What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE KIWI THREAD

Brother Nature

Cheers mate, it's got a single 55w PLL fluorescent in it, works very well for cloning and the first week or so of veg. I don't know the kelvin rating of it off the top of my head though, sorry. This is a good starting thread, https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=366496, there's a few more that are a bit more technical, but I've been drinking tonight so finding them isn't at the top of my list. The LED section, under grow room equipment has most of what you'll want to know, just takes a bit of searching.

StickyBandit

Hey guys and girls
Curious to see what strains are lurking in NZ
I have the Australian Dead Head and Critical Mass and something else I'm not sure of that has been around for decades and it seems like a great little hybrid
Fast growing, high yield, reasonably strong, tasty, doesn't make you overly sleepy or hungry and nice chunky buds :) I will post a pic when some is ripe and see if we can identify it
I have posted these pics in the connoisseurgenetics section also
Australian Dead Head on the outside edges and Critical Mass in the center

image_2064739.jpg
image_2064738.jpg

image_2064737.jpg

Last edited:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys and girls
Curious to see what strains are lurking in NZ
I have the Australian Dead Head and Critical Mass and something else I'm not sure of that has been around for decades and it seems like a great little hybrid
Fast growing, high yield, reasonably strong, tasty, doesn't make you overly sleepy or hungry and nice chunky buds :) I will post a pic when some is ripe and see if we can identify it
I have posted these pics in the connoisseurgenetics section also
Australian Dead Head on the outside edges and Critical Mass in the center

Which one is the big fat chunky one on the right:flowers2:? That’s a whopper!

budsnblunts

Veteran
How does the deadhead go outsite sticky? I've got a little bit, a couple og grape stomper x deep chunk phenos. A nice gran daddy purp, a blueberry gum, and a cross of the blueberrygum and an unknown affy. All produce well under 8 weeks inside. Little finicky when its out side. Cheers from another kiwi.

StickyBandit

How does the deadhead go outsite sticky? I've got a little bit, a couple og grape stomper x deep chunk phenos. A nice gran daddy purp, a blueberry gum, and a cross of the blueberrygum and an unknown affy. All produce well under 8 weeks inside. Little finicky when its out side. Cheers from another kiwi.

Hi fellow kiwi :wave:
I have no idea as I've never done ANY outside growing :)
Looks like a good few different strains you have there 👍

JineLee

Te ofrecemos las mejores prensas para sublimar a un precio de locura, visita nuestra tienda online. Desde ya les digo que estoy hablando en doble sentido y si saben a que me refiero.

rod58

STILL WAITING KIWIS !
i shore sheep for many years with you lot so i know you guys choof a bit ,...a lot ..lol . so show us ya grows !
something to break the ice ..oh , and i know you Mattskibop though not for a few years now mate . hope all is well .

Attachments

• photo1925050.jpg
    photo1925050.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 150

NzGreenWhanau

Whats everyone working with In N.Z at the moment?, ive been taking some time of growing and working though all the fruits of my labour😂ive gotva few packs of seed from a lady called chemmlab seeds im keen to try, and a couple packs from jinxproof genetics

Last edited:

Lugo

Veteran
Hey, I've got a question for my fellow kiwis. I'm wondering what 'kiwi bred' strains we've got floating around over here. I've heard of and had the chance to grow a couple, the only one I could verify legitimately was 'Te Kakariki'. She was a beautiful Sativa dominant strain that I always think tastes and smells like limes mixed with grated carrots (it's actually a lovely taste..lol). I'd love to know what was behind this strain as it's very unlike anything else I've smoked or grown in a long long time.

Other than that one, I was lucky enough to sample a fair bit of Masta Yoda and some original Te Puke Thunder, both excellent smokes in their own ways. But aside from those, I've hardly had any real 'NZ Green'

I'm hoping someone out there can shed some light on NZ bred strains. As great as kush and whatever strain of the month is out are, I'm more interested in the history of cannabis in NZ and the lineage of these strains, we seem to have a rich cannabis history, but not one we can find much about.
Definetely interested as well. If you guys can grow quality coffee you can definetely grow quality Cannabis.

Greetings from Colombia 🇨🇴