What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

Pumpkin

Veteran
This one looks demented. I had no water at the start but some old fertiliser mixed with algae in it. I think that might have fucked some of em early on. We have some limited water back on now, but need a new pump still.

PXL_20230210_104203872.jpg

Pumpkin

Veteran
Looking great Bunga! How big is that plot? Where are you going to shade cloth, around the sides? The green 30 percent shade cloth is not too bad and let's a fair bit of light and airflow in.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Do you guys think indica or sativa plants look more sexy. I prefer sativa for growing and smoking, but appearance wise I really love the look of indicas, the are just so luscious. An Indica looking plant with big leaves,I truly think they are the best looking. I also don't like too many veins on the leaves, just aesthetically, no other reason
I'm finding the landrace variety of sativa and indica really interesting to grow with the variations and traits they show. Modern hybrids are cool and all but get a little boring.. the last couple of grows I seen of yours were crazy, I understand why you are so critical on yourself but that's just because you know what you're capable of.

Hey sticky. Three kumaoni are pumping along nicely 🤠

Bunga11

Looking great Bunga! How big is that plot? Where are you going to shade cloth, around the sides? The green 30 percent shade cloth is not too bad and let's a fair bit of light and airflow in.
Thanks mate, it’s roughly 2.5m x 2.5m, yeah was thinking of just draping it over the whole arch I’ve made but if it doesn’t stretch too high I’ll try to avoid it full stop.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Thanks mate, it’s roughly 2.5m x 2.5m, yeah was thinking of just draping it over the whole arch I’ve made but if it doesn’t stretch too high I’ll try to avoid it full stop.
just keep bending the branches out rather than covering it with shade cloth ,
and if you really have too , find some white shadecloth as it lets in a lot more light than any other and also hard to see through from a distance ...

Pumpkin

Veteran
You may have to be a bit careful of mould depending on your whereabouts with the shade cloth. You don't want to prevent airflow too much. I've grown fully under shade cloth but was in a very dry hot climate (all enclosed). If I had mould concerns, I would try to keep the sides open to allow more air through. (if needed at all)

Bunga11

A suggestion for next time would be to get some plastic mesh. I find chicken wire can be quite sharp and wound stems creating potential for infection. The plastic mech tends to bend with the plants more causing less damage. Looking great however!!!

This sorta stuff or something like it https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/353519189996
Yeah thanks mate I’ll definitely be investing in some of that next season, and i think id have 2 rows so they’re a bit more accessible, It’s a fair reach into the middle when I weave them now haha

Pumpkin

Veteran
Yeah thanks mate I’ll definitely be investing in some of that next season, and i think id have 2 rows so they’re a bit more accessible, It’s a fair reach into the middle when I weave them now haha
I'm always two way when it comes to rows. Sure it is easier to manage, but you also waste growing space and yield for convenience. Depends on your goals, sometimes it's worth worming your way through on the ground for 1 more square meter. :) The more square metres the more you can yield. It kinda depends on if you grow for pleasure or to maximise you available space. I'm questioning the same thing in my own garden, how much do I want to commando under the canopy :D sometimes I just want it pretty and to skip through my garden, other times I want to pack as many budsites into my available space. I'm not sure what it will be this time for me.

Bunga11

I'm always two way when it comes to rows. Sure it is easier to manage, but you also waste growing space and yield for convenience. Depends on your goals, sometimes it's worth worming your way through on the ground for 1 more square meter. :) The more square metres the more you can yield. It kinda depends on if you grow for pleasure or to maximise you available space. I'm questioning the same thing in my own garden, how much do I want to commando under the canopy :D sometimes I just want it pretty and to skip through my garden, other times I want to pack as many budsites into my available space. I'm not sure what it will be this time for me.
Hey mate not really sure how much I’ll end up with but it’s only bag seeds from mates so not expecting anything too exciting out of them. Yeah I’m hearing you on the space issue man, I’m just really having a play around and see what works best in doors and out. I’ve finally discovered all the great genetics out there so I’m just keen to aim for quality over quantity once I get them sorted.