What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My grow setup 2, DWC, 2x2, HLG135, scrog, Bruce Banner

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Weekly update pic.

picture.php

She;s showing signs of nute deficiency or nute burn, I'm not sure which.
I went from 2mls per liter to 4mls per liter of growth nutes, maybe that was too much, the maximum is 10mls per liter according to the manufacturer.

picture.php

See the browned edges? What is this?

bigpeter

Since she's shown these signs when you increased the feed it would be good to assume it was the doubling up of the feed that has caused these problems. If I was you I'd back off on the feed and see what happens. What feed are you using?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks bigpeter, I'm about to mix up some more nutes so will back off the growth nutes by 1ml per liter.

She will get;
3ml per liter of growth nutes
2ml per liter of calmag
2ml per liter of humic/fulvic acid
1ml per liter of Cyco Zyme
1 scoop of Great White beneficial microbes.
1 teaspoon in 6 liters of molasses

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Thanks KC, ph set to 5.8.
Have you read the link in my signature about reservoir tending?

You'll want a full pH swing between 5.4 and 6.0 with DWC. This will allow better absorption by the plant, which means you can use a lower strength of nutes. Cleaner and larger harvest is always good, yeah? :)

Douglas.Curtis

I suggest bumping up the feed because they look hungry. Yes, nutes are a natural pH down and when used by the plants the pH will rise. :)

Douglas.Curtis

5.8pH? Great starting point for drip, flood or other "Roots-Out" hydro system.

With DWC, your pH should be at this point for a few days before you add nutes back to the full starting ppm/ec. This will put your pH back down to your starting point of 5.4'ish.

This is how DWC works with r/o/<14ppm water and this will allow you to grow the cleanest cannabis with the least nutrients. Anything other than r/o and you'll have to find out what pH changes the extra ppm in your water causes. Some places the pH swing is in reverse. :tiphat:

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks Douglas.

I was mixing nutes last night when the pointed tip of my mixing stick broke a hole through the bottom of the watering can, nutes went everywhere, what a mess. It was an old plastic watering can that had been left out in the sun, luckily I had a spare.

KingCobra66

this should also help you Frosty Nuggets

www.canna.com.au/

lots of information worth a look at maybes:)

and check out WelderDan he also grows or used to in dwc same as dc above :)

Last edited:

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
this should also help you Frosty Nuggets

www.canna.com/

lots of information worth a look at maybes:)

and check out WelderDan he also grows or used to in dwc same as dc above :)
Thanks, I tried the link but it just kept sitting there with a blank page loading.

Weekly update pic

picture.php

She's growing fast now, 3 days since light flip and the stretch has started.

KingCobra66

shes super growing now I tried the link to and it does just that, hangs then I tried it in the web address bar and it works so hope it helps you edited it to aus to:)

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks KC, I ended up searching with google, next time I need nutes I will look into it but that won't be for a while.