What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's talk 'West Cork Wonder'

medazza

Anyone any experience, tips, observations, smoke reports?

Going to try a few guerilla grows this year so wondering if anyone had past xp with WCW.

Nice 1.

meltybubble

Never heard of it, love to see pictures.
Who is it by?
I have some Buena Hierba auto's to put out, Bubblegum and Alien OG.
Good to see a new poster in this forum.
Greetz.

Last edited:

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
western wonder? mentioned on here before, sativa, decades old, if you go digging theres some photos somewhere on here (think they were under a powerline).

Old seeds or fresh?

Buena Hierba auto's

been drooling over his stuff for years, hope they all go well

medazza

Found a pack of seeds in funky skunk in cork. Its from the hippies down west cork direction. they've been growing out doors up the mountain for 30 odd years.

they say the plants can handle cold down to -3 C and its well used to irish climate.

was curious if anyone had tried it before.

cloneX

interesting never heard of or knew that there was an irish strain any pics yet would be really interesting to see how it does and battles aphids, mildew and bloody botris
Does that cork shop have a website??

medazza

The do have a website but the 'west cork wonder' isn't listed on it.

All i remember from the info page on their inshop catalogue is that it supposedly can handle temps down to -3 C and they have been growing it down west cork since the 80's.

You gets 50 seeds for 60 euro . but from what I've discovered so far maybe 50% of the seed will crack.

I'm hoping that 30 years of surviving our Irish climate will make it fairly resistant to outdoor issues . Fingers crossed. lol

Nup

I wouldn't mind talking to the lads who got that "western wonder" stuff going there. Must be some good stories.
That stuff would be pretty interesting, it gets pretty cold during winter alright, had an indoor plant get stunned lightly.

Also the thread you mentioned, VonBudi, is here, but the pics seem to be gone :(
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=184878