What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JB's sativa hacking hub

JockBudman

Chopped the grapefruit last night. Quick critical comin doon soon an all wi sexbud tae follow in a week or so - it's sad seein the tent so empty... But there's a deep clean needed after the pest issues an ah want tae rearrange the space, floor out the loft an sort other issues like boxin the fan up, fit new filter, get a new hps bulb an LED board etc.

That an maybe run an auto grow over winter...

Anyway, here's some shots of the tall zamaldelica before the final trim

picture.php

picture.php

Might put them up in the zamaldelica thread an all, see if ah got the legendary Thai pheno...

JockBudman

Right, one last post tae finish up the grow an the year.

No gonnae bother wi photos of the quick critical, zkittzo or sex bud. They're nice enough but this is a sativa thread so...

First up, the haze -

picture.php

Tall pheno tae the left, shorter tae the right. Tall came in at just under 11g and the small just over 11. It's a low yield obviously, but the quality is worth it. No much smell or taste - a bit woody, earthy an somethin else ah cannae identify.

The high is where it's at though. The small one is a deceptive creeper that builds up, couchlocks me for a bit wi a raised pulse an a sweat on, then lets me get on wi shit happy and floaty for hours. In company its laughy and sociable wi no paranoia.
Tall pheno is more uppy an better suited tae bein outdoors. Inside it's hard tae tell your high til you get up an try tae get somethin done. Both last at least 2-3 hours an time just flies then they put you down gentle an content. Ah had a vape this morning of the haze an then another after lunch. Only just hittin the vape again now - wi all other strains I'd be twice the vapes in by now.

Well, all others apart frae...

picture.php

Zamaldelica - tall pheno right, shorter one left - both came in at just under 16g.

Tbh these are similar in high tae the haze but wi more disorientation. Do not even think of drivin or doin anythin like that on this stuff. The shorter one is pretty amnesiac, lots of forgetting what you're doin in the middle of doin it. Taller one is again good for hikin, really uppy and happy, bit trippy. Both are but the shorter one is more body trip if that makes sense, the taller more mental. Duration is a bit less than the hazes but still a good long while.

This is just a few weeks intae the cure really, an they say it's 6 months that good sativa needs tae get tae the peak. Tbh ah dunno how ah'll keep all this around that long, it's too good an works best for me an what ah need. Doubt ah'll ever grow much else again tbh, these plus the Panama ah did early on this year, have convinced me it's all ah need. Now tae up the yields...

JockBudman

Annnnnd... am back.

This run was gonnae be a wee mixed pack hack but ah changed ma mind an that's gonnae be up next on the list. What chucked me oot of ma plans was gettin a mixed selection of seeds off ma pal bleepboop Hopefully yous can see them coz this fuckin website now man... Fuck it, you need a vape just tae keep cool tryin tae work the albums. Ah hate no bein able to just insert photos...

Anyway, ah got a bit spun out wi so many options coz ah wanted tae plant them all an also f2 a few packs there, like the Hawaiian, urkhul X Tirah, Manipuri X Tirah, blueberry parfume etc. Decided tae chuck down a few from the 2018 mix up which is High voltage 3 seeds an Durban Tibet seeds, just tae see what ah get.

Alongside them ah put down 6 zamaldelica f2s - 3 frae the Malawi line an 3 frae the Thai. So far the Malawi side is stronger and better growin but the Thai may just be unhappy wi the small pots an that as am runnin them in 2l til they show sex.

Ah mixed up a soil tae try so needed some testers so ah dropped three of an old batch ah made - wispy X Afghan Kush which is a Viet black dom orient express crossed wi a ak frae world of seeds. Two of them got very fucked an rootbound so got binned an the last an smallest showed female an is much better after a pot up tae 5l. Seriously though, these things eat fast an make roots bigger than any ah've seen before. If it vapes better than the original mother (which was weak after one run for some reason) ah might run the rest but that remains tae be seen.

Then there's a few odds an sods - a Sinai bag seed ah found in some herb bleepboop dropped us off (aye, dude actually gave us a ton of bud frae all the seed mothers - ah owe him big time) that's just veggin away. Ah also ran a test on some decades old seed ah collected off bush weed ah got off a Gambian dude back in Glasvegas. Chucked it in a worm tub wi em1 sprayed on an got four tae pop. One looks awrite but ah planted all four so waitin tae see what comes up. They'll be known as Glasgow girls frae now on if any live.

Finally ah've got an auto krippleberry which was set down tae grow whilst these vegged. It chucked a few pods when ah flipped tae 12/12 but otherwise it's fine. No sure how much Blueberry is in there as it just smells of generic weed tae me so far.

Anyway, that's us up tae date. If anyone wants tae see veg shots etc then check ma albums coz am ah fuck gonnae post all they shots wi this nightmare system.
We're now at 2 weeks of 12/12 so ah'll put some shots in of where the tent is at. One HV/DT got binned for bein male, others are yet tae sex. No sex on the zamaldelica as yet but ah thing looks better now they're aw over the flip shock.

​​​​​​​Shots below or wherever the fuck...

Attachments

• photo2038345.jpg
    photo2038345.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2038346.jpg
    photo2038346.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 54
  • photo2038350.jpg
    photo2038350.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 60
  • photo2038451.jpg
    photo2038451.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 59

bleepboop

Found ye a couple of photos of the two seed mum's for that mixed pack you've popped 👍

This was 2018 and t'first run in indoor organics "soil for life" ah'd actually bought.
In a 70Lish 50x100x20 smartpot branded "big bag bed junior" sat on an old nft tray full of clay pebbles and first go on blumats too with an old oxypot 20L res.
definitely set me on a permanent recycled soil path and making more knf/jadam bits mi'sen.

The Durban Tibet is by Thcvhunter It's 4wiseeyes's Durban Thai x rev's Boggle Dragon x their Goji ix. Possibly f2'd? I can't quite remember.

The high voltage f3 was his selection too. And the Sinai bagseed was his F2 that came out with mad Turkish delight flavours. Sharing selections really comes back around :yay:

Have fun! Am rootin' for yas.

Have popped 2 of your Zamaldelica n'all to go along with a sativa/blueberry round of:
BB muffin x BB parfume x4
BB parfume f2 x2
Devil's Tit F2/blueberryblast x golden tiger/cherry cake. x2

​​​​

Attachments

• photo1988119.jpg
    photo1988119.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 54
  • photo2016450.jpg
    photo2016450.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 55

JockBudman

Thanks bleepboop :tiphat: an Thcvhunter for the original work.

Startin tae think the two HV/DT am waitin on sex from, are Durban Tibet just based on leaf shape. Looks like the high voltage is a bit more narrow than what ah've got here. Really hopin ah get at least one female, they look amazin full grown in bloom.

JockBudman

End of week 3 12/12 update

Still slow goin tbh. Culled Z5 which showed male an potted up Z2 after it showed pistils. So far nae other zamaldelica are showin definite sex an am gettin impatient, though ah have got a few guesses. Pretty sure Z4 is a boy an all which gies me 2 boys out the Thai line an Z6 is also lookin like it might be a lad, so ah might be 3 for 3 boys on the Thai side. Shite if it's so, but if z6 is a boy ah'll save some pollen mebbe, just coz it's bang on wi the mum in looks.
Z2 is lookin happier after a pot on an Z1 is no far frae showin sex, though again ah think boy. Z3 on the Malawi line is also a way frae sexin, but if it's a boy it'll get binned. Like Z5 it's too runty for ma taste On the other side of the tent, as it were, the HV/DT 1&2 are both now showin female so that's good. Only problem is they seem tae no have stretched much so far - am hopin they do a bit otherwise yield will be shite.
Wispy Afghan still stretchin but startin tae bud up a bit more now. An the blueberry auto is just doin its thing. Other than the baws am pretty happy wi this one, no really had tae feed it even an it's just chuggin along wi nae drama.

In the veg tent the Sinai is still goin slowly along. As soon as she hits roots at the drainage holes ah'll put her in 12/12. Just in a 2l coz ah can't be sure there's nae herm issues. Glasgow girl is also finally gettin close tae bein above soil - honestly thought she was fucked coz there was nae movement for days but ah can see cotyledons appearin so hopefully she'll be up proper soon. She'll also likely get a 12/12 ASAP coz ah cannae guarantee nae hermies.

Anyway, that's all. Photos attached coz ah still dunno how tae embed them. Need tae sort that out coz ah fuckin hate this new format.

Attachments

• photo2040394.jpg
    photo2040394.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 59
  • photo2040395.jpg
    photo2040395.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 49
  • photo2040397.jpg
    photo2040397.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 55
  • photo2040399.jpg
    photo2040399.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 49
  • photo2040398.jpg
    photo2040398.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2040400.jpg
    photo2040400.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2040401.jpg
    photo2040401.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 52

JockBudman

Quick wee update - got Z2 sexed as female an potted up, Z4 showed male an will be composted an in a total surprise for me, Z3 is also fem an potted up. Z6 still no showin for sure but am about 90% sure it's a boy. Havin said that, ah thought Z2 was a boy an all so mebbe ah'll get lucky.

So it looks like all the Malawi line plants are female an all the Thai line are male. Weird, but it is what it is eh? Bit shite no tae get a Thai line lad, but now Z2 is potted on she's spread out an stretched a fair bit an started makin pure thin leaves. Seein a decent bit of variation in flower now so looks like ah've got a good pheno spread.

See yous Latha na Sabadh (Sunday :laughing:)

bleepboop

Savage. Things are looking good for this round. How's the moorland gold looking? Holding water easily and staying fluff? It's still £9.50/40L at the garden centre and tempted to make up a fresh batch of soil with it once I've finished inoculating 80L of biochar as part of my traditional hoarding behaviours.
also picked up some granulated 0.3mm-0.7mm zeolite to use as rock dust. I just can't stomach the £26+9p&p for 5kg Greensand/glauconite.

JockBudman

Bit late on this week's update, but here's the photos an that from Sunday, end of week 4.

Everything is chuggin along an startin tae show more flower formation which is good. The hybrids have yellowed a bit coz am stuck in sativa mode wi the feedin, but ah upped it for them at the weekend so hopin that works. The HV/DT stuff has no stretched much either which is a bit of a bummer. Again though, it's kind of coz am now used to pure sats. Havin said that, the wispy Afghan cross is doin great - shows how f1 vigour plays out Vs f3 line breedin.

Only downside ah noticed the night is that two of ma zamaldelica may be growin baws. The biggest Z2 beast is fine but the other two are pretty suspicious at the nodes so ah'll keep an eye an pluck any that show up. Obviously in future, if ah line breed these, ah'll chuck any herms, but ah need the herb off these so hopefully ah can keep it under control.

Krippleberry is still doin fine - maybe 3 weeks out? Am shite at guessin mind.

Photos are in ma albums. Ah've tried postin them but it's no fuckin use, ah cannae make it happen even the way ah did the last few times. Startin tae think this might be the end of this thread an ma time here at the mag. No point stickin about postin when the website is so fuckin hard to use.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Hola, thanks for growing these out

The 2nd pic with the long cola and vinrant green leaves - is that the HV x BBB x GTxCC?
cuz it looks very much like the Beatrix pheno in HV and HVxBBB

HV throws out some sativa and some indica

The Goji I did is SuperSilverYoMamma x Goji F1 then pollinated by a Goji F2.
Then I F2ed that line

JockBudman

The 2nd pic with the long cola and vinrant green leaves - is that the HV x BBB x GTxCC?

Then I F2ed that line

Ceud mille fàilte dude, welcome to the thread and thanks for droppin by.

Tbh am no sure what the make-up is, bleepboop is the guy tae ask as he made these. Ah got them in a mix pack wi some Durban Tibet so ah didnae even know which ah'd get comin up. Got a load more HV an HV crosses an all, should be a photo up the thread somewhere but ah'll stick it up again the now so you can see.

Speakin of bleepboop, he dropped by the other week tae gie me some new cobs - massive bad boys much bigger than the tiny cobs ah used tae convert the old Mars panel ah have. Gonnae get a driver asap an get them wired an tested. Still dunno if they'll go in the now or at the start of the next run. Next run... He also dropped off a big bag of Red Snake f2 seeds, along wi over a half ounce of seeded Red Snake bud frae the same batch. Ah'll attach photos but it's a serious amount of seed an bud he's blessed me wi, am very lucky an thankful.:bow:

The snake is a lovely vape, sativa that hits hard at first wi a bit of couchlock an munchies but if ah get up it's a bit more like a heavier zamaldelica high. Very nice herb indeed an ah'll need tae get some of them seeds intae the next round for sure. Even seeded it's potent an ah've already pulled about another 100 seeds out the buds just breakin them up tae vape. Gonnae have plenty for future tae grow out, cross, line breed an gift out.

Hopin the photos attach right. Tent update comin soon now ah've calmed down a bit frae the frustration of usin the new s(h)ite.

Attachments

• photo2038451.jpg
    photo2038451.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 57
  • photo2045033.jpg
    photo2045033.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 57
  • photo2045034.jpg
    photo2045034.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2045112.jpg
    photo2045112.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 58

bleepboop

Then I F2ed that line

Hiya it was straight out of a pack of HV F3 Beatrix that!

Attached some photos of things that came outta that batch. The photo you mention was a particularly lovely and mildly trippy pheno.

Attachments

• photo2000256.jpg
    photo2000256.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 47
  • photo2000257.jpg
    photo2000257.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 47
  • photo2016448.jpg
    photo2016448.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 49
  • photo2016449.jpg
    photo2016449.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 50
  • photo2016450.jpg
    photo2016450.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 52
  • photo2020252.jpg
    photo2020252.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 55
  • photo2020253.jpg
    photo2020253.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 47
  • photo2020254.jpg
    photo2020254.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 49
  • photo2020255.jpg
    photo2020255.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 47
  • photo2038479.jpg
    photo2038479.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 50

bleepboop

The pheno THCVhunter mentioned... Theres two lots of seeds jockbudman has like that..

2018 HV f3 (pictured)x hvf2/Jamaican pineapple skunk/Willie Nelson male
And HV F4 #3 showed similar leaves, but not similar structure.

Thanks JockBudman, Y'all know you're always welcome. They're lumileds sunplus rose 1825. 54v chips, take about 120w peak. Helpful bit of far red in there too.
Glad you got to try the red snake too. You've got about 1/3 of the seeds from the squat plant. I fully couldn't be bothered trying to shuck anymore from it and knew you'd get something vapeable out of it like. Better than green manure. You're way better at explaining effects than me too.

bleepboop

Last thing.. the mixed pack JockBudman popped was seeds from both
HV f3 mom x hvf2 jps wn dad

​​​​​​Or

DDT x Boggle Dragon x Goji as mentioned. With pollen from a Hawaiian nld male.

It was my second round with the stock Thcvhunter sent me way back when.

JockBudman

Thanks tae both of you for the info on the High Voltage, looking forward tae seein how these come out :tiphat:

Things are lookin good in the tent this week, the krippleberry is close tae done, the suspicious bits on the nodes on all the zamaldelica turned out tae be wee buds (though am keepin an eye just in case) an everythin is flowerin well.

Had a wee filter issue - krippleberry really stinks - but ah got it fixed by puttin a new filter in an stickin the old on the other end.

No much else tae report really, just photos tae have a look at. Enjoy

Attachments

• photo2045480.jpg
    photo2045480.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 50
  • photo2045481.jpg
    photo2045481.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 51
  • photo2045482.jpg
    photo2045482.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 50
  • photo2045483.jpg
    photo2045483.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2045484.jpg
    photo2045484.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 50
  • photo2045485.jpg
    photo2045485.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2045486.jpg
    photo2045486.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 49
  • photo2045488.jpg
    photo2045488.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 50
  • photo2045487.jpg
    photo2045487.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 52

JockBudman

Sorry for the lack of updates, busy wi work an that. Ah got photos Saturday at the end of week 9 which are below. There's more coverin weeks 7&8 in ma albums but am gonnae skip them for now an just get the week 9 ones up. Life's too mental for updates tae make up for lost time am afraid.

The zamaldelica are properly buddin now an it looks like Z1 is gonnae be the best in terms of structure an growth. Z3 might yeild about the same, but ah prefer the look of the Z1. Z2 was ma favourite, but she'll no yield much an is too lanky wi too much stem. Maybe another 5-6 weeks on them but hard tae tell really.

Krippleberry came down, dried an is gettin vaped the now. Flavour an smell is close tae zkittzo tae the point where ah'd be inclined tae believe they used a super skunk auto as the mystery "male". High is ok, nothin special. Bit creeper an builds tae a balance of body an head. Ma big complaint is the stuff fuckin reeks - seriously, ah only need tae open the jar an grind a bud tae stink out the whole house. No useful when you want tae keep things low key - am hopin a cure helps wi that as the mono terps fade out. Only gave me 14g in the end which is utter shite. The buds looked nice an fat on the plant but they were just dead airy. Ah can already tell this will be a pish grow for yield wi how skinny the Z2 is so ah needed a good result off this auto but it is what it is.

The HV DT stuff is nearin the end, maybe another two weeks on the 2, an maybe another one again for the 1. Ah assumed they'd be about done now but still chuckin pistils an gainin weight. The #2 chucked a few nanas but ah think I caught it in time. Probably just heat stress as the temps are soarin the now. The Z2 showed loads of red hairs the same day ah found them, but she's the other end of the tent an was totally wilted an stressed hersel so ah need tae wait an see on that one.

The nice surprise is the wispy Afghan which is still gainin weight an slowly finishin up. Am guessin another 2 weeks at least - the mother was an 10-11 weeker an so was the only other child of the father ah've grown out. That one turned rapid an all so am expectin this one will finish up sudden like. No expectin huge weight or amazin effects but for a plant ah had nae expectations of, she's startin tae make me take notice. Nice limey smell still an am lookin forward tae tryin her out when she's done.

Photos below, thanks all :tiphat:

Attachments

• photo2050236.jpg
    photo2050236.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2050237.jpg
    photo2050237.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 47
  • photo2050238.jpg
    photo2050238.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2050239.jpg
    photo2050239.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 46
  • photo2050241.jpg
    photo2050241.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 51
  • photo2050242.jpg
    photo2050242.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2050243.jpg
    photo2050243.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2050244.jpg
    photo2050244.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 50

JockBudman

Archived post frae week 10... New update tae follow...

End of week 10 update time. Took down the HV DT 2 coz it kept chuckin nanas. Ah plucked as many as ah could but they kept comin. She had mostly cloudy trichs anyways so it's fine. HV DT 1 only showed a few an is still goin - ah was hopin the hybrids would be done by now, but her an wispy Afghan are still pushin pistils out.

On the zamaldelica side the Z1 still dominates wi plenty of big buds and a nice coat of frost. Ah got some shots out the tent tae show her big top bud.
Z2&3 are still underwhelmin. Z2 is just gonnae run for ages an yeild fuck all an the Z3 has almost no trichs. Really hopin that changes soon on both counts - ah need them done in the next 4 weeks ideally.

Nothin left but photies to post...

​​​​​​​

Attachments

• photo2051543.jpg
    photo2051543.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 50
  • photo2051544.jpg
    photo2051544.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2051545.jpg
    photo2051545.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 47