Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Timbo
    replied
    Nice one Jock - I'm the same with fresh sativas but I bet they'll be even better in a couple of months.

Leave a comment:

• JockBudman
    replied
    Time for a few dry bud shots an an early vape report on the zamaldelicas.

Came back frae holiday tae find Z1&3 still no dry. Had tae chuck the dehumidifier in for a night tae finish them off. All jarred now an am already makin a dent - ah always choose these pure sativas over all other herbs now, even only just in the jar.

Z1 - closest tae the Malawi dom mother ah think. Smell is minimal due tae early days in the jar an the fact that these just aren't big stinkers. Which ah prefer these days. What is there is a woody, slightly fruity scent. High is much like the mother an all - up, floaty, bit trippy an good for bein outdoors.
    Did a hunner mile hike over 5 days smokin this throughout each day. Barely touched the other buds.

Z2 - Clearly fathered by the tallest male frae the original grow out an if you said this was a haze cross ah'd believe you. Smells fainter than Z1 but still woody with a bit of creamyness chucked in. High is a bit introspective an when you do get up, you stand about wonderin what your up for... A nice start to the evening this one, tends to last about 2 hours.

Z3 - No much in it between this an z1, they're pretty similar other than the Z1 yielding a lot more. Much fruitier smell of lemon but wi plenty of the woody tones. Taste is very subtle wood an spice tones. Less visible resin than the others which can be seen in the flash shots, plus really rusty orange hairs. Still got a good effect that can be a bit too racy and anxiety inducin at times but otherwise similar tae the other two - up high, floaty, trippy etc but also some of the couchy, "in the zone" feel of Z2.

If ah had tae pick one as the best so far, it would be Z1. That or somethin close is likely the pheno tae line breed wi down the line. All of them are good in their own ways though an these are always the first jars tae get opened every night.

Hope the photos show.
    gallery_thumbs_only_x_photos

Leave a comment:

• JockBudman
    replied
    Well it's all over, chopped them all on Saturday an they're dryin up the now. Ah could have let the Z2 run another 2 week easy but am off on ma hols so ah needed them both down tae hopefully dry by Friday night. They were still pretty wet last night so ah cranked up the tube heater an turned the wee fan on - if that disnae do it ah'll need tae hang them over the dehumidifier the morra night.

​​​​​​@eltimbo thanks, ah might try that trick, jist a bit wary coz the galleries strip location data an ah don't know if that works wi a direct upload. Mind, ah run mine through a data deleter before uploadin anyway so should be fine.

Vape wise the Z1 is solid zamaldelica, relaxin but still an up high, bit rushy maybe an a wee bit disorientatin. Smells an tastes are hard tae describe but ah found all the zamaldelica smells pretty similar, kind of forest floor wi maybe a bit of fruit, spice etc. Tbh though, it's a smell ah cannae nail down, other than tae say they smell an taste like zamaldelica

The Z2 lost a few wee buds in the croppin so ah dried an tried them. This one is shapin up tae be very nice. Starts wi a warm tinglin in the face followed by a happy and functional high wi a bit of the usual trippiness. Perhaps a bit more sedatin than the Z1 but still very functional once you can stop bein engrossed in whatever you're doin when you vape it.

Ah'll do a report on the Z3 as soon as ah can, but might no be til after am back.

Photos are attached. Ah forgot tae take some of the Z2 out the tent, but she's that leafy you'd no see much anyway.

Final update tae follow

Leave a comment:

• El Timbo
    replied
    Looking good Jock - I'm keen to hear how your Zams vape once they're done - any good aromas from them? With the photos I've just been uploading direct from the camera or pc to the thread - bypassing the gallery.

Leave a comment:

• JockBudman
    replied
    Wispy Afghan came down last night at 102 days flowerin. No totally cloudy, but ah saw some amber an that's too far for ma tastes so she got the chop. Fuck knows how she went this long, unless it's just heat. The mum was about 11 weeks an the dad was a fast flowerin WoS AK - must be some throwback genes goin on.

Only two left that need tae be down asap before ah go away. Was hoping ah'd have some of the Z2&3 dry tae take wi me but it looks like it'll be just the z1.

Leave a comment:

• bleepboop
    replied
    Originally posted by JockBudman View Post

Aye, should be down soon an all. The heat has caused a load of foxtails an am just waitin for the trichs tae finish up gettin cloudy.

The mixed pack stuff is really nice, HV DT 1 is spicy and a bit sedatin, HV DT 2 is a bit fruity an good for creative pursuits.

​​​​​​Hope the zamaldelica turn out good. Seems like a range of phenos an yields so far but be prepared tae see them go another month or more
    ye man, you know me. Not in a rush like.
    The heat was a lot though, all of this batch of yoots are a bit stunted from multiple dryouts. I swear I've forgotten how to sex plants aswell

Leave a comment:

• JockBudman
    replied
    Originally posted by bleepboop View Post
    Wispy Afghan turned out interestingly enough didn't it!

Hopefully you'll get to try more fun stuff next time round. It's been really hard with the heat I imagine this year.
    ​​​​​Thanks for trying some of that mixed pack, it wouldn't have been my first choice as they weren't the best seeds I've made but hopefully the exercise didn't feel like a waste of time.

Still got a couple of your zamaldelica over here that just went under 10/14 at 70 days old alongside a bunch of different blueberry stuff.
    ​​​​​​
    Aye, should be down soon an all. The heat has caused a load of foxtails an am just waitin for the trichs tae finish up gettin cloudy.

The mixed pack stuff is really nice, HV DT 1 is spicy and a bit sedatin, HV DT 2 is a bit fruity an good for creative pursuits.

​​​​​​Hope the zamaldelica turn out good. Seems like a range of phenos an yields so far but be prepared tae see them go another month or more

Leave a comment:

• JockBudman
    replied
    Took the z2 down last night at 100 days 12/12. Still a load of white hairs but aw the trichs are nice an cloudy so that's ripe for me.

Photos are in ma gallery, can't seem tae add them in the post

Leave a comment:

• bleepboop
    replied
    Wispy Afghan turned out interestingly enough didn't it!

Hopefully you'll get to try more fun stuff next time round. It's been really hard with the heat I imagine this year.
    ​​​​​Thanks for trying some of that mixed pack, it wouldn't have been my first choice as they weren't the best seeds I've made but hopefully the exercise didn't feel like a waste of time.

Still got a couple of your zamaldelica over here that just went under 10/14 at 70 days old alongside a bunch of different blueberry stuff.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• JockBudman
    replied
    Skippin a week again...

End of week 14 shots down below as we come tae the end. Everythin will need tae be down in a few weeks anyways coz am off on holiday. But for now it looks like ah'll crop out the Z1 in the next few days dependin on trich checks an the wispy Afghan is close an all but still a few too many clears for me. Took a wee test bud the other day an it's ok, good for social stuff but no very full on. Kinda what ah expected frae the parents tbh.

Z2 an 3 are a bit further out but the Z3 has matured fast so am no too worried, it's more the Z2 that's a problem as she looks like she could run another 4 week.

Meanwhile ah've been vapin the HV/DT stuff for a while - spicy tastes frae both an a more sedative effect from HV/DT 1. Both yielded about 10g.

EDIT - Just when ah thought the albums were sorted all ma zamaldelica shots are showin as dead links...

Leave a comment:

• JockBudman
    replied
    Now for week 12...

Been a stressful few weeks wi life gettin in the way again. Plants been heavy neglected an they're startin tae test ma patience wi the wispy Afghan still no near done and still poppin white hairs an the zamaldelicas much the same. They've all been on plain water so droppin leaves, an dropped down to 11/13 but still no sign of finishin. They'll go down to 10/14 the day probably an ah'll dae another update the morra.

Leave a comment:

• JockBudman
    replied
    Archived post frae week 10... New update tae follow...

End of week 10 update time. Took down the HV DT 2 coz it kept chuckin nanas. Ah plucked as many as ah could but they kept comin. She had mostly cloudy trichs anyways so it's fine. HV DT 1 only showed a few an is still goin - ah was hopin the hybrids would be done by now, but her an wispy Afghan are still pushin pistils out.

On the zamaldelica side the Z1 still dominates wi plenty of big buds and a nice coat of frost. Ah got some shots out the tent tae show her big top bud.
    Z2&3 are still underwhelmin. Z2 is just gonnae run for ages an yeild fuck all an the Z3 has almost no trichs. Really hopin that changes soon on both counts - ah need them done in the next 4 weeks ideally.

Nothin left but photies to post...

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• JockBudman
    replied
    Sorry for the lack of updates, busy wi work an that. Ah got photos Saturday at the end of week 9 which are below. There's more coverin weeks 7&8 in ma albums but am gonnae skip them for now an just get the week 9 ones up. Life's too mental for updates tae make up for lost time am afraid.

The zamaldelica are properly buddin now an it looks like Z1 is gonnae be the best in terms of structure an growth. Z3 might yeild about the same, but ah prefer the look of the Z1. Z2 was ma favourite, but she'll no yield much an is too lanky wi too much stem. Maybe another 5-6 weeks on them but hard tae tell really.

Krippleberry came down, dried an is gettin vaped the now. Flavour an smell is close tae zkittzo tae the point where ah'd be inclined tae believe they used a super skunk auto as the mystery "male". High is ok, nothin special. Bit creeper an builds tae a balance of body an head. Ma big complaint is the stuff fuckin reeks - seriously, ah only need tae open the jar an grind a bud tae stink out the whole house. No useful when you want tae keep things low key - am hopin a cure helps wi that as the mono terps fade out. Only gave me 14g in the end which is utter shite. The buds looked nice an fat on the plant but they were just dead airy. Ah can already tell this will be a pish grow for yield wi how skinny the Z2 is so ah needed a good result off this auto but it is what it is.

The HV DT stuff is nearin the end, maybe another two weeks on the 2, an maybe another one again for the 1. Ah assumed they'd be about done now but still chuckin pistils an gainin weight. The #2 chucked a few nanas but ah think I caught it in time. Probably just heat stress as the temps are soarin the now. The Z2 showed loads of red hairs the same day ah found them, but she's the other end of the tent an was totally wilted an stressed hersel so ah need tae wait an see on that one.

The nice surprise is the wispy Afghan which is still gainin weight an slowly finishin up. Am guessin another 2 weeks at least - the mother was an 10-11 weeker an so was the only other child of the father ah've grown out. That one turned rapid an all so am expectin this one will finish up sudden like. No expectin huge weight or amazin effects but for a plant ah had nae expectations of, she's startin tae make me take notice. Nice limey smell still an am lookin forward tae tryin her out when she's done.

Photos below, thanks all

Leave a comment:

• JockBudman
    replied
    Thanks tae both of you for the info on the High Voltage, looking forward tae seein how these come out

Things are lookin good in the tent this week, the krippleberry is close tae done, the suspicious bits on the nodes on all the zamaldelica turned out tae be wee buds (though am keepin an eye just in case) an everythin is flowerin well.

Had a wee filter issue - krippleberry really stinks - but ah got it fixed by puttin a new filter in an stickin the old on the other end.

No much else tae report really, just photos tae have a look at. Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• Thcvhunter
    replied
    Thats cool

The Jamaican Pineapple Skunk x Willie Nelson brought some really cool coloring to the mix.

Much Love
    :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X