What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

International Clone Only cuts in the UK

sentenz69

How's it going lads ?
Bit late to the party . I have been lurking for many years. Just an update on what's in the locker atm some uk some us .

Lemmon ammo
Purple stardog
GMO ( skunkmaster flex cut)
Tropicanna cookies (mtn cut)
Gelato 33
OZK
Exodus cheese (Luton cut)
Physcosis ( cut only )
Apple fritter ( Lumpys cut )
Blues ( Original blues bx ugorg )
RUNTZ ( runtz crew cut )
ZKITTLES
Harvest tree
Orange tree

Few years of collecting.

Good to see the thread still going strong.

Hi ^^

Ouahhh Nice List :)

Vibes :tiphat:

pipp

Taken my cuttings of Las Vegas Purple Kush was wondering what yield I can expect per plant mainly so I know how long to veg them. Cheers for any info.

sirstonealot

Taken my cuttings of Las Vegas Purple Kush was wondering what yield I can expect per plant mainly so I know how long to veg them. Cheers for any info.

I used to have PK, stretch is low so get them vegged up nice before you flip them!

Yield per plant is dependant on pot size,medium,fert schedule etc but I would class PK as medium/low yielding!

Peace

S.S

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Nah he used SS not Island SS

THE BC Sweet Skunk clone (lineage unknown but is definitely haze dom) is better than the Island Sweet Skunk, which was a BX project conducted by Federation Seed Company (now defunct) using a white widow male.

There are some IC members playing with open poll Island Sweet Skunk lines and Chimera’s Sweet Skunk S1. The ISS line was pretty close though..

pipp

Spent several months growing the Purple Kush it turned out to be bunk had to throw the lot away hopefujlly karma will come around.

potty1

I hope you lads have been ok lately with this hplvd being so prevalent in the uk now.
make sure to be using different blades for diff varieties.
the apple fritter and Durban cuts are definate wrong uns.
your looking for dudding and branches that snap clean off with the slightest move/weight
this shit is serious and needs to be taken seriously by anyone who accepts anything new as it can lie dormant or a-symptomatic.
So it appears this doesn't seem to have made it it onto most people's radar so thought it pertinent to share what could affect many of you, particularly if you have acquired clones that have ever been near cali or are thinking of doing over the last 18 months.

Dark Heart Nursery Research Finds 90% of California Facilities Test Positive for Hop Latent Viroid

The nursery estimates $4 billion in annual crop losses industry-wide.
SUBSCRIBE
September 15, 2021

Eric Sandy

Grower/Agriculture News State by State: California
inline1.jpg

Dark Heart Nursery
A healthy cannabis plant.

Earlier this summer, the team at Dark Heart Nursery announced the findings of a formal survey of cannabis growers across California: After some 200,000 tissue tests, 90% of California facilities researched were testing positive for hop latent viroid (HpLVD).

All told, the presence of that pathogen—to that degree—could account for a $4-billion loss in cannabis crops, according to the Dark Heart team.

The tests ran across more than 100 licensed cannabis facilities, from August 2018 to July 2021. This endeavor began during the research phase that saw Dark Heart connect HpLVd to a suite of worrying symptoms known as “dudders” or “dudding” at the time. This included stunted plants, low trichome production, weak stems and so on.

“Very early on, we knew there was this problem in the industry where plants wouldn't produce: low yields, low trichomes. We took the time to do the science, to do some RNA sequencing and figure out what was the actual cause of that. Hop latent viroid was only in the infected [plants], not in the healthy ones.” But simply identifying the pathogen was not enough. Once it was found, the Dark Heart team removed the pathogen, isolated it in a pure culture and then infected an otherwise healthy plant with it. Quickly, they noticed the familiar symptoms.

READ MORE: The 'Dudders' Case or: How Legalization Opened the Door for Cultivators to Embrace Science

From there, the question became: How widespread is this issue? Cannabis forums were already lighting up with anecdotal stories of dudding plants.
inline2.jpg

Dark Heart Nursery
A cannabis plant infected with HpLVd. Same strain, age and inputs as in the first photo.

Warren took the scientific approach used to connect HpLVd with the disease and began to tour licensed cannabis facilities in California, going to the places where reports of 20% crop loss were coming through loud and clear. The work focused on nursery stock that would eventually become a business’s mother plants and involved PCR (polymerase chain reaction)testing in a clean environment to detect the presence of the virus. (PCR testing will sound familiar to anyone who’s been exposed to the COVID-19 virus in the past year or so.)

Once the present of HpLVd is confirmed (or even before then), what’s a grower to do?

“You’ve got to get team buy-in,” Warren says. “There are growers who have their own mother blocks, and they run their own genetics. No. 1 for everything for this viroid is sanitation. It’s spread by people, usually pruners, cutting an infected plant and then taking [scissors] to a healthy plant, infecting it.” (Warren said that Dark Heart has forthcoming research that will get into the infection rate with more specificity, as well as differences in infection rates among varying grow environments.)

From there, ongoing testing of mother plants is critical. Three to four tests per nursery plant is key, Warren says, due to the aforementioned latent nature of the virus.

WATCH: Future Cannabis Project’s Interview with Dark Heart Nursery and Glass House Farms on Hop Latent Viroid

“What these tests have showed us is, if you get in and do the test, after a month and a half, which is what this three- or four-test timeframe [requires], you can go from 40% infected in your grow to between 0% and 1%,” Warren says, pointing out that infected plants are thrown away immediately. “That yield, the money we’re talking about there, is realizable very quickly.”

As for the $4-billion figure, the Dark Heart team is tabulating a possible 33% loss on the $11.9 billion in total cannabis sales thus far in 2021 (according to New Frontier Data).

Crop yield is the backbone of the cannabis supply chain, of course. What grower doesn’t want to increase yield? Identifying this gap between projections and actual yield is the place where this HpLVd research can come in handy. It remains a significant issue for the industry.

Dark Heart’s testing research continues—and Warren points out that this is not a problem confined to California. He says the work serves the dual purpose of ringing an alarm bell for nursery owners and growers in other parts of the world.

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.co...ery-crop-loss/

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.c...roid-infections-dark-heart-nursery-crop-loss/

zamzia

Veteran
Surprised about that. I bet someone here has it in the UK. Is GG4 still doing the rounds? That must has been superseded by now, so many crosses done with the GG4, bet there's something great with GG4 but much better and solid structure.

Right guys can anyone shed any light on the ukG or G-bud or dunk or g-force clone only strain.. I'm willing to dedicate my whole life on getting this back, I've not had anything that's even remotely similar in terpenes for atleast 10 years

The g clone is still around the Midlands big Buddha has fems forsale to,I know it's still around,not seen it for a while,getting old now to the last I heard.76
I have looked into the g-bomb from bog Buddha, and last time I saw him he actually gifted me a joint of some G but ut really wasn't very impressive imo, nothing like what' it tasted like years ago, very peppery spicy garlic pungent smell too it.. I'd love to find out more on it or try and locate a genuine cut