Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello guys ,im jeans91 from italy , i post here bexause i think its inappropriate to open a new thread for my question...
    Well i'm plannig to come in australia for one here with a working -holiday visa ,im a grower here in italy where its forbbiden to grow cannabis .
    Now im choosing a place in australia where its confortable to grow cannabis now my question is :
    Is it legal to grow cannabis there ?
    Whats are the rules of growing cannabis ?
    What are the risk overthere about growing?
    Sorry if all the questions are stupid but im addicted from growing this amazing plant hope in a reply from you guys ...
    L.e.d Manufacture

New monster series led :
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=280631

Comment

Originally posted by jeans91 View Post
      Hello guys ,im jeans91 from italy , i post here bexause i think its inappropriate to open a new thread for my question...
      Well i'm plannig to come in australia for one here with a working -holiday visa ,im a grower here in italy where its forbbiden to grow cannabis .
      Now im choosing a place in australia where its confortable to grow cannabis now my question is :
      Is it legal to grow cannabis there ?
      Whats are the rules of growing cannabis ?
      What are the risk overthere about growing?
      Sorry if all the questions are stupid but im addicted from growing this amazing plant hope in a reply from you guys ...
      No. Highly illegal.

In some states possession of up to 14gms only gets you a warning. But the cops still steal your smoke. If you're from overseas they might send you home.

If you grow indoors there may be a charge of "enhanced cultivation". The cops and court are so stupid they think growing under lights makes plants automatically highly potent. Turns hemp into kush apparently (joke).

The risks are the same as any where. Many people don't like police and consider snitching or "dogging" a very bad thing but some people are stupid and will call police. Especially in Queensland.

Its a big country with lots of bush and the cops cant be everywhere at once. How big are your balls?

Good luck mate. Hope you enjoy your adventure.

Comment

Sound design for climbers. Does the fencing also go into ground to deter burrowers, rats, mice ...?

Saw your grow in that enclosure in another thread, very nice work.

Originally posted by Sat X RB View Post
        I was put on to this style of fencing by Silver Surfer OG who directed me to a web site. and lately Saibai has had trouble with beasties eating his garden so here's my variation of what's on the web:

it's pretty easy to see how I 've done things ... but you can ask me for any details.

The story with Possums is that they will eat yr plants at any stage. if yr plants are large they will, in the manner of american Beavers, chew the stem halfway thru, and then climb up the stem so that their weight breaks the plant down to ground level where they feel nice and safe while chewing.

so even tho possums are good climbers they die easily from falls and are afraid to climb anything that seems unsteady. when they climb this fence they reach out to the overhang and when they find the overhang sags and wobbles when they touch it they return to ground.

in my experience this style of fence works even when there is a drought and the local beasties are VERY hungry.

the fence pictured is of high tensile mesh 1200 high but this is not necessary. chicken wire 900 high will do the trick equally well. bear in mind yr looking for FLOPPY, not strength or even height.

the mesh fixed horizontally is chicken wire cut in half longways. if you cut it so that there are 'loose ends' those ends can easily be bent around the vertical fencing and no elaborate fasteners are needed. if you use chickenwire instead of high tensile mesh you will have to thread a plain wire thru the top of the mesh and pull it taut between star pickets at the corners to have something to tie yr halfmesh to.

Comment

Originally posted by rexamus616 View Post
          This info is from Cannabis Culture mag #58, in an article called "Australian Bush Paradise" By Joe Walsh.
          (copyrighted, sorry joe.)
          --------------------------------

enjoy.
          Good article... but no mention of possums!
          Possums are my no.1 problem...

Comment

Yeah, i hear, i'm a bastard
            HHardcore warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Jesco View Post
              Good article... but no mention of possums!
              Possums are my no.1 problem...
              i havent had any trouble with possums and cannabis in australia ,
              they are little buggers though and once they get a taste for something they are relentless ,
              however with cannabis in later growth im pretty sure its not so tasty for the possum , early sprouts might be palatable, they are at the mercy of many things ,

anyhow , we used an electric fence run off a solar panel ,
              quite a challenge for the possum , they usually touch things with their nose first ,, ill bet its a bit of a surprise ,, gave me enough of a one stepping over it once ,, omg .. lol ..

Comment

years ago there was an overhanging tree next to house and possoms would come down on long branch with there weight and let go !! BANG THUD !! land on roof and go back another way , think they were trying to get at young sparrows. big fat brushtail.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Mallard View Post
                  they are little buggers though and once they get a taste for something they are relentless ,
                  however with cannabis in later growth im pretty sure its not so tasty for the possum , early sprouts might be palatable, they are at the mercy of many things ,

quite a challenge for the possum , they usually touch things with their nose first ,, ill bet its a bit of a surprise ,, gave me enough of a one stepping over it once ,, omg .. lol ..
                  I'm electric fencing my fruit trees before spring, the possums literally got all the fruit from my 33 trees this year...

I can absolutely assure you too that they will eat cannabis at any stage, I've lost many pounds of heads to the bastards :/
                  I grew a Blue Cheese two years ago and the plant grew much larger than expected, I tried everything to keep it 2ft below the top of my cage (11ft) but no luck. They got every last top cola... sigh.

It's strange though, sometimes you will have a year where you have little to no problems and then the next year you get hammered by possums.

Comment

I feel for you man
                    they are relentless little bastards ,
                    the amount of work they create for me is unbelievable ,
                    thankfully my guys don't seem to like cannabis ,
                    but anything else they will gladly either eat or destroy so its not useable for any other animal ...
                    I was just debating how im gonna keep them off some Roma tomatoes i want to plant,
                    likely end up with individual cages with netting over each , im gonna get that possum one day ...

Comment

I feel for
                      I was just debating how im gonna keep them off some Roma tomatoes i want to plant,
                      likely end up with individual cages with netting over each , im gonna get that possum one day ...
                      I use cages mate
                      They work very well
                      Squiggles Pics

Organic Fanatics - Australia (SilverSurfer OG's work in progress)

The Sacred Ghee

Sweet Tooth Society

:ying:Nam-myoho-renge-kyo:ying:

Comment

I've had this both ways. One place I lived in the resident possums would taste is, and then they never wanted to taste it again.

The new place I am in they cost me quite a bit of money. Floppy fence, they figured that out... cadges, they would eat everything growing out of it. They absolutely love the stuff, seedling or full flower. Destructive fuckers, would just leave you with a stalk. Electric fence was the only way to solve it. I earthed to the chicken wire and ran an electric wire around that. I imagine it is one hell of a shock for their small body. It fried a few spiders.

Comment

Working...
                        X