What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Tent.... New grow: Emerald Traingle Genetics

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup guys, I bought a new tent today... DR120. Kept hearing that Secret Jardin tents were the way forward... I gotta say I like it, but it's still got light leaks like the 50 quid one I had before, lol!:tounge: Plus the feckin poles that hold lights and filter etc pop up off frame unless under load! That pissed me off tbh honest 5 mins of moaning later I got promised 20% off a digi ballast so it just goes to show, be a moany b'stard if your not happy with your purchases!

I'm a lil up in the air whether this will be a vertical grow or a regular horizontal (in which case I hope that 20% discount extends to a new reflector as well, cause all I got is euro barn style ones!)

I'm growing a few clones from the Queen of Diamonds *The white x Killer Queen* from my last grow - see signature. Alongside the newcomers: Emerald Triangle's Blueberry Headband and Lost Coast OG.

They were placed into paper towels to germ 7 days back and cracked 5 days ago popped out of the jiffies 4 days back so they've been growing 4 days under cool white floro's. Will give them another 2 weeks then flip cause they're supposed to have a good bit of stretch and I wanna fit in 12 including the clones which are already 8", well 6" now I've tied and trained em. Got a new bulb from Slyvania which I read produces a very high output compared to it's competitors, better than sunmaster fore sure and temps will be controlled via my DIY variac fan speed controller. No buzz from any fans- I'm running my TD silent which is the nutz!

Nothing exciting thus far, just notes for myself more than anything but come on in and get comfy for the ride!

picture.php

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
I'm not gonna lie. I'm jealous!!

Wish I had a new tent and some fresh genetics!

Looking forward to seeing them develop mate.

Peace.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool mate, I have a few DRS120's and think they are good value.

One does have a few pinhole lightleaks in the zip, thats all I can fault.

The one Ive had longest has been up/down pushing 10 times now and still goes together nicely.

good luck with the grow!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup Dank user, Rude Dog, Piff Rhys, mellow yellow, RIL, P and Mitch :wave: thanks for joining.

@mitch the DR120's are definitely a good tent with quality materials and goo enough construction, just though that I may have evaded the pinholes I had on my cheap as fook tent :D going for the 'market leader', but alas... Still, the reflective qualities are far superior to my £50 tent, as are the fittings and material. So I can't complain to much... Seems like tents in general suffer from the 'pinhole' leaks due to the need for negative pressure and their construction. I may line it in some film held down with velcro if I can be assed, but probably not :tongue:

Plant update

Well temps are bloody high in this wee tent, I love the sun but hate the effects on my grows :D since I started these seeds under floro's and had them off during the night for 6 hours I don't wanna fool with their clock now and change it so their off for 6 hours in the day (12-6pm) instead as I may invite the ole hermies out to play. Temps are maxing out @ 29 canopy level. That's with 1 passive intake, might need to get the active intake set up, cause keeping exhaust @ 50% is making humidity really low. Not that these seedlings look very bothered they're growing away well considering they were x-planted and then put under a 600w yesterday lol! Have grown nicely and not missed a beat

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got the dark room street tents so their budget ones. the pinhole leaks are in the newest one, the elder too are pretty sound, you have to really study it to fuck to find any light leaks.

Yeh it's a double edged sword this weather, nice to blaze in outside, but it's pushing temps up inside. Usually the autumn and spring periods are my favourite for growing inside.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup mitch, I was told those DS's were not that great but others have said the same as you... Older one's are spot on while rev2's are 50/50.

Few pics from today, still a bit of a pita getting temps dialed in, has caused a lil slow down on growth, but they're still growing away. Got one runt but have a couple ssh x hindu kush seedlings that I can replace it with.

I still have the clones under fluros to try and keep them from getting to big and crowding the seedlings out. They're currently about 8-9" but I tie and train them to keep them short. Another 10 days and I'm going to flip em anyways. The seedlings are getting 100ml of water every 2/3 days. I'm gonna cut this back to 50ml daily as they looked a bit yellow compared to the other day. Feed is 1ml per Liter canna coco A+B, 0.3ml per Liter root excelurator pH is 6.0.

Nothing exciting to see for now

Blueberry Headband & Lost Coast OG 9 days from germinating:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Ok so its looking like another horizontal grow this run as I should have some special cuts joining the party :woohoo: Been hearing good things about plant magics coco food so I picked some of their bloom up. As it made over here for hard water i wanna see if it enables me to not have to use so much pH down, as well as supporting our own :D

Seem the seedlings are coming along a bit now, must have adjusted to the crap temps (although lights of temps are now dialed @ 20C) and shite RH I've tried sticking a wet towel and some water in a jug into the space but the extraction is running quick because of the warm days and taking out and humidity asap.

H

Husky.Rex

Looking good shhh :tiphat:

I use a Secret Jardin myself (DR150) and can't rate them enough. As you say you do get a couple leaks here and there but I've never had any probs. I've had the first revision DR150 and the 2.0 and the only difference I could see was the ground sheet on the first models had the reflective layer bonded to it as the 2.0 didn't (Something to do with the negative affect of light being reflected upwards.

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for the DR120? I've got a very good supplier for Secret Jardin I paid £175 for my DR150.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hi mate, I paid £140 which was a price match a my local grow shop.

I'm just wondering whether the leaks will be reversed as into the tent with weak daylight sneaking around curtains. I've not had a look from the inside yet but if it does I supposed I'll have to throw a couple sheets over it to ensure no leaks into the tent. Should be all good though.

Plant update

So the temps are cooling and the tent is now running at 25C ambient temps and 28C directly under the lights. You can see when looking at the seeds they've had a bit of stress but no deficiencies. Have had to prop them up cause they got a lil stretchy but the leaves are now getting much larger. Have moved the light down to 3' from 4' above them. Need a frikkin dimmable ballast really, but funds are tight :D Pics later....

H

Husky.Rex

Hi mate, I paid £140 which was a price match a my local grow shop.

I'm just wondering whether the leaks will be reversed as into the tent with weak daylight sneaking around curtains. I've not had a look from the inside yet but if it does I supposed I'll have to throw a couple sheets over it to ensure no leaks into the tent. Should be all good though.

I'll pm you the suppliers I use for my equipment would have saved you a £10 :biggrin:

To be on the safe side shhh I would black out the window as much as you can as putting sheets on the tent might raise the temps.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Good point about the heat mate, window will be blacked out asap... The thing is the tent is in my bedroom so I use there will be other indoor lighting to worry about Be of a bummer but I'll have to work with it. Cheers for the links a tenner's a tenner! :D

H

Husky.Rex

Good point about the heat mate, window will be blacked out asap... The thing is the tent is in my bedroom so I use there will be other indoor lighting to worry about Be of a bummer but I'll have to work with it. Cheers for the links a tenner's a tenner! :D

No worries :)

I'm sure you'll work something out. I never had the chance to follow your other grows but I will be following this one.

Oh by the way what nutrients are you planning on using with this run?