Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StickyBandit View Post
    I bought some seeds from cavemanseeds.com.au a while back
    Critical Mass, Australian Dead Head and they threw in 2 Lemon and Lime Jones seeds
    It was a little expensive and communication was a problem
    Anyways, I planted them all together and the LLJ hermied hard and seeded the whole grow so I chucked all the new cross seeds out and ended the grow with some seeded bud
    I still had a few ADH and CM seeds left so I grew them without the LLJ and no problems
    I planted the second LLJ and it too hermied so I pulled it early this time and identified it as the bad one. No problems since.

A while later I ordered more seeds from Caveman. 3 different types including OG Kush and Wedding Cake and something I forget because it never came with the order
    During the time between the order and payment they sold out but I paid the money and didn't get them or a replacement and no reply to emails

I never even mentioned about the LLJ hermie seeding my whole grow room because I didn't want to cloud the issue of the non-delivery of the seeds I had paid for and label me as a serial complainer so I just put it down to a learning experience and moved on
    I shouldn't have to chase people for this kind of thing. Life is too short

I have nothing against them I am merely stating the facts to make others aware
    try kangaseeds.store i read good things about them on reddit and grasscity

Comment

Originally posted by XbX View Post

try kangaseeds.store i read good things about them on reddit and grasscity
      👍 I'll take a look
      I found attitude pretty good and they accept BTC and they gave me about 13 extras

Comment

This is the Kangaseeds diesel block, a cross of ecsd and the old Spice of Life Blockhead. Smokes up super sweet, much like the Sweet Tooth that Blockhead came from. Edit: Thus is grown by my friend, not me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DniVnUN.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	17962655
        Last edited by XbX; 10-09-2021, 22:45.

Comment

I bought some seeds from cavemanseeds.com.au a while back
          Critical Mass, Australian Dead Head and they threw in 2 Lemon and Lime Jones seeds
          It was a little expensive and communication was a problem
          Anyways, I planted them all together and the LLJ hermied hard and seeded the whole grow so I chucked all the new cross seeds out and ended the grow with some seeded bud
          I still had a few ADH and CM seeds left so I grew them without the LLJ and no problems
          I planted the second LLJ and it too hermied so I pulled it early this time and identified it as the bad one. No problems since.

A while later I ordered more seeds from Caveman. 3 different types including OG Kush and Wedding Cake and something I forget because it never came with the order
          During the time between the order and payment they sold out but I paid the money and didn't get them or a replacement and no reply to emails

I never even mentioned about the LLJ hermie seeding my whole grow room because I didn't want to cloud the issue of the non-delivery of the seeds I had paid for and label me as a serial complainer so I just put it down to a learning experience and moved on
          I shouldn't have to chase people for this kind of thing. Life is too short

I have nothing against them I am merely stating the facts to make others aware
          Ive sold over 10,000 Feminized seed of Lemon N Lime Jones over a decade and cant ever think of ever a report of hermie LLJ ?
          do a google search yourself so sounds very strange , ive also given out 1000's of LLJ as freebies and only ever had glowing reports so sounds very strange ?
          Was it indoor or outdoor you run them ?
          you got any pics of these hermies.
          how long have you bren growing
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ojd View Post

Ive sold over 10,000 Feminized seed of Lemon N Lime Jones over a decade and cant ever think of ever a report of hermie LLJ ?
            do a google search yourself so sounds very strange , ive also given out 1000's of LLJ as freebies and only ever had glowing reports so sounds very strange ?
            Hi there ojd
            No pics of that grow sorry. I've just started doing that since I joined this community.
            I've been growing for about 25 years straight now and never had this issue before
            I was told that the freebee was L&LJ so that's all I have to go off. I was looking forward to the results
            I took some clones off the one I grew from seed before I turned it. I grew them in a different tent thinking it may have been a light bleed that caused it but they did exactly the same thing so I gave them the chop too.
            I had no problems at all with the Australian Dead Head or the Critical Mass or the Wedding Cake from Caveman but the OG Kush hermied too which I have posted pics of here https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...led-out-hermie
            Maybe something I'm doing is stressing them out a little but most of my grows are fine
            Here is the OG Kush center rear looking happy enough just before the chop
            Left to right Australian Dead Head, Wedding Cake (front) and Critical Mass
            I grew out the hermied tent full of plants for a while because we had nothing else to smoke. I saved and labelled seeds from them all and still have them in the fridge. The L&LJ will likely be pure but the ADH and CMass seeds may have the L&LJ as the father.
            Now that I think about it I also gave some cuttings to a friend which also hermied and he pulled them before they turned his crop, so it's not just me.
            Cheers

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210911_104305.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.7 KB ID:	17945406

The L&LJ cross seeds are all labelled. I should have thrown them out really and I probably will
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20210917_213833.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	17945443
            Last edited by StickyBandit; 09-17-2021, 09:50.

Comment

Wasn't there a report of at least late hermaphroditism in some phenos in the one of the original test grow diaries?

Comment

Maybe something I'm doing is stressing them out a little but most of my grows are fine
                Forcing 12/12 prior to the feminised seeds reaching sexual determination (determined by observing primoridia in veg) can lead to hermaphroditism especially in preflowers of feminised seeds. Sometimes you might see a few developed male sacs that release pollen. But that condition also can revert back to full female.However if any pollen was thrown you end up with beans. My issue with some of the caveman beans was that some were just DOA like poorly stored and would not germinate. Then ones that I did get going produced frothy loose buds that seemed monecious, producing both sexes in the clusters on mass. These were not connoiseur genetics they were the ski mask ones.

Edit: Yeah so basicaly best practice for fem beanz is to veg till they have gotten over any hermaproditic tendencies by only flipping when you've seen multiple nodes of pistils on every specimen, but that does not stop monecious individuals getting through every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by XbX View Post

Wasn't there a report of at least late hermaphroditism in some phenos in the one of the original test grow diaries?

Casey Jones puts out some bananas last week but never seeds and is always sterile pollen.
                  ive made over 500,000 seeds with Casey Jones and the bananas in last week is a known trait but never any issue.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi there ojd
                    No pics of that grow sorry. I've just started doing that since I joined this community.
                    I've been growing for about 25 years straight now and never had this issue before
                    I was told that the freebee was L&LJ so that's all I have to go off. I was looking forward to the results
                    I took some clones off the one I grew from seed before I turned it. I grew them in a different tent thinking it may have been a light bleed that caused it but they did exactly the same thing so I gave them the chop too.
                    I had no problems at all with the Australian Dead Head or the Critical Mass or the Wedding Cake from Caveman but the OG Kush hermied too which I have posted pics of here https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...led-out-hermie
                    Here is the OG Kush center rear looking happy enough just before the chop
                    Left to right Australian Dead Head, Wedding Cake (front) and Critical Mass
                    I grew out the hermied tent full of plants for a while because we had nothing else to smoke. I saved and labelled seeds from them all and still have them in the fridge. The L&LJ will likely be pure but the ADH and CMass seeds may have the L&LJ as the father.
                    Now that I think about it I also gave some cuttings to a friend which also hermied and he pulled them before they turned his crop, so it's not just me.
                    Cheers

Click image for larger version Name:	20210911_104305.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.7 KB ID:	17945406

The L&LJ cross seeds are all labelled. I should have thrown them out really and I probably will
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210917_213833.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	17945443
                    The seeds you recieved were not an official pack of Lemon N Lime Jones and were loose seeds so defo sounds strange as i said i been selling Lemon N Lime Jones for over 10 years with nothing but glowing reports so dont know what the issue could be.

You got any pics of your mates LLJ or even pics of LLJ you run to check it wasnt a lighteak so i can see the structure and if it looks like LLJ ? , or any of the X's
                    sigpic

Comment

The seeds you recieved were not an official pack of Lemon N Lime Jones and were loose seeds so defo sounds strange as i said i been selling Lemon N Lime Jones for over 10 years with nothing but glowing reports so dont know what the issue could be.

You got any pics of your mates LLJ or even pics of LLJ you run to check it wasnt a lighteak so i can see the structure and if it looks like LLJ ? , or any of the X's
                      Sorry I didn't get any pics and I only got the one bonus seed so I can't send any left over seeds.
                      The one I grew definitely had Y chromosomes because there was powder on the leaves below and it seeded the room. If you had these genetics you would know.
                      I gave a friend a few clones from the young L&LJ cabbage plant's first trim and he planted them outdoors and they hermied too. So def Y chromosomes!
                      I don't believe it was you but I bought from Australia.
                      I still have the resulting cross seeds but I will probably toss those.

Here are the viles they arrived in. L&LJ on the right
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	viles.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.7 KB ID:	17946646

Comment

sterile pollen
                        ok

Comment

Word on the street is that tssbau.com.au is getting solfire stock very soon, breeder packs, keep your eyes open! and no, its not my site and i do not have any links to them before anyone (cough cough OJD) starts jumping to conclusions!

Comment

I grabbed some Chem Psychosis from Caveman, arrived in original packaging, germination rates were good.

Here is the male I took cuttings from to cross with later.

Solid line ODJ, love your work mate.

gallery_thumbs_only_x_photos

Comment

Last year, I had 3 orders fail to show, never had the problem before. No shows were from Attitude, Linda and Seedsman (paid for insurance with Seedsman and the second attempt arrived).

Problem for me is some of the specific strains I want are Seedsman, which seems risky to deal with now

Originally posted by aussiegrower420 View Post
                              its sooo hard to get seeds atm im looking at new seed banks that ship here is there any other seed banks that ship here fucken covid is causing havok

please list them so i can check em out

Comment

I don't even bother ordering seeds anymore from overseas. I suspect the recent issues have something to do with this:

Australia trials new technology to intercept mystery seeds sent in the mail
                                In world-first, agriculture department uses high-resolution X-ray machine to detect presence of seeds

This article is more than 10 months oldAustralia trials new technology to intercept mystery seeds sent in the mail

In world-first, agriculture department uses high-resolution X-ray machine to detect presence of seeds
                                A package from China containing seeds received by a US resident. People in Australia, the UK, New Zealand and Canada have also received a range of different seeds in the post as part of what is believed to be a scam to to bolster an online store’s orders and ratings. Photograph: Kevin E Schmidt/Quad-City Times/ZUMA Wire/REX/ShutterstockJosh Taylor
                                @joshgnosisSat 7 Nov 2020 19.00 GMT The Australian agriculture department is undertaking a world-first trial of new technology aimed at detecting seeds sent in the mail after 228 reports of Australians receiving mysterious seed packets from overseas.

People in Australia and a number of other countries, including the US, UK, New Zealand and Canada, began reporting packets of seeds they had not ordered in mid-July.

The US Department of Agriculture has suggested that the seeds may have been sent as part of what is called a “brushing scam”. The scam is aimed at boosting third-party sellers’ ratings in online stores such as Amazon or eBay by setting up a fake customer account using someone’s name and address found in a data breach. They then buy a product using that account and ship small items to the person’s address, and then leave a five-star review for that seller.

Sowing doubt: people around world receive mystery seed parcels

Ministerial briefing documents obtained by the Guardian show Australian authorities have reached the same verdict.

“Seeds are often sent in the mail as a result of an e-commerce practice called ‘brushing’ to bolster their store’s orders and ratings and to increase their visibility online,” the question time briefing document prepared by the Australian agriculture department states.
                                Unidentified seeds received in the mail. Photograph: Department of Agriculture
                                US reports suggest people in all 50 states have this year received seeds in the mail they did not order.

The Australian agriculture department’s head of biosecurity, Lee Cale, told the Guardian it was a similar story in Australia, with 228 reports of unsolicited seeds being sent in the mail since the beginning of July.

“It’s actually in every state, we’ve received reports from every state now,” she said.

Motherboard has reported – based on documents obtained from US state agriculture departments – that hundreds and maybe thousands of Americans had planted the seeds when they received them.

Cale said that is not the case in Australia.

“We very strongly communicate the fact that if people do get these things … we very strongly encourage people to not plant them. Also, don’t throw them out. But to contact us on that dedicated line, and we will go and pick those seeds up.

“And then we’ll either, if we can re-export them to the centre, send them back, but more often than not will destroy them.”

The seeds are being sent from China, Malaysia, Taiwan and Pakistan predominantly, Cale said. Australian scientists had not examined the seeds here to determine what they are, but in US reports, the seeds included rose, sweet potato, onion, cucumber, tomato, radish, peppergrass, alfalfa, corn, lettuce, hollyhock and spearmint.
                                X-ray machine trial technology used to detect seeds sent in the mail. Photograph: Department of Agriculture, Australia
                                The agriculture department is trying a number of different ways to stop the seeds reaching people in Australia: alerting the jurisdictions where the seeds are coming from to stop them being sent in the first place; raising the issue with the Universal Postal Union; training detector dogs to sniff out the seeds; and now with a $1m trial of new X-ray machine equipment.

The trial is of “a world first seed detection project using real-time video imagery, an auto-detection algorithm, and low-energy, high-resolution X-ray to detect the presence of seeds inside mail articles”, department briefing documents say.

Cale said the current x-ray machine technology used at the border made it difficult for the seeds to be picked up, but the trial with x-ray technology company Rapiscan in Brisbane had been showing results in its early stages.

“We’re preparing for those phase-two trials at the training facility in Brisbane, and then very quickly we want to actually integrate that technology into the Sydney gateway [and] into our operational processes,” she said.
                                Algorithm automatically detecting seeds. Photograph: Department of Agriculture, Australia
                                Cale didn’t put a timeline on when it would be rolled out nationally, but said the second phase of the trial would move “quite rapidly”. The size of the machines, being much smaller than the typical mail screening machines, would make them easier to deploy.

“These are much more mobile. The idea would be to deploy those around the mail facilities around Australia.”

In the meantime, the department has encouraged anyone who receives seeds in the mail to report them via www.awe.gov.au/report or to call 1800 798 636.
                                https://www.theguardian.com/australi...nt-in-the-mail

Comment

Working...
                                X