What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE KIWI THREAD

bambi

hey there! - In the last couple of years ive had little luck with regards to getting seeds into the country before customs bastards swoop on em, so i changed to seed banks in the UK and have had no problems, less suspecting is all i can figure on that,

Attidude and mr nice ive recieved seeds from, the usa is probably the easiest ive found"

bambi

Born in the land of the Kiwis...yet to return...someday...someday....

Hey doc,,That sativa photo reminds me of a clone i had once from the north island, looks alot like what kiwi seed boys have used, dunno, the high seemed to make my eyes extremely sore and give me little pain, so i ditched it,

Ive a bubblegum type of marijuana card with a beautiful plant called kyles kush, buds are red pink looking, and i recall this name on the overgro site back in 2000 i think, my greener growing years indoors.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
It's been a bit quiet from across the ditch...what's going on over there?

No...I don't need any more male plants.

Last edited:

bambi

I come from the land down under.

I come from the land down under.

btw... alot of kiwis here... but only 1 lives in NZ??...
are there any of us left over there???

well i am nz breed and in the country still, very low profile ive been since 1998 when i moved indoors for growing and now 12-13 later my addiction to become a good breeder of the plant has paid off, first time ive spoke of this to be honest,
However NZ need a honest reliable seed bank of its own in nz, my first seed slave i made with the medicanil paitents in mind, a old scool variety thats high in cds and can really slow ya down if smoked to much, along with an unusally long period of building up imunity to this super skunk hybrid in f/1 form that seens very stable, more of a true blue knock out stone with the super skunk flavours apparent in taste and smell, theres a very reaky 6wk flowering plant amongst the seed line im having tested out now in site.

buds speed - b'

keke.nz

^^ sounds good bambi, i wouldnt mind getting my hands on a few of those beans.

Just ordered in some power skunk from TFD, got here in a week, well 6 days im pretty sure.
Time to start again.. the fun begins.

keke.nz

S

Sad But True

well i am nz breed and in the country still, very low profile ive been since 1998 when i moved indoors for growing and now 12-13 later my addiction to become a good breeder of the plant has paid off, first time ive spoke of this to be honest,
However NZ need a honest reliable seed bank of its own in nz, my first seed slave i made with the medicanil paitents in mind, a old scool variety thats high in cds and can really slow ya down if smoked to much, along with an unusally long period of building up imunity to this super skunk hybrid in f/1 form that seens very stable, more of a true blue knock out stone with the super skunk flavours apparent in taste and smell, theres a very reaky 6wk flowering plant amongst the seed line im having tested out now in site.

buds speed - b'

Hey man, are you interested in doing a seed swap?
I have a few strains just about ready for seed.
Will PM you.

Hows everyone's crops going this year?
Hope no one got caught up with this...
http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/6501302/Giant-cannabis-plants-seized

FarmerGreen

^^ sounds good bambi, i wouldnt mind getting my hands on a few of those beans.

Just ordered in some power skunk from TFD, got here in a week, well 6 days im pretty sure.
Time to start again.. the fun begins.

keke.nz

Did you have them sent to your house?

Still freaks me out too much to try it

cannabisnz

Most seedbanks ship to NZ. I've had one package intercepted out of ten in five years. it's not exactly a big deal getting caught anyway. It's just silly to get all paranoid over something like that compared to actually growing a plantation or running a grow room.

You won't get many real kiwi growers on here. For some reason most kiwi grow sites quickly fill up with trolls who don't actually grow much at all but argue with everybody and pick away at all the real growers. The NZ NORML site is full of them. I grew up in an era when 1000 plants outdoors was a seed crop and we bred our own genetics.

Now we have a new generation in NZ that thinks 5 plants in the bedroom closet makes them an expert on cannabis and that the fancier the name of the weed then the better it must be.

I've been following weed sites on the net since the web was invented. There was no such thing when I first started growing.

The best plants I've seen overall on the web in thirty years .... worldwide.... are those of Kangativa and BushWeed. That's old school growing and old school genetics and a real trip down memory lane.

cannabisnz

R

rawt

Hello fellow kiwis! I'm looking to set up a very small CFL grow (sick of paying for shitty weed) and am wondering if anyone might know where to purchase those adapters that allow you to plug a light bulb into a standard power socket. They look similar to this.

R

rawt

Went to heaps of stores but didn't find any. Ended up purchasing some work lights from Mire 10 Mega which are pretty much the same but have a cord attached. Works great.

vostok

Veteran
Went to heaps of stores but didn't find any. Ended up purchasing some work lights from Mire 10 Mega which are pretty much the same but have a cord attached. Works great.
That would be Halogen work / shop lights, like on a yellow stand
they put out the wrong color light at the wrong kelvin, get a full HPS system from www.sog.co.nz . 1x 600w hps will do 9 plants (1xM2) in 3gallon/11 litre pots 3 ft high in 3 months really good

good luck

"V"

R

rawt

That would be Halogen work / shop lights, like on a yellow stand
they put out the wrong color light at the wrong kelvin, get a full HPS system from www.sog.co.nz . 1x 600w hps will do 9 plants (1xM2) in 3gallon/11 litre pots 3 ft high in 3 months really good

good luck

"V"

The work lamps allow for any e27 bulb to be inserted. I have used CFLs in mine, some 6500k and some 2700k. I can only really afford to run around 150w of lights so a 600w HPS is out of the question at the moment.

E

eastbayray

tahoe x sfv

Smells like lemon candy. Very sour, spicey and earthy with a lemon pledge and pine exhale. Kerosene. Bitter like a good pale ale :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 41
E

eastbayray

MNS Neville's Haze tie-down. Stem-rub is almost all mango with a hint of pepper and fuel.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1283.jpg
    IMG_1283.jpg