What's new

Flowering Time In Victoria

Quaneh Bosm

Hi, I would like to grow some 12 week landrace sativas outdoor in melbourne.. is this out of the question? I would have thought 10 week flowering time was the maximum for melbourne but I thought I'd ask.. what is the maximum flowering period you can get away with outdoors in Melbourne? Thank you.

flamstaa

I've grown in the ranges east of Melbourne at around 300m, a bit cooler than the city. I grew one sattie, a Silver Mountain x , I picked it earlier than ideal 2nd week of April, mould with the cold dewy mornings was killing it

I've grown in the ranges east of Melbourne at around 300m, a bit cooler than the city. I grew one sattie, a Silver Mountain x , I picked it earlier than ideal 2nd week of April, mould with the cold dewy mornings was killing it

Get a proper pure sativa that can flower as long as 26 weeks, you can harvest them at 12 weeks, 10 even, you can even harvest before they flower. Pure sativas have potent leaves. With any pure sativa, be sure to sweat cobb cure for at least a month or jar cure at least 3 months otherwise you might think its weak when actually it just has not cured long enough.

Your missing out. Why be down all the time with hybrids when you can be soaring all the time with a pure sativa?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hi, I would like to grow some 12 week landrace sativas outdoor in melbourne.. is this out of the question? I would have thought 10 week flowering time was the maximum for melbourne but I thought I'd ask.. what is the maximum flowering period you can get away with outdoors in Melbourne? Thank you.
I think your right with the 10 week maximum for sunny melbourne ,, lol ..

ive tried sativas down there when i was younger ,

they didnt like it too much ,
the odd year might be ok for 12 to 14 weekers, but as a rule id say 10 weeks of flowering is pretty much what your stuck with there ...

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Get a proper pure sativa that can flower as long as 26 weeks, you can harvest them at 12 weeks, 10 even, you can even harvest before they flower. Pure sativas have potent leaves. With any pure sativa, be sure to sweat cobb cure for at least a month or jar cure at least 3 months otherwise you might think its weak when actually it just has not cured long enough.

Your missing out. Why be down all the time with hybrids when you can be soaring all the time with a pure sativa?
Please don't give advice like this.
A pure sativa taken way too early is shithouse and not worth doing. Better to go with a hybrid as far South as Melbourne, or stick to indoors.
That said, I don't think 12 weeks would be pushing your luck too much. I do know of a grower that successfully does most of ACE's hybrid catalogue at similar distance from the equator.

Some of landrace team's African strains finish in as few as 12 weeks. Remember pure sativas are very resilient plants. Mildew and mold for example are indica and hybrid isssues

Please don't give advice like this.
A pure sativa taken way too early is shithouse and not worth doing. Better to go with a hybrid as far South as Melbourne, or stick to indoors.
That said, I don't think 12 weeks would be pushing your luck too much. I do know of a grower that successfully does most of ACE's hybrid catalogue at similar distance from the equator.

An ethanol extract from the leaves can yield an oil with a high you can't get from a hybrid. If its the sativa high your looking for, you cant find it in ssh or diesel, but you can in an ethiopian or thai