What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My grow setup 2, DWC, 2x2, HLG135, scrog, Bruce Banner

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
This is what I chopped off, there should be at least an ounce. :groupwave:

picture.php

ozzieAI

Veteran
i have only revegged in hydro once...the biggest risk you run is root rot...especially if there is dead organic matter in the mix...

what i did was remove the plant from the container and pruned back about 80 - 90% of the root ball...you removed most of the plant so culling the roots back won't hurt...plus you get great root regrowth...

then scrubbed the container and made pristine clean...and dropped the nutes down...

overall the whole process was way to long and for me it would have been better to start with a new plant...

good luck...

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks guys. :smoke out:

ozzieAI, there is no dead organic matter, it is DWC, I'm not going to bother trimming the roots, I just couldn't be bothered.

ozzieAI

Veteran
Thanks guys. :smoke out:

ozzieAI, there is no dead organic matter, it is DWC, I'm not going to bother trimming the roots, I just couldn't be bothered.

if you haven't checked your root ball how do you know what condition the roots are in?

when you fried your plant with over fertilising and the leaves died then it is highly likely you burnt the roots and killed some of them off as well creating dead organic matter

it's your plant, do what you want...i am just trying to pass on my knowledge and experience to help you grow better...

ozzieAI

Veteran
an ounce of prevention....

it would be good for you to see how the roots are regardless...as a learning experience...

we trimmed the roots back to the basket leaving it furry with white healthy growth and within a week or two it had grown back, filling the buckets...

cut any brown growth out....what we did was soak the trimmed up basket in a peroxide solution whist we scrubbed the containers out to sanitise the remaining roots...

don't for get to take a pic....

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
I haven't got around to trimming the roots yet, tonight I weighed up the last of the buds, got 25.85g for a total of 119.46g (4.27oz) or 0.7964gpw. :groupwave::smoke out:

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Well I didn't keep an eye on the rez and it dried out and the plant is dead so I have another seed getting started.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Just a quick update.
My latest plant is a few days away from chop.
I went to court in January, represented myself and had the charges thrown out, sadly I didn't get my grow equipment or plant back.

Latest posts

Latest posts