What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where is everyone buying seeds now?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
One issue I have with local seedbanks is that the police can get a warrant and sieze the customer list and then raid the customers, they just won't go through the rigmarole for international seedbanks.

Lukerussell2601

Attitude. Hands down. Had an order picked up by customs, emailed attitude. New seeds were at my door in 13 days. Not the fastest but great customer service and heaps of free seeds. Decent freebies too, not just the same white widow freebies you've been getting since 02

Boatswain

One issue I have with local seedbanks is that the police can get a warrant and sieze the customer list and then raid the customers, they just won't go through the rigmarole for international seedbanks.

Yeah i thought the same so before i ordered locally i checked who hosts their sites...I think if its hosted outside Australia the same limitations would apply as they do to international banks like you mention...

sites like caveman seem to have been running without issues for years, i have ordred from them and a few others without issues.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Yeah i thought the same so before i ordered locally i checked who hosts their sites...I think if its hosted outside Australia the same limitations would apply as they do to international banks like you mention...

sites like caveman seem to have been running without issues for years, i have ordred from them and a few others without issues.

They all run without issues for years, until suddenly they don't. Yantra were convenient but now gone. Aussie Baked Beans suddenly ran out of stock (what happened?) or are out of business SSS, gone. Trouble with locals is when they shut up shop, you never know if they've been busted or not.

I think I have purchased my last seeds tbh. I have plenty of my own crosses and f2s to last a lifetime. With me there's always something new I want to try though. Seed collecting is an addiction.

gatts

Tried a few packs from madcanna recently. All beans germed quickly no problems, used bitcoin and a safe addy.

I just got an order from new420guy. 2 orders placed, the one with the hoodie got through. As stated above, buying some merch helps.

Best thing we could do here is start connecting with other growers with cuts of good genetics and share them! (not here of course it would breach site TOU).

I miss that Nice Chunk from SSS. It went herm on me and I tossed it. What a great hashy taste and exceptional yield.

benjuanman

Veteran
Just got a few beans from OaSeeds and they chucked in a heap of freebies. Definitely will be using them again can't fault their service.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Got my order from Original Sensible Seeds, already germinated one, got 4 freebies, will try them out some time.

StickyBandit

Attitude was perfect :)
https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/
Paid with BTC. Got stealth postage with the wallet and got HEAPS of freebies :D
I bought the Super Silver Haze and Cookies Gelato and the rest were freebies
I would have got UFO too I think it was, if I spent a few more $
I have yet to test them but if even half work I'm on a winner :)

Seeds1.jpg
Seeds2.jpg

Attachments

• Seeds1.jpg
    Seeds1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 86

StickyBandit

I bought some seeds from cavemanseeds.com.au a while back
Critical Mass, Australian Dead Head and they threw in 2 Lemon and Lime Jones seeds
It was a little expensive and communication was a problem
Anyways, I planted them all together and the LLJ hermied hard and seeded the whole grow so I chucked all the new cross seeds out and ended the grow with some seeded bud
I still had a few ADH and CM seeds left so I grew them without the LLJ and no problems
I planted the second LLJ and it too hermied so I pulled it early this time and identified it as the bad one. No problems since.

A while later I ordered more seeds from Caveman. 3 different types including OG Kush and Wedding Cake and something I forget because it never came with the order
During the time between the order and payment they sold out but I paid the money and didn't get them or a replacement and no reply to emails

I never even mentioned about the LLJ hermie seeding my whole grow room because I didn't want to cloud the issue of the non-delivery of the seeds I had paid for and label me as a serial complainer so I just put it down to a learning experience and moved on
I shouldn't have to chase people for this kind of thing. Life is too short :)

I have nothing against them I am merely stating the facts to make others aware

XbX

Critical Mass, Australian Dead Head and they threw in 2 Lemon and Lime Jones seeds
Anyways, I planted them all together and the LLJ hermied hard and seeded the whole grow so I chucked all the new cross seeds out and ended the grow with some seeded bud
I still had a few ADH and CM seeds left so I grew them without the LLJ and no problems
I planted the second LLJ and it too hermied so I pulled it early this time and identified it as the bad one. No problems since.

A while later I ordered more seeds from Caveman. 3 different types including OG Kush and Wedding Cake and something I forget because it never came with the order
During the time between the order and payment they sold out but I paid the money and didn't get them or a replacement and no reply to emails

I never even mentioned about the LLJ hermie seeding my whole grow room because I didn't want to cloud the issue of the non-delivery of the seeds I had paid for and label me as a serial complainer so I just put it down to a learning experience and moved on

try kangaseeds.store i read good things about them on reddit and grasscity

XbX

This is the Kangaseeds diesel block, a cross of ecsd and the old Spice of Life Blockhead. Smokes up super sweet, much like the Sweet Tooth that Blockhead came from. Edit: Thus is grown by my friend, not me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DniVnUN.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	17962655

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Ive sold over 10,000 Feminized seed of Lemon N Lime Jones over a decade and cant ever think of ever a report of hermie LLJ ?
do a google search yourself so sounds very strange , ive also given out 1000's of LLJ as freebies and only ever had glowing reports so sounds very strange ?
Was it indoor or outdoor you run them ?
you got any pics of these hermies.
how long have you bren growing

StickyBandit

Ive sold over 10,000 Feminized seed of Lemon N Lime Jones over a decade and cant ever think of ever a report of hermie LLJ ?
do a google search yourself so sounds very strange , ive also given out 1000's of LLJ as freebies and only ever had glowing reports so sounds very strange ?

Hi there ojd
No pics of that grow sorry. I've just started doing that since I joined this community.
I've been growing for about 25 years straight now and never had this issue before
I was told that the freebee was L&LJ so that's all I have to go off. I was looking forward to the results :)
I took some clones off the one I grew from seed before I turned it. I grew them in a different tent thinking it may have been a light bleed that caused it but they did exactly the same thing so I gave them the chop too.
I had no problems at all with the Australian Dead Head or the Critical Mass or the Wedding Cake from Caveman but the OG Kush hermied too which I have posted pics of here https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...led-out-hermie
Maybe something I'm doing is stressing them out a little but most of my grows are fine
Here is the OG Kush center rear looking happy enough just before the chop
Left to right Australian Dead Head, Wedding Cake (front) and Critical Mass
I grew out the hermied tent full of plants for a while because we had nothing else to smoke. I saved and labelled seeds from them all and still have them in the fridge. The L&LJ will likely be pure but the ADH and CMass seeds may have the L&LJ as the father.
Now that I think about it I also gave some cuttings to a friend which also hermied and he pulled them before they turned his crop, so it's not just me.
Cheers

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210911_104305.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.7 KB ID:	17945406

The L&LJ cross seeds are all labelled. I should have thrown them out really and I probably will :)
20210917_213833.jpg

Last edited:

XbX

Wasn't there a report of at least late hermaphroditism in some phenos in the one of the original test grow diaries?

XbX

Maybe something I'm doing is stressing them out a little but most of my grows are fine

Forcing 12/12 prior to the feminised seeds reaching sexual determination (determined by observing primoridia in veg) can lead to hermaphroditism especially in preflowers of feminised seeds. Sometimes you might see a few developed male sacs that release pollen. But that condition also can revert back to full female.However if any pollen was thrown you end up with beans. My issue with some of the caveman beans was that some were just DOA like poorly stored and would not germinate. Then ones that I did get going produced frothy loose buds that seemed monecious, producing both sexes in the clusters on mass. These were not connoiseur genetics they were the ski mask ones.

Edit: Yeah so basicaly best practice for fem beanz is to veg till they have gotten over any hermaproditic tendencies by only flipping when you've seen multiple nodes of pistils on every specimen, but that does not stop monecious individuals getting through every now and then.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wasn't there a report of at least late hermaphroditism in some phenos in the one of the original test grow diaries?

Casey Jones puts out some bananas last week but never seeds and is always sterile pollen.
ive made over 500,000 seeds with Casey Jones and the bananas in last week is a known trait but never any issue.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there ojd
No pics of that grow sorry. I've just started doing that since I joined this community.
I've been growing for about 25 years straight now and never had this issue before
I was told that the freebee was L&LJ so that's all I have to go off. I was looking forward to the results :)
I took some clones off the one I grew from seed before I turned it. I grew them in a different tent thinking it may have been a light bleed that caused it but they did exactly the same thing so I gave them the chop too.
I had no problems at all with the Australian Dead Head or the Critical Mass or the Wedding Cake from Caveman but the OG Kush hermied too which I have posted pics of here https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...led-out-hermie
Here is the OG Kush center rear looking happy enough just before the chop
Left to right Australian Dead Head, Wedding Cake (front) and Critical Mass
I grew out the hermied tent full of plants for a while because we had nothing else to smoke. I saved and labelled seeds from them all and still have them in the fridge. The L&LJ will likely be pure but the ADH and CMass seeds may have the L&LJ as the father.
Now that I think about it I also gave some cuttings to a friend which also hermied and he pulled them before they turned his crop, so it's not just me.
Cheers

The L&LJ cross seeds are all labelled. I should have thrown them out really and I probably will :)

The seeds you recieved were not an official pack of Lemon N Lime Jones and were loose seeds so defo sounds strange as i said i been selling Lemon N Lime Jones for over 10 years with nothing but glowing reports so dont know what the issue could be.

You got any pics of your mates LLJ or even pics of LLJ you run to check it wasnt a lighteak so i can see the structure and if it looks like LLJ ? , or any of the X's

StickyBandit

The seeds you recieved were not an official pack of Lemon N Lime Jones and were loose seeds so defo sounds strange as i said i been selling Lemon N Lime Jones for over 10 years with nothing but glowing reports so dont know what the issue could be.

You got any pics of your mates LLJ or even pics of LLJ you run to check it wasnt a lighteak so i can see the structure and if it looks like LLJ ? , or any of the X's

Sorry I didn't get any pics and I only got the one bonus seed so I can't send any left over seeds.
The one I grew definitely had Y chromosomes because there was powder on the leaves below and it seeded the room. If you had these genetics you would know.
I gave a friend a few clones from the young L&LJ cabbage plant's first trim and he planted them outdoors and they hermied too. So def Y chromosomes!
I don't believe it was you but I bought from Australia.
I still have the resulting cross seeds but I will probably toss those.

Here are the viles they arrived in. L&LJ on the right :)
Click image for larger version  Name:	viles.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.7 KB ID:	17946646

Latest posts

Latest posts