What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lab testing for THC and Terpenes?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i was wondering if there were any options or possibilities for testing in UK or Europe? Or if anyone as managed to get any UK grown bud tested anywhere and how?
Thanks
VG :tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
I think you'd have to ship it to someone in the USA and have them get it tested for you. Either that or get one of those cheap home test kits. Not sure how reliable they are though.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not heard of the home test kits.. it's really terpene profile i am most interested in.. i'll do some searching, but if anyone has any recommendations i would love to hear.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I looked into this years ago and found some in Spain...not sure how the whole process is supposed to work though and not sure if labs are operating in some kind of grey zone in terms of the legality of the samples they're receiving?
CC

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting, the MyDX one appears to test for 20 terpenes as well as most cannabinoids.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Yeah I like the look of it a lot. Really handy gizmo. But its such an old advert now, and I've not heard of anyone having one , that I was concerned it may be a little scammy. I'd do some research before placing an order at that price.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for sure, i would do the research.. and find out what the consumable elements to the tests were, how much they cost etc. In some ways it looks a little gimmicky with the app etc but well worth looking into further.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Its not the app that bothers me so much, Tesla relies on a similar way of maintaining how hardware is managed. Its the hardware I'd be concerned about in the first place. Lots of claims get made about black box capabilities, some are accurate.

yts farmer

Veteran
Try @dnasupplies on ig.

A company called gk labs uk done testing for the britains got dank competition few years back.

peace.
Screenshot_20210314-142620_Instagram.jpg

yts farmer

Veteran
If another is arranged, I'd like an invite :)

Im not sure what the deal with entering that specific cannabis Cup, it may be invite only which is a bit shit imho, as same old faces and same people winning.

There is a few different canna cups going where anyone can enter, just have to check them out on ig.

Peace