What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LET'S CLONE IN DIRT, WTF!

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
MMMM gotta love hashish HC, watching that KOG video u linked in knights of the table forum post, so far so good :D.

Peace

sensient

I reckon KOGS grow techniques look pretty sound to me, nice mix of water and nutrients and what appears to be a very solid and reliable indica/sativa cross. Pretty sure he has asian old school sativa in that mix, Thai? Nice. Trippy.

Hi,didn,t mean to offend,but i do disagree,i don,t agree with his techniques on a lot of levels,and i don,t think drying dope on a tarp out in the sun is good advice,but it,s all good, I love Kog,and have spoken to him on diffrent occasions,over the past 11-12 years,he,s a great guy,i just don,t agree on his advice,the cross he has in the video is O.M.S x mr nice shit,i done the same cross,incidently,the old mother seed in my cross came from him,i also received some of the f1,s,and some of the f2,s he made in the video.I did grow some of the f1,s out,and they were excellent,as you would expect from the genetics involved,like i said,i love kog,and i congratulate him on the work he has done for the cause,andfor having the balls to release a book and later the video on growing dope in Aus,good on ya mate!
but i have to admit,the book was a bit rough in the advice it gave,even he admits that,but the videos great,just not his drying and curing techniques,anyway,peace guys...Sensient

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Hi,didn,t mean to offend,but i do disagree,i don,t agree with his techniques on a lot of levels,and i don,t think drying dope on a tarp out in the sun is good advice,but it,s all good, I love Kog,and have spoken to him on diffrent occasions,over the past 11-12 years,he,s a great guy,i just don,t agree on his advice,the cross he has in the video is O.M.S x mr nice shit,i done the same cross,incidently,the old mother seed in my cross came from him,i also received some of the f1,s,and some of the f2,s he made in the video.I did grow some of the f1,s out,and they were excellent,as you would expect from the genetics involved,like i said,i love kog,and i congratulate him on the work he has done for the cause,andfor having the balls to release a book and later the video on growing dope in Aus,good on ya mate!
but i have to admit,the book was a bit rough in the advice it gave,even he admits that,but the videos great,just not his drying and curing techniques,anyway,peace guys...Sensient

Can you please stop saying that the OMS comes from KOG it does not... he had nothing to do with the creation... and has never grown out the real version... in any of his videos... he very well might have grow out a cross of it.. but a true version of OMS i have not seen in any of his videos or pics...........

sensient

Can you please stop saying that the OMS comes from KOG it does not... he had nothing to do with the creation... and has never grown out the real version... in any of his videos... he very well might have grow out a cross of it.. but a true version of OMS i have not seen in any of his videos or pics...........

Hi shroomy,please re-read my post,i do not say the old mother originates from kog,or that he is growing old mother in his video,i said the plants in the video were an old mother cross,but 8i must highly disagre with you on him never growuing the o.m.s,he did have the original,as well as seeds from 20 thai,i don,t want to argue,but thats fact,i know you were around in the old days i remeber you and have respect for you,and i really don,t want to offend,i totally agree the plants in the vid are not oms,i said that they were a cross,also if you do not beleive me 20thai gave kog seed,ask him yourself,apparently he is still around,anyway,peace..sensient

sensient

hi,,a few things from kog,peace

Attachments

• kog book vid.jpg
    kog book vid.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 23
  • kog book.jpg
    kog book.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 20
  • kog vid.jpg
    kog vid.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 24

shroomyshroom

Veteran
Hi shroomy,please re-read my post,i do not say the old mother originates from kog,or that he is growing old mother in his video,i said the plants in the video were an old mother cross,but 8i must highly disagre with you on him never growuing the o.m.s,he did have the original,as well as seeds from 20 thai,i don,t want to argue,but thats fact,i know you were around in the old days i remeber you and have respect for you,and i really don,t want to offend,i totally agree the plants in the vid are not oms,i said that they were a cross,also if you do not beleive me 20thai gave kog seed,ask him yourself,apparently he is still around,anyway,peace..sensient

sorry i reread your post and would seem I was a tad hasty in my reply..

I hate being a thread pirate lets keep this one on track :)

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran

G'day Sensient, KOG's grow methods are pretty agricultural, to say the least, but pretty efficient. I know there are better methods but what he does works. He is growing a cash crop and obviously is not too concerned about meticulous trimming and curing. He's a farmer and works within his parameters.........and he clones in dirt.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
G'day Sensient, KOG's grow methods are pretty agricultural, to say the least, but pretty efficient. I know there are better methods but what he does works. He is growing a cash crop and obviously is not too concerned about meticulous trimming and curing. He's a farmer and works within his parameters.........and he clones in dirt.

Before I step further into this debate I wish to make it clear that I will not get into any form of hostile arguing like name calling or BS. High Country has my respect as a grower but has opened an old can of worms that I just find impossible to resist engaging with logical and friendly debate.

The old-school farmer vs technology is a topic I have been discussing with several other growers in real life lately.

Personally I think KOG is far behind times in just about everything he does, says, and writes. His methods are so out dated and contrary to scientifically proven techniques currently available, that they are simply archaic.

I realize that he has become somewhat of an icon and legend in the mj world because of his publications and videos, but the materials he uses and techniques that he teaches have been a continuing hindrance, not to the mj life style, but to teaching others how to grow efficiently with consistency.

While I do preach K.I.S.S. an adage I seem to be using more frequently lately is that Kog's methods are like rubbing moldy bread on a wound to prevent tetanus, or using leeches to reduce fever, and his videos and publications are great examples of exactly "what Not to do" if you want to consistently grow quality herb.

Marijuana is a "weed" after all and has been cultivated for thousands of years, so to say that Kog's methods are wrong would be, well stupid. However they are long outdated and tend to steer new growers into archaic techniques.

To say that Kog's methods are "pretty efficient" is a long stretch too, his methods are everything BUT efficient. His methods are extremely wasteful and lazy, and very inefficient.

There are MANY more efficient and less wasteful ways of propagating, cultivating, harvesting, and curing marijuana. Or even corn for that matter.

He cures his product in a fuckin tarp "and he clones in dirt".

High Country

Veteran
Before I step further into this debate I wish to make it clear that I will not get into any form of hostile arguing like name calling or BS. High Country has my respect as a grower but has opened an old can of worms that I just find impossible to resist engaging with logical and friendly debate.

The old-school farmer vs technology is a topic I have been discussing with several other growers in real life lately.

Personally I think KOG is far behind times in just about everything he does, says, and writes. His methods are so out dated and contrary to scientifically proven techniques currently available, that they are simply archaic.

I realize that he has become somewhat of an icon and legend in the mj world because of his publications and videos, but the materials he uses and techniques that he teaches have been a continuing hindrance, not to the mj life style, but to teaching others how to grow efficiently with consistency.

While I do preach K.I.S.S. an adage I seem to be using more frequently lately is that Kog's methods are like rubbing moldy bread on a wound to prevent tetanus, or using leeches to reduce fever, and his videos and publications are great examples of exactly "what Not to do" if you want to consistently grow quality herb.

Marijuana is a "weed" after all and has been cultivated for thousands of years, so to say that Kog's methods are wrong would be, well stupid. However they are long outdated and tend to steer new growers into archaic techniques.

To say that Kog's methods are "pretty efficient" is a long stretch too, his methods are everything BUT efficient. His methods are extremely wasteful and lazy, and very inefficient.

There are MANY more efficient and less wasteful ways of propagating, cultivating, harvesting, and curing marijuana. Or even corn for that matter.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".......Voltaire

sensient

Hi all,thanks mate,i 100% agree with you,i like kog,but i have a few issues with his methods as you mentioned,anyway,as you can see in the pics in my earlier post i have his books and cvideo,it,s a great watch and a great laugh,cgheers...sensient:tiphat:

High Country

Veteran
6 DAYS IN, NO CLONEX, NO BOTTOM HEAT

6 DAYS IN, NO CLONEX, NO BOTTOM HEAT

Let's clone in dirt.

6 DAY OLD CLONES, SPRAYED TWICE DAILY, DOME ON

picture.php

THEY'RE STRIKING, ROOTS DEVELOPING

picture.php

It will be interesting to see what they look like in 2 weeks time.

High Country

Veteran
MUMS, AFTER THE CLONE MASSACRE

MUMS, AFTER THE CLONE MASSACRE

It's been nearly a week since 40 clones were taken off the mums followed by a major prune. So how are they looking now?

NEW GROWTH AND ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY

picture.php

HERE'S ANOTHER, MORE CLONE SITES GROWING FOR THE FUTURE

picture.php

So the mums appear to be coming back to health and the clones are on track.

So far so good.

High Country

Veteran
8 DAYS IN

8 DAYS IN

Looking outstanding as usual HC!

Many thanks oKiHai, it's been 8 days since taking the clones and they look just fine. Here they are today.

IT'S LIKE A FOREST OF HAPPY LITTLE CLONES

picture.php

THEY ALL SEEM PRETTY HAPPY AND CONTENTED

picture.php

The dome stays off now and I've given them a spray of Seasol seaweed extract.

The clones have been moved in with their with mums to cement the family relationship. They are now under a 430W Son T, not too close though.

Give em a week I reckon.

Last edited:

High Country

Veteran
ON TRACK, 9 DAYS

ON TRACK, 9 DAYS

What a difference a day makes.

HEALTHY WHITE ROOTS COMING OUT OF THE HIKO CELLS

picture.php

HERE'S ANOTHER AND THE REST SHOULD FOLLOW SOON

picture.php

THESE LITTLE GIRLS ARE OFF AND RUNNING, I EXPECT A 100% STRIKE RATE, 40 OUT OF 40

picture.php

No clonex, no bottom heat, just dirt and a stable environment.......let's clone in dirt.

High Country

Veteran
Killing it HC...heres to 100%...you got urself a good strain :gday:

G'day westg, some people just over complicate cloning, they prod, poke, pull the poor liitle things and kill them with well intended kindness.

Clones don't need much to get going, a stable temperature is enough. They don't need clonex, they don't need nutrients, they have no roots.

Just leave the poor little things alone and let them be until the roots form......patience.

shroomyshroom

Veteran
HC that strain of yours is just amazing....

congrats on proving the old methods work just as well as the new ones :)

High Country

Veteran
It is a very good old reliable indica strain, but I have cloned friends sativa strains, cos they were uncomfortable with the process and got similar results.

It's not rocket science.....temperature, moisture, light.

It's a living thing, give them time....but then again, sometimes they don't co-operate.

Latest posts

Latest posts