Organic Fanatics - Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome cheers!

This is the kind of info we need. Theres so much right under our noses that we can utilise in our gardens/farms.

Munns also make some excellent dry fertilisers that i have used in the past. This one is great: http://www.munns.com.au/71/product/7...ertiliser.aspx

This water saving stuff is also great for pots and hanging baskets http://www.munns.com.au/72/product/9...ot-basket.aspx
    Happy happy, joy joy - Stimpson J.Cat

Dr. Richard Lindzen MIT "Controlling carbon is a bureaucrat's dream. If you control carbon, you control life."

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - Martin L.King Jr

Terra Preta Dark Soil Experiment

Recycled Organic Living Soil

Organic Fanatics Australia

Comment

My nearest Mitre 10 don't stock the gogo juice but they had other neutrog products. I'll have to make some calls. That Munns dry stuff is interesting, high P than N, think I'll grab some of that for early flowering and the veggie beds.
      70W vertical HPS + 50W DIY LED + Organic + DIY microcontroller

Comment

Originally posted by bonsai View Post
        My nearest Mitre 10 don't stock the gogo juice but they had other neutrog products. I'll have to make some calls. That Munns dry stuff is interesting, high P than N, think I'll grab some of that for early flowering and the veggie beds.
        Have you tried bunnings?? every 1 Iv'e been to stock it.

The problem i;m haveing is the EM, can't find it any where and not much available via google either locally.

Another thought was to buy some of the "bokachi" starter you buy at bunnings and try some how to culture the "EM" from that. Maybe if we soak it in some water and add molassis we may get some "culture" of it.

Any one with suggestions???

Cheers Johnny
        As a very old and wise one once said " MUCH TOO LEARN I HAVE"

My first Pc grow "Retired"

My current micro cab grow

Comment

Sick, there are 3 bunnings nearby so easy done.

I haven't found any EM1 in melbourne, but someone has to stock it. In the meantime Im very happy with free lacto culture!
          70W vertical HPS + 50W DIY LED + Organic + DIY microcontroller

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybsmokin View Post
            Another thought was to buy some of the "bokachi" starter you buy at bunnings and try some how to culture the "EM" from that. Maybe if we soak it in some water and add molassis we may get some "culture" of it.
            get the bokachi bucket as well it the easiest way to "culture" what you are after ???
            Squiggles Pics

Organic Fanatics - Australia (SilverSurfer OG's work in progress)

The Sacred Ghee

Sweet Tooth Society

:ying:Nam-myoho-renge-kyo:ying:

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggles View Post
              get the bokachi bucket as well it the easiest way to "culture" what you are after ???
              Will definately be buying one for sure, as there is still a lot of food stuff going to waste in my house hold that can't be put into the compost or worm bin's. It would certainly help to enrich the compost when finnished.

So do you recond that the EM could be cultured from this system?? as I would also like to start with some FPE etc. I also dabble with veg's in the garden organically so any other type of organic amendment is good.

Cheers Johnny

Comment

I think EM is quite a specific blend so being able to recreate it is doubtful.

Thats not to say you wont come up with something good and useable.

I know we can make the bokashi bran using EM1 and molasses plus active ceramics but the other way round... not sure.

You can buy the EM1 online here:

http://www.reeco.com.au/effective-mi...nisms?TreeId=2

This is a good list of stockists around the country.

http://www.eco-organics.com.au/stockists.htm

Dr. Richard Lindzen MIT "Controlling carbon is a bureaucrat's dream. If you control carbon, you control life."

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSurfer_OG View Post
                  I think EM is quite a specific blend so being able to recreate it is doubtful.

Thats not to say you wont come up with something good and useable.

I know we can make the bokashi bran using EM1 and molasses plus active ceramics but the other way round... not sure.

You can buy the EM1 online here:

http://www.reeco.com.au/effective-mi...nisms?TreeId=2

This is a good list of stockists around the country.

http://www.eco-organics.com.au/stockists.htm
                  Thanks Silver, I did find info on eco-organics, but my local "suppliest" operates out of a private residence address and was not answering the phone as well.

Have just checked out reeco's web site (I did not find this one in my google search) and it looks good and going by the Po Box address it looks fairly close as well. I will ring them and see if they have a retail shop nearby etc.

Once again thank you.

Cheers Johnny

Comment

Great thread. Some really good ideas and resources. I'll be going organic when I move a couple outside in september.
                    Ditched the aquaponics for a while, back on full hydro.
                    Experimenting with crossing white widow, blue mystic and critical+ females with a white rhino male.
                    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=206711
                    :shark::shark:

White Widow
                    Blue Mystic
                    Critical+
                    White Rhino
                    :watchplant: :plant grow::smokeit:

Comment

nice thread

i will follow your thrad

peace
                      DiMoDz
                      Quatumboard LeD producer

H
                      ybridsFromHell

Comment

Cheers boys!

Feel free to ask questions and post up pics of any organics in action or recommend a product.

With regards to the lemon juice and citric acid as ph down: I was mixing up a batch of liquid feed last night and realised the calcium phospate and my fermented plant extract of pineapple are both acidic.

I guess the cal phos with vinegar would be bit stronger.

It is good to know the ph levels of different ingredients.

Comment

Does anyone use silica? I had some misfortune turn out to be more fortuitous than I had originally envisioned last year when I met by circumstance a fine certified organic vegetable grower. She used silica spray as one of her main forms of pest control, and also as a plant 'tonic'.
                          Not only did she pick and drink fresh aloe vera every morning, she used the aloe scraps as a compost accelerator. She looked about 50 but later told me she was approaching 70 years old.
                          On a different note, I turned one of the vege patches yesterday which I let rest in rotation. All my fish frames end up in the resting patch after a good haul of fish. When it was turned yesterday, i noticed fish bones surrounded by fine root hairs from nearby plants. All the surrounding beds are well fertilised which can only make me summise that the plants will go a long way for a good feed of fish. Better go fishing again soon....

Comment

Hey luvaduck.

The Proganics Stimulate has good amount silica which i use mainly in the feed. I really should foliar more often with it but. Especially with the soiless mixes as they dont as a rule contain any. Good soil will have more available. What did the lady use as silica source duk?

Diatomaceous earth is 80-90% silica.

Use in agriculture

Natural freshwater diatomaceous earth is used in agriculture for grain storage as an anticaking agent, as well as an insecticide.[16] It is approved by the US Department of Agriculture as a feed supplement.

It is also used as a neutral anthelmintic (dewormer). Some farmers add it to their livestock and poultry feed to improve the health of animals.[17] "Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth" is widely available in agricultural feed supply stores. It is acceptable as organic feed additive for livestock.

Hydroponics

Freshwater diatomite can be used as a growing medium in hydroponic gardens.

It is also used as a growing medium in potted plants, particularly as bonsai soil. Bonsai enthusiasts use it as a soil additive, or pot a bonsai tree in 100% diatomaceous earth. Like perlite, vermiculite, and expanded clay, it retains water and nutrients, while draining fast and freely, allowing high oxygen circulation within the growing medium.

Have managed to eliminate 2 different types of spider mites (one arrived in the mail) using a lavender soak as a foliar. Just put lavender flowers in a container with fresh water and leave for a day or two. Then strain em and dilute a bit for spraying. Less is more but i havent had any burning or leaf mould etc with regular applications. Combine that with a touch of neem oil (not every spray) and should be smothering the eggs too

If you switch up the varieties of lavender the mites cant build up resistance either.

Thanks to brother Jaykush for that little nugget.

Fish frames sound very nice! Havta get the fishing rod out

Comment

Respekt

Comment

lavender oil! not quite cannabis but my rellies with a dairy farm use lavender oil to combat buffallo fly on their moo cows. the upshot of their moving away from chems has been a surge in soil-based organisms and dung beetle larvae ... and a population explosion of willy wagtails due to the extra food (mostly buffallo fly larvae)!

Comment

Working...
                                X