What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving to Spain

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Hola amigos
My Espan(wave on top)ol is not much yet, so sorry for the English. I'm set to learn Spanish as soon as possible.

After a rough patch for 3 years following a grow bust, I'm looking to get to growing again. Due to the allowing nature of the Spanish law and the elections in Israel (the supreme leader needs to show he can beat covid and opens flights for the first time in a year, starting next week), we are moving out in a haste following our cannadreams.

Main problem we expect is that not me or my girl have been to Spain yet. We've been to Barcelona when it was considered Spain, but never ventured further.
What area in Spain is considered best in weather for weed growing? Valencia?
Where can I expect to find cheap housing and living in the county side? Is there a place that specifically have cheaper electricity?

How you all Spanish growers doing?

Cheers
-Fonzee

El Timbo

Inland between Alicante and Almeria can be cheap and has good growing weather - very hot in summer though.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Inland between Alicante and Almeria can be cheap and has good growing weather - very hot in summer though.

Thanks for the input, I'll look into it.
The average temps are quite high year-round, kind of scares me

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
how about canary islands? i'm also planing to move to spain but i have no idea where exactly. only criterias for me are cheap area and nice weather.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I think real estate is more expensive there, and I really dig moving weed with a car rather than on a boat.

Weaterwise it should be great for outdoor. However, I rather have a winter to reduce the amount of pests in spring.

ErDruida

Canary Islands = 12/12 almost 365 days.

If you need to move weed, you better smoke them, or send clones of your strains to somebody that return them to you. But dry weed ready to smoke its kinda dangerous.

Thinking on growing only, Canary Islands is one of the best places on Spain, even on the world. Real state depends of the site, town etc, it is like a mini continent :biggrin: You can live in a really good house, outside capital, really cheap.

If you need information or any help just pm.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Canary Islands = 12/12 almost 365 days.

If you need to move weed, you better smoke them, or send clones of your strains to somebody that return them to you. But dry weed ready to smoke its kinda dangerous.

Thinking on growing only, Canary Islands is one of the best places on Spain, even on the world. Real state depends of the site, town etc, it is like a mini continent :biggrin: You can live in a really good house, outside capital, really cheap.

If you need information or any help just pm.
Thanks for the input!

Canary Islands have a tropical weather, so it made me skeptic about pest management.
Why is dry weed dangerous?
Main problem I found in the Canary Islands, is getting the weed out of the island. Distribution on the island is also a problem?

Also, how can I score cheap electricity in spain? Is it (much) cheaper in certain areas?

Last edited:

ErDruida

Here everything about cannabis is ilegal. Cannabis clubs are in the line betwen legal/ilegal, because grow ganja is ilegal, no matter number of plants. Thats why you cant distributing, getting out, etc without problems. However, everybody find the way... and the law isnt strong about it, except when you sell your weed. Here is where the cannabis club´s work, maybe you can grow for clubs, but it is no 100% safe. Again, you aint gonna go to jail, at the first time youll getting arrested.

In general, Spain is land for scammers, electric companys, goberment, etc, so you can find some companys cheaper than others, but in general is not cheap. 0.20 KW/h is the start point, more or less.

Canary islands is a very good place for growing, tropical weather but rain very few, so no problem with pest management. Its also good because the law isn strong about cannabis, but you cant safely smoke on the street , for example, and people doesnt get well to ganja mens. Good food, good beaches, good places, bad government, a little retrogade, retrogade people, a lot of misinformation.. But you can find many groups of cannabis lovers/growers, some nice ppl, canary islands is a safe place to live, some areas are not good but I think is a good place to live, and one of the best places in the world to grow cannabis outdoors.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Here everything about cannabis is ilegal. Cannabis clubs are in the line betwen legal/ilegal, because grow ganja is ilegal, no matter number of plants. Thats why you cant distributing, getting out, etc without problems. However, everybody find the way... and the law isnt strong about it, except when you sell your weed. Here is where the cannabis club´s work, maybe you can grow for clubs, but it is no 100% safe. Again, you aint gonna go to jail, at the first time youll getting arrested.

In general, Spain is land for scammers, electric companys, goberment, etc, so you can find some companys cheaper than others, but in general is not cheap. 0.20 KW/h is the start point, more or less.

Canary islands is a very good place for growing, tropical weather but rain very few, so no problem with pest management. Its also good because the law isn strong about cannabis, but you cant safely smoke on the street , for example, and people doesnt get well to ganja mens. Good food, good beaches, good places, bad government, a little retrogade, retrogade people, a lot of misinformation.. But you can find many groups of cannabis lovers/growers, some nice ppl, canary islands is a safe place to live, some areas are not good but I think is a good place to live, and one of the best places in the world to grow cannabis outdoors.

Well, I can take -some- risk... Where I'm from, I just finished a 3 years sentence (1 year in prison minus a few months on good behavior) for 2 flowering rooms.
I'm not looking for super legal work, just to sharply reduce my risks.

While Canary Islands seems amazing in many ways, the fact that they are islands and kinds of far from Spain puts me off. I definitely wish to go there for a vacation, but having the option to conveniently export my produce (I do quite a bit of agriculture everywhere I go) seems important to me. If I'm already in that area, why not take the leap and move to Morocco?

I'm now looking into the Basque area, to be honest, I'm not ever sure what I'm looking for, but I've heard they are much more weed friendly there

Cannawinner

Veteran
I have an Israeli friend who moved to Spain to grow weed. He was loving it. Lived there for about 8 months or so. I even went to visit him He was living out on a farm about a 3 hour train ride from Barcelona. It was an amazing farm. He bought himself a RV truck and drove around the countryside. It was really incredible. Until his whole grow was stolen. Came back one day to harvest his crop, only to find it all GONE
He returned to Israel shortly after that, I dont think he is on IC mag. but dont know.

ErDruida

Well, I can take -some- risk... Where I'm from, I just finished a 3 years sentence (1 year in prison minus a few months on good behavior) for 2 flowering rooms.
I'm not looking for super legal work, just to sharply reduce my risks.

While Canary Islands seems amazing in many ways, the fact that they are islands and kinds of far from Spain puts me off. I definitely wish to go there for a vacation, but having the option to conveniently export my produce (I do quite a bit of agriculture everywhere I go) seems important to me. If I'm already in that area, why not take the leap and move to Morocco?

I'm now looking into the Basque area, to be honest, I'm not ever sure what I'm looking for, but I've heard they are much more weed friendly there

Spain is a lot of different as canary islands. Here is like 1990 in Madrid ^^ maybe for u, in spain, is better the places on south of peninsula. Andalucía, Murcia...to much hours of sun but if you´re thinking to grow outdoor some months you wouldnt have 12 hours of night, and too much hot in august, september... the ganja is to cheap in the street btw.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I have an Israeli friend who moved to Spain to grow weed. He was loving it. Lived there for about 8 months or so. I even went to visit him He was living out on a farm about a 3 hour train ride from Barcelona. It was an amazing farm. He bought himself a RV truck and drove around the countryside. It was really incredible. Until his whole grow was stolen. Came back one day to harvest his crop, only to find it all GONE
He returned to Israel shortly after that, I dont think he is on IC mag. but dont know.
Yeh, I've heard these stories more than once.
But I've heard about them in Israel also. It happens quite a lot.
Security is important everywhere. We are working on security :)

Spain is a lot of different as canary islands. Here is like 1990 in Madrid ^^ maybe for u, in spain, is better the places on south of peninsula. Andalucía, Murcia...to much hours of sun but if you´re thinking to grow outdoor some months you wouldnt have 12 hours of night, and too much hot in august, september... the ganja is to cheap in the street btw.
One outdoor cycle a year is plenty for me, but how does the quality of produce from these different regions compare?

It seems I'm late for this years cycle, so I'll probably be doing strictly indoor until next year, yet I rather stay in the area I wish to stay to grow in.

ErDruida

The quality from outdoors in Andalucia is very good, high yield, you need to be careful with some plagues but you are an experience grower so aint have a problem at all

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
The quality from outdoors in Andalucia is very good, high yield, you need to be careful with some plagues but you are an experience grower so aint have a problem at all

Isnt that specific region problematic with weed? Ive read seville for instance is a no go.

ErDruida

I don't know exactly where it is more problematic, but I know that the capitals, the large urbanized places are worse than the surroundings, areas with less "movement" ... I don't know how to explain that but you will understand, It is the same in Gran Canaria for example It is much better to grow marijuana in the periphery than in the capital, less police control, less problematic neighbors, but the bad thing is that it is better to steal in this area. Seville is the capital of andalucia, so isnt the best place. Best place is always a house in the middle of nothing :) just charge your shotgun and feel free to grow :laughing: Huelva, granada, murcia, almería...

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I don't know exactly where it is more problematic, but I know that the capitals, the large urbanized places are worse than the surroundings, areas with less "movement" ... I don't know how to explain that but you will understand, It is the same in Gran Canaria for example It is much better to grow marijuana in the periphery than in the capital, less police control, less problematic neighbors, but the bad thing is that it is better to steal in this area. Seville is the capital of andalucia, so isnt the best place. Best place is always a house in the middle of nothing :) just charge your shotgun and feel free to grow :laughing: Huelva, granada, murcia, almería...
Thanks for the input, I was thinking about the same concept. It is also cheaper in remote locations, and less prone to covid.

ErDruida

Exactly, if youll go in low profile, 0 problems, many people grow in the periphery and some of them didnt take enhough care, experienced growers can do everything without issues

Montuno

...como el Son...
Pero exactamente que buscas? Cultivar en exterior para exportar? Cuanta cantidad de hierba, y a donde?
...Si pretentedes llegar tu solo con un un coche cargado de verde desde España a Holanda (por ejemplo), te aconsejo encarecidamente que te informes de en lo que te metes, y mas si hablamos de mover kilos...

But what exactly are you looking for? Growing outdoors for export? How much weed, and where to?
...If you intend to arrive alone with a car loaded with green from Spain to Holland (for example), I strongly advise you to inform yourself about what you are getting into, and even more if we are talking about moving kilos...

pd:

​...En cuento a lo de Marruecos... Vale si eres musulman; olvidate, si eres judio...

...As for Morocco... OK if you are Muslim; forget it, if you are Jewish....​​​​​​

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well if you need bud quality control.. you can count on me! Good luck with the move! ☮

ankhori

Buenas!

En España para cultivar en exterior tienes muchísimos lugares maravillosos. Toda la zona del mediterraneo es buenísima, salen hierbones brutales cargados de resina y colocón. Las islas canarias son perfectas para el cultivo de sativas tropicales de larga duración.

Ten cuidado, en España es cierto que ser drogadicto no es delito, pero la venta de marihuana sí lo es, informate muy muy muy bien antes de hacer nada, la seguridad ante todo