them to shame lol

peace

On this one mate! Best of luck for it, I reckon you'll smash it.

3 x feeds per day up to end of flower stretch and 5 x per day after stretch into swellage mode is what I do for coco, highly recommend it mate.

HGO

e4ian

well im back and its time to try out rockwool slabs and drippers

ive been following a few threads with this method and i like what i see also im going to gain alot of headroom with rookwool compared to airpots on rta stands

this will be a trial run using kalishnapple and agent orange 12 plants with 3 plants per slab 6 per light,if all goes well i will stick with the method then killerqueen and psycho d will be run next if im happy with the results i will run 9 casey jones truecannabliss on rockwool slabs too

i will be using plant magic hydro hardwater nutes ive started using it and its abitweak but its very stable other nutes will be cannazyme and plantmagic bloom boost

thanks for watching

any criticism questions or tips are more than welcome

peace:tiphat:

View Image

(image) Ahaa that's like me.Dont know why they've changed from Square to BLADDY round! Small cutting seed Cubes they are.Ty with me for the past 10+ yrs.

Sqydro

firt time using rockwool so looking at 3 times early flower increasing to 5 mid to late

2 great strains dont let the agent catch you out on the stretch your gunna love these :biggrin:

thanks for watching

peace

i have vert bulbs so she can stretch all she wants lol pulling the trigger fri i think so lookin forward to it

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup RIL,

Your gonna love the rw slabs mate. Nice way to grow when run to waste. As others have said salt build up is an issue on the slabs, good amount of feed going in with ample run off will help alongside drip clean.

I've been thinking about going back to coco slabs as they can be re-used 3-4 times if cannazyme used alongside not allowing salt to build up in them. From the people I've spoken to about rw vs coco I'm getting positive responses for coco due being able to re-use slabs and only having to deal with stems, and 3" rockwool cubes come disposal time.

Still weighing up the benefits in my head before getting back behind the wheel :D

I'm in for this one! I think the strains you've chosen will do very well on this system, be prepared to get the netting up early though as growth is pretty quick even with some cheese, I'd expect it to be fookin rapid with the 2 strains your using.

Looking forward to some stellar results bro :)

peace

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
day 9 update

day 9 update

been busy this weekend there now sat on the slabs but i dont have a shot of that yet this pic was taken on day 9 of veg yesterday

picture.php

kalishnapple x chimeras gf x bb these hit some paper towel today i will keep all progress of these here:biggrin:

picture.php

hoping to find some nice phenos in these hopefully make some f2's and if theres a really nice male a bx to the schnapps these are the first beans ive popped for 18 mnth so wish me luck lol

more updates and a shot of the plants on the slabs once the seeds have germed

thanks for looking

allmost forgot lol casey jones truecannabliss ,giesel, and cheeseys nightmare kush have now took residence in my stable

peace

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I'm all outta rep mate but everything is looking primed and ready to grow the plants are looking great, not a deficient leaf among them, what PH are you feeding them at? I could have done with RW for my Sativa tent, I'm running out of head room.

What height are you putting them into flower at? What EC are you feeding at?

Best of luck on the seeds bro, who made them?

Great to see ya back at it.

HGO

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Rockwool grows coming on nice..Ill take a seat too..much rep and respec!!
Kalitooth lol thats a fine cross mate..

mrsmall

9 days looking real good ROL!

I gotta come up with a plan cause i am up in the loft with a vert set up in coco, but truth is i not comfortable with it as i thinking i am still gonna have to dump a load of shit at the end of it, i wanna go to rockwool or aero, so i keeping an eye here mate!

you got some lovely variety!
cheers

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Looking good brother.
I´m gonna lurk in the back and learn a few tricks.
All the best.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
Sup RIL,

Your gonna love the rw slabs mate. Nice way to grow when run to waste. As others have said salt build up is an issue on the slabs, good amount of feed going in with ample run off will help alongside drip clean.

I've been thinking about going back to coco slabs as they can be re-used 3-4 times if cannazyme used alongside not allowing salt to build up in them. From the people I've spoken to about rw vs coco I'm getting positive responses for coco due being able to re-use slabs and only having to deal with stems, and 3" rockwool cubes come disposal time.

Still weighing up the benefits in my head before getting back behind the wheel :D

I'm in for this one! I think the strains you've chosen will do very well on this system, be prepared to get the netting up early though as growth is pretty quick even with some cheese, I'd expect it to be fookin rapid with the 2 strains your using.

Looking forward to some stellar results bro :)

peace

allright mate pull up a chair lets see if this rockwool lark is any good

I'm all outta rep mate but everything is looking primed and ready to grow the plants are looking great, not a deficient leaf among them, what PH are you feeding them at? I could have done with RW for my Sativa tent, I'm running out of head room.

What height are you putting them into flower at? What EC are you feeding at?

Best of luck on the seeds bro, who made them?

Great to see ya back at it.

HGO

hi mate thanks for dropping in

there on 5.7 ph at the mo 1.4 ec they look really good so far

mitch made the seeds should be a nice pheno or two in these hopefully

Rockwool grows coming on nice..Ill take a seat too..much rep and respec!!
Kalitooth lol thats a fine cross mate..

kalitooth lol i like it yeah pull up a seat bro should be fun

9 days looking real good ROL!

I gotta come up with a plan cause i am up in the loft with a vert set up in coco, but truth is i not comfortable with it as i thinking i am still gonna have to dump a load of shit at the end of it, i wanna go to rockwool or aero, so i keeping an eye here mate!

you got some lovely variety!
cheers

hi mrsmall thank for looking maybe this thread will help you decide what to do im in the loft too so once ive changed things round to accomadate rockwool in the flower room i will post some pics

if you want to see the previous setups check my mix grow round 2 thread in my sig

Looking good brother.
I´m gonna lurk in the back and learn a few tricks.
All the best.

hi paulo nice of you to drop by pull up a chair and enjoy the ride dunno if you will learn anything tho lol first attempt at rockwool maybe we can all learn a few tricks on rockwool im basicly copying someone elses method on another forum,he inspired me to give rockwool a shot and so far i like what i see

hellafella thanks and welcome to my thread

lil shot now there on the slabs sorry about the quality but you get the idea

they have just been topped lil droopy as lights have been on for around an hour

these wont get any water now for a good few days the roots need to grow into the slabs watering them will slow the process down

thanks more updates shortly

peace

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts