What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2000watts rockwool slabs with drippers

L

LEX-UK

Hi mate I'm liking your style, I will if ok, nibble ya ear bit later on the aqua trays I was seriously concidering this system but I went with the ebb nflo/drip tables. I did enjoy nft very fast growth n good yields. Lol I will now read ya thread:tiphat:

rocket high

Veteran
Good to see you back on the bike so to speak RIL

Im getting my order ready for the trays and delivery system ...this NFT run should be over in 2 months so i'll get everthing together for the slab system then im good to go :)

mrsmall

Great to see you back on top of things RIL,
lovely and clean as ever, i got a space similar to yours but i have put a 1.2mx 1.2m tent up there, i may take it down now!
could you advise the shopping list needed for the slabs, i finding it difficult to get rid of the waste from 18 litre pots, before i had clay pebs, then soil, and some coco, to much it is especially as i dont have a garden!
good work mate all the best

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Looking good bro, they'll be big in to time with some sizable cola's going from all the schnapps grows I've seen.

This should be fun!

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
First off Roll, that last pick of the slabs you posted looks great. What kind of yield can a slab grown plant get up to? I have always been told they are great of you can run a good number of plants per/light. I am medical and need to stay in numbers and have been led to believe the support needed for larger plants is not possible with RW. Larger like 6-7 week veg...

Interesting method of mother selecting. I do the opposite and flower the seeds. One benefit is they always yield more than the clones so it gives me one little extra push. I hear what you're saying though, the difference is noticeable in most strains from seed to clone. Mostly i find it to be a non issue because they tend to retain most of the characteristics, but i like your method still.

Grow on brother man, loving the show

yields should be high mate ive seen over gpw with 6 per light(600w) 3 per slab with a strain that isnt really one of the biggest yielders but decent

i got to around 3ft in veg on the failed attempt 3 per slab and they were holding up quite well with plenty of room left for root growth in the slabs

theres some nice rockwool slab grows in the german forum more sog though

you wouldnt need 6-7wk veg in rockwool mate the veg speed is rapid

how many do you usually run per light?

dedicating a light to a rockwool trial would be best to see how it performs for you

i seem to work better using clones lol also i dont have alot of headroom and these kalishnapple x gfbb are allready over 2ft and flowering those out would be tricky in my situation

Hi mate I'm liking your style, I will if ok, nibble ya ear bit later on the aqua trays I was seriously concidering this system but I went with the ebb nflo/drip tables. I did enjoy nft very fast growth n good yields. Lol I will now read ya thread:tiphat:

thanks for watching fire away when your ready

Good to see you back on the bike so to speak RIL

Im getting my order ready for the trays and delivery system ...this NFT run should be over in 2 months so i'll get everthing together for the slab system then im good to go :)

nice one mate let me know how you get on

Great to see you back on top of things RIL,
lovely and clean as ever, i got a space similar to yours but i have put a 1.2mx 1.2m tent up there, i may take it down now!
could you advise the shopping list needed for the slabs, i finding it difficult to get rid of the waste from 18 litre pots, before i had clay pebs, then soil, and some coco, to much it is especially as i dont have a garden!
good work mate all the best

18l pots geez what ya growin trees lol explain more?

you can burn coco btw, rockwool is indestuctable will stay in landfill sites forever

all you need is dripper system like topspin 12 1m aquatrays 1m slabs and some rockwool cubes 3" or 4" will do

me wanty more pics.....
happy growin
im a lurkin this thread....

should have some pic tomorrow

looking good buddy, cant wait to see more. G'Luck

thanks mate

Looking good bro, they'll be big in to time with some sizable cola's going from all the schnapps grows I've seen.

This should be fun!

i hope so mate it was thrown together really so anything will do for me this run,but next run will be better executed promise:biggrin:

more pics tomorrow

peace

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
day 6 of flower and as you can see there pretty much flying

around 5inch growth so far and there more uniform than i thought theres and inch difference in the back 12 and the front 12 dont look too bad either apart from the runt

day1
picture.php

day 6 sorry laptop wouldnt let me rotate
picture.php

picture.php

gunna break out the old camera soon as it takes far better pics

peace

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
so uniform mate gonna be a sea of rugbyball colas soon :)

if i can get these to around 2ft it should yield well at least 2oz per minimum hopefully

the lights are on 600w setting temps are 20 min 27 max

with lights around 2.5ft away to encourage some stretch

if i can get away with it i will up the wattage halfway through but only if temps allow

plant magic hydro grow(hardwater 0.4-0.5ec)nutes 1.6ec ph 5.7
drip clean 1ml per 10ltrs
no root stims used at all

peace

BIGGS

Veteran
great to see your back on track bro, everythings looking nice and healthy. any reason you went for 4 per slab instead of 3?

RudeDog

Veteran
Excellent stuff mate. Very clean and tidy.

You are getting better growth rate than my girls, they're under the big HPS in the sky.

Harry Lime

Veteran
if i can get these to around 2ft it should yield well at least 2oz per minimum hopefully

the lights are on 600w setting temps are 20 min 27 max

with lights around 2.5ft away to encourage some stretch

if i can get away with it i will up the wattage halfway through but only if temps allow

plant magic hydro grow(hardwater 0.4-0.5ec)nutes 1.6ec ph 5.7
drip clean 1ml per 10ltrs
no root stims used at all

peace

thats what i like ta see, numbers!

nice one RIL

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
troubles brewing

troubles brewing

hmm somethings not quite right here guys

the big fans on the plant look completely different to what they should do,long sativa blades with lots of serrations

what im getting is fat short leaves with way less serrations like an indica plant

also spotted some one finger leaves half way up the plant with no serrations which made me think reveg either that or some stress

checked light timers and there fine so not light related

ive tracked back and i made some nutes with drip clean in few days ago im tipping its the drip clean or the medium ph

ive taken a water sample from the slabs between two plants using a 60ml syringe i tested it at 1.3ec and 6.2ph im feeding them 1.6ec ph 5.7

6.2 seems high to me so im going to dump the res and mix up some more without dripclean and ph to 5.5 with a lower ec as some of the leaves look very dark green to me and i think the schnapps isnt liking it

what do you guys think i should do?

any help or advice would be great

peace

L

LEX-UK

I'm only guessing and not sure if I'm getting confused but did they sit in darkness for 48hr and suffering slightly from heat? They are the first two reasons I'd think due to leaf structure changes and it's strange I'm hearing alot about single blade leaves as of late.

I've tried rw rtw and had probs with fluctuating ec/ph. I'm sure u can still pull it off mate, I feel your frustration also.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
I'm only guessing and not sure if I'm getting confused but did they sit in darkness for 48hr and suffering slightly from heat? They are the first two reasons I'd think due to leaf structure changes and it's strange I'm hearing alot about single blade leaves as of late.

I've tried rw rtw and had probs with fluctuating ec/ph. I'm sure u can still pull it off mate, I feel your frustration also.

hi mate those were the last lot these ones were from 6day flowering plants but I would have expected the reveg alot earlier than this

I'm gunna go with lowering ph and removing drip clean from the res

I know some plants look different in different mediums but something's telling me it ain't that as its only just started happening the lower leaves are fine

al snap some pics and post in the morning the leaves are really dark like cucumber

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts